2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:19 am

I hope we get a proper Classic Magneto next year, they have the right body now from AOA but need the classic cape and a whole new helmeted face.
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:36 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:
I hope we get a proper Classic Magneto next year, they have the right body now from AOA but need the classic cape and a whole new helmeted face.

Is this not a proper classic Magneto?

Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:41 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Spocks_Goatee wrote:

Boxset exclusive with questionable sculpts, Scarlet Witch was the only proper figure of the three.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:48 am

Is Wolverine an all new body or is it just the brown costume Wolverine body with new pinless arms and legs?
RoyalCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:50 am

Spocks_Goatee wrote:
RoyalCollector wrote:
Spocks_Goatee wrote:

Boxset exclusive with questionable sculpts, Scarlet Witch was the only proper figure of the three.

It's still quite a recent figure of the Classic Magneto matching your specifications, the AOA body, classic cape. I wouldn't be surprised if a re-issue/redo isn't on Hasbro's radar for another 5 years. And that boxset was readily available for an extended period and discounted to high heaven. The next Magneto we're likely to see from Hasbro is the above figure with cel shading should Hasbro continue the animated series line next year.
MCUCompletionist
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:54 am

I hope the next Magneto we get has just more oomph. It's such a simple design and there's a lot of good easy ways to make a competent Magento but idk maybe more effect parts, something like a metal beam or like the swirl effects that Revoltech and Mafex added. Really load up the next one and make it as definitive as possible.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:13 am

Blingoman wrote:
JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:41 pm
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:36 pm
So when do we start asking for a new Bobby Drake in the blue n white Jim Lee uniform?
I've been wanting it for a while. Make it a 2 pk, I don't care, so long as Iceman is done well. That said, I think the RYV Peter Parker head would make for a decent depowered Bobby.
I would like a new powered up Iceman too. I don't feel like they've ever managed to nail the paint. The Retro one is okay but seems to be missing something that I can't quite put my finger on.
The retro card Iceman is one of the worst figures in the line, as far as I'm concerned. I'll gladly take the blue and white depowered Bobby, but a proper redo of late 80s/early 90s powered up Iceman with some actual ice effects is one of my most highly-desired figures for this line (and Mafex, for that matter)

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:15 am

WUT? That was the best Ice Man we've gotten from Hasbro so far...
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:36 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:Green Phoenix is definitely on their radar.
I would love for the next Phoenix to have her thigh-high boots to actually have a sculpted edge and differentiation from the upper leg stocking. Figures always have the separation just by paint. Sculpt her damn boot tops. They could have then reused it for green Phoenix and Warbird too. But based on Dark Phoenix…here we go again.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:24 am

That retro Iceman is bad. He has a poor head sculpt and no open hands. He's a very strange color. I see what they were going for, but it just did not work. The Marvel Legends series 8 Iceman is closest to what I'm after.

The retro figure is also the only figure in my display that has continually fallen over since I set it up two months ago.

Ash Talon wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:36 am
TheSameIdiot wrote:Green Phoenix is definitely on their radar.
I would love for the next Phoenix to have her thigh-high boots to actually have a sculpted edge and differentiation from the upper leg stocking. Figures always have the separation just by paint. Sculpt her damn boot tops. They could have then reused it for green Phoenix and Warbird too. But based on Dark Phoenix…here we go again.

No chance. I hope I'm wrong!
Bleuboia
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:59 am

If Hasbro wanted to use less plastic, they should start with not making things like that lame excuse of Iceman's board.
They already stopped making BAF lines to save plastic people throw away. I know they're still making some, but it's reduced with them just releasing BAFs as deluxe figures like Knull and Mojo and making retro lines, or rather "non-BAF" lines.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:17 pm

Bleuboia wrote:If Hasbro wanted to use less plastic, they should start with not making things like that lame excuse of Iceman's board.
They already stopped making BAF lines to save plastic people throw away. I know they're still making some, but it's reduced with them just releasing BAFs as deluxe figures like Knull and Mojo and making retro lines, or rather "non-BAF" lines.
But we're paying even more for them without the BaF part. So they're pricing out is suspect.

I like the retro Iceman. You must've got a dud or something cause mine has no problem standing and he looks really good imo.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:16 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Bleuboia wrote:If Hasbro wanted to use less plastic, they should start with not making things like that lame excuse of Iceman's board.
But we're paying even more for them without the BaF part. So they're pricing out is suspect.

I like the retro Iceman. You must've got a dud or something cause mine has no problem standing and he looks really good imo.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. That figure looks nothing like Iceman.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:21 am

The Retro Iceman was one of the worse Iceman figures ever made until Hasbro made The new Amazing friends one.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:36 am

So you think Ice Man has never had a good 6 inch figure?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”