2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1533
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:43 pm

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:55 am

I am stoked for these X-Men figures!! This'll be a fun year of buying!

Honestly though, I thought we'd get an AOA 2 pack or single release sprinkled in here or there..
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:22 pm

If Stryfe is in that rumored 5 pack, does that make the Giant Size Cyclops and Dark Phoenix the most expensive non-BAF figures on the secondary market?

They seem to try and give people opportunities to get the really rare and expensive figures/characters. I am going to be shocked and disappointed if they don't update or, at the very least, re-issue those figures for the 60th anniversary.

I'm happy for those who are getting the modern figures they want, but not much love for the original five or other classic X-Men versions on the 60th anniversary is perplexing. Especially considering how much of the Spider-Man offerings this year focused on classic takes on the character.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

User avatar
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The Black Lagoon (Houston, TX)
Posts: 4091
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:11 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:22 pm
If Stryfe is in that rumored 5 pack, does that make the Giant Size Cyclops and Dark Phoenix the most expensive non-BAF figures on the secondary market?

They seem to try and give people opportunities to get the really rare and expensive figures/characters. I am going to be shocked and disappointed if they don't update or, at the very least, re-issue those figures for the 60th anniversary.

I'm happy for those who are getting the modern figures they want, but not much love for the original five or other classic X-Men versions on the 60th anniversary is perplexing. Especially considering how much of the Spider-Man offerings this year focused on classic takes on the character.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Agree wholeheartedly. I never once saw the Cyclops/Dark Phoenix set at my TrU, and I cannot believe they haven't already reissued them! I have a fairly complete Lee era 90's X-Men display, but the fact we haven't gotten more from the classic Claremont run is rather baffling.
User avatar
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Picking Up New Cartridges
Posts: 4267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:52 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:42 pm

A Dark Phoenix & Jim Lee Cyclops on updated bucks would be most welcome.

Even regular Phoenix is in dire need a redo.
User avatar
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Slixta wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:56 am
effigy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:55 am
Slixta wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:28 am
I wonder if we'll see Banshee next year.
Well he apparently will come in his training uniform. And his classic costume is just a repaint so I would say he is a lock to come soon. There is a LOT in that list, so he may not come until 2024.
Booo training costumes.

I hope that Psylocke head looks more like her Jim Lee appearance.
Right? And I hope it fits her training suit body.

Nice revelas! Super excited for the training uniform sets, Outback Rogue, Blob, Corsair and Vertigo!!!

Now I really want Outback Colossus, Storm and Psylocke to be in a 3-pack together!

The Corsair reveal makes me worried we'll not see the rest of the Starjammers anytime soon since the 3 of them alone would not sell well I'm afraid.
User avatar
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seattle
Posts: 20373
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:49 pm

Slixta wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:42 pm
A Dark Phoenix & Jim Lee Cyclops on updated bucks would be most welcome.

Even regular Phoenix is in dire need a redo.

Yep. Let's get a Phoenix on the Shriek body. Hell, let's get green, red, and white Phoenix on the Shriek body.
User avatar
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Picking Up New Cartridges
Posts: 4267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:52 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:18 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:49 pm
Slixta wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:42 pm
A Dark Phoenix & Jim Lee Cyclops on updated bucks would be most welcome.

Even regular Phoenix is in dire need a redo.

Yep. Let's get a Phoenix on the Shriek body. Hell, let's get green, red, and white Phoenix on the Shriek body.
I would legitimately buy a three pack.
TonyFrye
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:10 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:18 am

We need a classic Angel. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Picking Up New Cartridges
Posts: 4267
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:52 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:19 am

MentalManipulator wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:49 pm
Slixta wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:56 am
effigy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:55 am


Well he apparently will come in his training uniform. And his classic costume is just a repaint so I would say he is a lock to come soon. There is a LOT in that list, so he may not come until 2024.
Booo training costumes.

I hope that Psylocke head looks more like her Jim Lee appearance.
Right? And I hope it fits her training suit body.

Nice revelas! Super excited for the training uniform sets, Outback Rogue, Blob, Corsair and Vertigo!!!

Now I really want Outback Colossus, Storm and Psylocke to be in a 3-pack together!

The Corsair reveal makes me worried we'll not see the rest of the Starjammers anytime soon since the 3 of them alone would not sell well I'm afraid.
They'd sell better than the Heralds of Galactus set, that's for sure
User avatar
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:45 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:56 am

Just my luck that Stryfe finally comes back and it's in an expensive 5 pack with four figures I have no use for.

So much for making him "affordable" to those of us that missed him.
User avatar
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}
Posts: 10188
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:12 pm

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:59 am

What if Stryfe was actually Talos?
Parintachin73
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:34 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:49 pm
Slixta wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:42 pm
A Dark Phoenix & Jim Lee Cyclops on updated bucks would be most welcome.

Even regular Phoenix is in dire need a redo.

Yep. Let's get a Phoenix on the Shriek body. Hell, let's get green, red, and white Phoenix on the Shriek body.
Amen. Although what I’d prefer is a green/dark Jean and a Rachel Phoenix set.
User avatar
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bean town...
Posts: 7340
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:13 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:59 pm

os189 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:56 am
Just my luck that Stryfe finally comes back and it's in an expensive 5 pack with four figures I have no use for.

So much for making him "affordable" to those of us that missed him.
I imagine I won't be alone in unloading Stryfe when this set comes out; I don't need two, and since I have the first release, one way or another, I'll be getting rid of one.
User avatar
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Anytown, USA
Posts: 7257
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:57 pm

Samael13 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:59 pm
os189 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:56 am
Just my luck that Stryfe finally comes back and it's in an expensive 5 pack with four figures I have no use for.

So much for making him "affordable" to those of us that missed him.
I imagine I won't be alone in unloading Stryfe when this set comes out; I don't need two, and since I have the first release, one way or another, I'll be getting rid of one.
I'll take him!
User avatar
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:55 am

Re: 2023 - X-Men 60th Anniversary

Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:00 pm

I hope they don't use the same paint they used on 80th Colossus for Stryfe.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”