Help ID this Cap shield

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Help ID this Cap shield

Wed May 18, 2022 2:18 am

I just got this Captain America shield for cheap on ebay. It was billed as the Toybiz series 1 Cap shield, but such is not the case as far as I can tell.

I have all the 6" Toybiz Caps that I am aware of: series 1 Cap, Ultimate Cap, and Face Off Cap. This one differs from all of those in that the reds are darker, there is silver where the white should be, and the blue is lighter. It is also ever so slightly smaller than the other three. It does, however, have the collapsible wrist clip, and the elastic straps that I thought were only something Toybiz shields had. It also feels like the same type of plastic used on the TB shields. Any thoughts on this?

From top to bottom--series 1, Ultimate, Face-Off, unknown

Justice Freak
Customized

Re: Help ID this Cap shield

Wed May 18, 2022 2:25 am

Hasbro Steve Rogers from the Terrax BAF wave perhaps.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 2:35 am

I think it’s the one that came with the “Captain America” armor repaint of the Iron Man MK III armor from the movie concept line. I used it as a stand in for Iron Patriot back in the day, though it had a blue helmet and torso.
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 2:39 am

NORM wrote:I think it’s the one that came with the “Captain America” armor repaint of the Iron Man MK III armor from the movie concept line. I used it as a stand in for Iron Patriot back in the day, though it had a blue helmet and torso.
I second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Wed May 18, 2022 2:40 am

Yup that's a captain America shield!

No seriously I think that might be the shield that came with the what if iron man concept armor.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 2:57 am

Yep, looks like that's it. The elastic straps were really throwing me off. Didn't think Hasbro did those.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 1:35 pm

I honestly like those shields alot better then Hasbro's. The clips on Hasbro's break so easy, and then you're kinda screwed. But those old clips are really thick, and they hold up well. And if they did break or you lose them, you can still use the straps. When I would display and take pics of my Capt. America figures they were always sporting those shields. The Hasbro ones are also too small. They're just bad...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 1:50 pm

While I liked that the elastic straps could make it so the shield could be worn on his shoulders, that would stretch them out and make them loose over time. When worn around the arm, even when at fresh elasticity, they were too loose around the arm and flopped down in an unsightly way. The clips, though fragile these days, at least help to secure the shields to the arm better. The MCU shields with plastic straps do a much better job securing to the arm, but then can't accommodate a peg to plug into the back, and the straps are far too narrow to be worn on the shoulders. I haven't seen a really catch-all solution to this yet. There's always some drawback.
robert
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 18, 2022 10:59 pm

I think it’s Vance Astros ~ which is technically Caps.Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:45 pm

CaptainRon wrote:
NORM wrote:I think it’s the one that came with the “Captain America” armor repaint of the Iron Man MK III armor from the movie concept line. I used it as a stand in for Iron Patriot back in the day, though it had a blue helmet and torso.
I second.

http://www.oafe.net/yo/im1_cap.php

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:51 am

robert wrote:I think it’s Vance Astros ~ which is technically Caps.Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This shield doesn't have straps iirc. The one hes asking about does.

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:40 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:35 pm
I honestly like those shields alot better then Hasbro's. The clips on Hasbro's break so easy, and then you're kinda screwed. But those old clips are really thick, and they hold up well. And if they did break or you lose them, you can still use the straps. When I would display and take pics of my Capt. America figures they were always sporting those shields. The Hasbro ones are also too small. They're just bad...

I like the TB shields a lot too. You can see in the pic, I don't have the clip for the series 1 Cap shield, but he can still hold it because of the straps. Nice! Good size on all of them too.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:22 am

If I could buy more of them at a decent price I would. I did buy some knock off MCU ones from the, I believe, Civil War? Cap. It's the mold they used for TWS movie, painted the proper colors. I like that one alot too. Well worth it.

Innershade
Super Poseable

Fri May 20, 2022 2:29 pm

Hi, I have this shield because it comes with the 2008 Iron Man Concept Captain America Armor.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 12:46 pm

I was going to chime in that I was pretty sure it was from the Iron Man figure, but looks like that determination is already reached.
It's a good figure, but too small. I wonder if I still have it? Would look nice in the "Cap Museum."

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”