Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Bolt
Customized
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Florida
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:35 am

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 8:59 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:55 pm
I'd like to see what the source images look like, but for $60 this seems pretty sweet.
Zenni has an option for you scan your face sort of to see if glasses will match your face with a video camera. Images like that would probably be more accurate than just a normal photo.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 41356
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 8:59 pm

I've wanted my own likeness on an action figure head for a while now (I've even prepped a Luis body for one), so I'm all about this. I didn't even think about how it could be used for long-requested actor likenesses, but I'm betting they're off limits as the actors themselves would have to sign off on that.
User avatar
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3617
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 9:14 pm

sepster wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:48 pm
september_death wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:31 pm
My first thought was how do you submit photos and what happens when people try to make celebrities.

I’ll probably get a Ghostbusters one.

There was talk of this this morning over on a Star Wars (Star Wars is starting off with X-Wing pilots) forums. We were wondering what would happen if people submit pictures of actual characters from the movies that haven't been made yet in action figure form. My guess is that Hasbro would site "likeness" issues or something.

But, this could, theoretically, be a way for people to get a Michael Douglas Ant-Man, a Robert Redford Donald Pierce, or a Kat Dennings Darcy Marvel Legend.
You could finally get that David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, from the TV movie. :D
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4958
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 9:35 pm

I have glasses and a beard. I wonder how they would tackle that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1283
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 10:13 pm

they need to have dad bod thor as an option
User avatar
TheLoneToyman
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Bashbash99 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:13 pm
they need to have dad bod thor as an option
Sounds like a good excuse to give us Porkins and Malakili in the Black Series too. :D
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Call us 555-2568 We’re ready to believe you
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:35 pm
I have glasses and a beard. I wonder how they would tackle that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
send you coupons for contacts and a razor
tetragene
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:07 am

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 10:51 pm

this is interesting -- I'm pretty sure celebrity likeness will be off limits because that sounds like a nightmare of lawsuits to deal with, but this could be fun for people that want figures based off themselves/friends/family (probably great for couples to have as wedding toppers).

But... if I could finally get a Kylie Minogue likeness on a figure for my years long Dazzler MCU fan-cast.... I'd be on it like white on rice & probably STFU about any Hasbro criticism for a hot minute lol
User avatar
TheLoneToyman
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 pm

tetragene wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:51 pm
this is interesting -- I'm pretty sure celebrity likeness will be off limits because that sounds like a nightmare of lawsuits to deal with, but this could be fun for people that want figures based off themselves/friends/family (probably great for couples to have as wedding toppers).

But... if I could finally get a Kylie Minogue likeness on a figure for my years long Dazzler MCU fan-cast.... I'd be on it like white on rice & probably STFU about any Hasbro criticism for a hot minute lol
Hire a celebrity look-a-like and send their pictures in. Problem solved!
User avatar
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 5321
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:20 am

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 11:09 pm

NORM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:59 pm
I've wanted my own likeness on an action figure head for a while now (I've even prepped a Luis body for one), so I'm all about this. I didn't even think about how it could be used for long-requested actor likenesses, but I'm betting they're off limits as the actors themselves would have to sign off on that.

Why didn't you make one? I had Flobbo/TimzToyz make a me but you have the skills to do it on your own!
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2377
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 am

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 11:11 pm

So are they just gonna print your face on a generic stock head? Or are they 3D printing a custom head based on several images?

Hope to hear more from this, cuz it sounds cool.
VeganDiet
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:15 am

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 11:13 pm

This seems like a fun idea. Will have to keep an eye on it to see how it turns out. I sure wouldn’t mind seeing my face on a Spider-Man body if I’m fully honest
User avatar
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1260
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 pm

Sounds like a fun idea. I wonder if they would be willing to offer just heads and lower the price. I could see myself willing to pay $25 just for a head sculpt.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 41356
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 am

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 11:09 pm
NORM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:59 pm
I've wanted my own likeness on an action figure head for a while now (I've even prepped a Luis body for one), so I'm all about this. I didn't even think about how it could be used for long-requested actor likenesses, but I'm betting they're off limits as the actors themselves would have to sign off on that.

Why didn't you make one? I had Flobbo/TimzToyz make a me but you have the skills to do it on your own!
Aw shucks, no. I do not have those skills. Not anymore. I would want photo real digital printing! I'll spare no expense!
Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:57 am

Re: Hasbro Pulse Selfie Series

Thu May 26, 2022 12:45 am

I assume this is like a video game character creator where you pick the head shape, hair sculpt and maybe facial hair and then they print your face over it. Fun concept but their examples are not wowing me.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”