2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:32 pm

I don't really like that Psylocke headsculp. I don't know why Hasbro only used the SDCC Psylocke headsculp only once.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:39 pm

Rogue is disappointing. The hair's ok, I guess, but it could be bigger. I'm not crazy about the face and the painted-on costume looks cheap, especially when there's already parts in the library that would be more suitable.

It just seems like another example of Hasbro putting the bare minimum of effort into a figure that'll likely never be redone. I hope that if they get around to Psylocke she has more care put into her.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:45 pm

I think Hasbro needs more work on Asian characters. Psylocke and Jubilee were clearly drawn to be Asian in the Jim Lee days, but the eyes on the figures don't look like that at all. Maybe they're afraid to offend somebody if they make the eyes narrower.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Discogod wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:39 pm
Rogue is disappointing. The hair's ok, I guess, but it could be bigger. I'm not crazy about the face and the painted-on costume looks cheap, especially when there's already parts in the library that would be more suitable.

It just seems like another example of Hasbro putting the bare minimum of effort into a figure that'll likely never be redone. I hope that if they get around to Psylocke she has more care put into her.

I don't think they got the face right, but maybe it'll look better when we get clearer pictures.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:01 pm

DetectiveHoag wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:29 pm
sepster wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:19 pm
With the Outback crew well on it's way (Rogue, Dazzler, Longshot, Havok, and Wolverine plus the Reavers) my hopes for the eventual Armored Psylocke, Shirtless Colossus, and Storm (I'd be good with either the jacket or lightning bolt look) is reaching max-level.
Don’t forget Madelyne and Gateway.
Certainly not! They’re both necessary

I understand the complaints about Rogue but I’m glad to get her.

I don’t love the new Psylocke head either.
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:02 pm

I mean, I'm not asking Hasbro to slavishly recreate Silvestri & Green's art in 3-D, but I would like Rogue to resemble how she drawn rather than the "random woman cosplaying as character" we seem to get from Hasbro.
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Was hoping for a John Byrne Phoenix Saga Cyclops.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:24 pm

The UXM #275 3-packs look nice. Forge getting one pin in his leg is... odd. Huh.

I'm not sure why they didn't reuse the comic Scarlet Witch upper torso for Outback Rogue.

Blob looks okay. I definitely prefer the BAF's head sculpt. The ones we're getting aren't terrible. Just a personal preference thing, I think.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:32 pm

Psylockes head doesn't look bad. But it doesn't look like Psylocke. And the skin tone probably will not match any of the previous releases.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:36 pm

Handsome wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:20 pm

I like this Psylocke headscluplt.. but will the skin tone match with the Apocalypse wave body? Because the Nimrod 3-pack version was noticeably different.
Will it match skin tones? It's almost definitely a "no". This Psylocke doesn't look Oriental either, but it's a step up from the Apocalypse wave version.

Rogue is a bit of a disappointment, IMO. I wanted the Moonstone buck, and her painted on details are weak. All those greens should be separate pieces to her suit.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:40 pm

I don't love the new Psylocke head sculpt but I don't hate it either. It's the best we've gotten but I can think of a lot of ways to easily improve it. Not sure why the eyes are still so big and painted. Why couldn't they have just done what they did with Storm? At least the hair sculpt is correct this time.

On a side note, the word "Oriental" has fallen out of social favor. They are rugs, not people. Just thought I'd throw that out there for folks that are still using it.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:55 pm

I don't understand what's so difficult about the Jim Lee head that they can't pull off or refuse to.

They were able to give us a perfect Opena face sculpt but the Jim Lee likeness is like this unachievable unicorn that will never be accomplished.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:56 pm

Oriental. Classy.

Some people have a really narrow minded view of what Asian people look like.
Popoman
CROM?

Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:15 pm

One thing I noticed is that Forge's robot leg doesn't have the strap down by the knee like it should be (or at least how it is on that cover) so the transition to the costumed part doesn't look as good. I feel like the reason they left it out is because they made the thigh strap on the regular leg too high to begin with, so if they had given him the proper thigh strap on the cybernetic leg it wouldn't have matched.

Of course, his leg never made sense anyway. But now it makes less sense.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm

As a huge X-Men fan, this livestream was for me! Even if not perfect, they were amazing reveals.

3-packs: I love how (almost) all the training uniform team got new head sculpts! They look great together. Decent packs, finishing a whole team with only 3 buys.

Outback Rogue: Not super in love with her. I wish the paint on the costume was more faithful to the comics and the hair is kind off. Was hoping for a more Silvestri style hair and face. But I'm happy to be adding her to the Outback team! Bring on Psylocke and Storm! and Colossus.

Blob: he looks perfect for me! Love the new articulation and the calm head.

Can't wait for this new Psylocke head to be used in an improved Jim Lee costume release.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”