Would you purchase this 2pack if it was made?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Would you purchase this 2pack if it was made?

Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 am

I was of the generation that was already a big fan when these shows first appeared. Collected comics and had Megos, etc. and I remember being so excited for them and then always disappointed in them when they aired. That said ... I came back every week for more. So my desire to have them is ... complicated I guess.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed May 25, 2022 10:53 am

Maxmumspida wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:29 am
BILLIUM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:07 am
I actually got to meet Lou Ferrigno, and as a result, I would pass on a figure of him.
What happened?
He wasn't very friendly or welcoming. He was supposed to be charging about $40 for autographs, and when my family and I got to him, he asked for $80 (I had him sign the Wal*Mart exclusive figure from the first Hulk movie). When I tried to talk to him he just gave one word answers, like he really didn't want to talk. My sister brought him original Hulk Hands and instead of a hello, the first thing he says to her is "I'll sign both for another $80." It was really off-putting, and I wouldn't spend the money to meet him ever again (I've seen him at 2 or 3 other cons and I just passed him right by).

Now, by comparison, someone like Michael Rooker? I am considering going to meet him again; if you ever get the chance to, do it! He's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet; he's friendly, welcoming and just loves to talk with his fans, you can tell.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Wed May 25, 2022 11:57 am

Might get them on deep clearance.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 12:01 pm

Yes*
Lou Ferigno Hulk is pretty high on my want list. If they do him correctly he would actually be the smallest Hulk they've done, right?
Where's that web shooter belt on the Japanese Spidey that they have coming out?

*Provided that the price isn't so high that I feel completely ripped off.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed May 25, 2022 12:59 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Maxmumspida wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:29 am
BILLIUM wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:07 am
I actually got to meet Lou Ferrigno, and as a result, I would pass on a figure of him.
What happened?
He wasn't very friendly or welcoming. He was supposed to be charging about $40 for autographs, and when my family and I got to him, he asked for $80 (I had him sign the Wal*Mart exclusive figure from the first Hulk movie). When I tried to talk to him he just gave one word answers, like he really didn't want to talk. My sister brought him original Hulk Hands and instead of a hello, the first thing he says to her is "I'll sign both for another $80." It was really off-putting, and I wouldn't spend the money to meet him ever again (I've seen him at 2 or 3 other cons and I just passed him right by).

Now, by comparison, someone like Michael Rooker? I am considering going to meet him again; if you ever get the chance to, do it! He's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet; he's friendly, welcoming and just loves to talk with his fans, you can tell.
That’s a bummer. I wonder if it’s because he has severe hearing loss since he was a young kid. Maybe he has a hard time with fan interactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Nope, it'd be one of the easiest passes.
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Wed May 25, 2022 3:53 pm

I watched and enjoyed both as a wee Silverback. However, at the time I had enough aesthetic sense to know Lou Ferrigno looked goofy as hell and never fought any real super villains but instead just ran around smashing desks and walls while foiling the best laid plans of embezzlers and mob goons.
Spider-man was cool, but it too had him trivially foiling the schemes of kidnappers and other boring criminals. Even at the tender age of eight or nine, I was like, "where the hell is Doc Ock or the Green Goblin???"
Basically, both those shows were wack-a-doo-doo. Plus, aside from the fact I strictly collect classic comic book figures and not MCU merchandise, I cringe to extrapolate the price Hasbro will be asking for the two-pack in a couple years if and when it gets made. So, ...that's a big fat hell no.
DaThing
CROM!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:34 pm

I definitely want a Nicholas Hammond Spidey....I'd take a Ferrigno Hulk too but until this moment...I've never stopped to think about how it should be made. Thinking about it...I can't decide if it should be like actual Ferrigno sized aka regular figure size or made how he was supposed to be in the show...
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:50 pm

This is not a set I'd be asking for, but I buy 99.99% of Marvel Legends stuff, so I'd most likely buy it anyway.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed May 25, 2022 4:57 pm

A well done Ferrigno Hulk I'd get in a heartbeat. Loved that show. Not sure about the Spider-Man.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm

More interested in TV Hulk than TV Spidey - I'd rather have a Bill Bixby Banner and Ferrigno Hulk 2-pack. But I would take the two-pack for sure.

I wonder if Hasbro's license covers this era?
Maxmumspida
HULK SMASH!

Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:01 pm
Where's that web shooter belt on the Japanese Spidey that they have coming out?
Wow, good catch. But I had to check to find this out. The web shooter belt is on the Nicholas Hammond spidey, not Shinjo Todo.
Maxmumspida
HULK SMASH!

Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 pm

fac wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:58 pm
More interested in TV Hulk than TV Spidey - I'd rather have a Bill Bixby Banner and Ferrigno Hulk 2-pack. But I would take the two-pack for sure.
Seconded!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”