2023 - Avengers 60th Anniversary

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2023 - Avengers 60th Anniversary

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:29 am

Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:29 pm
I wonder if they're finally going to develop a more articulated female body with the Black Widow figure? Otherwise I fail to see why they would specify it as being super poseable.

All the female bodies need at this point is ab crunch, and butterfly joints.

I'd like some sort of lower leg swivel, too. My preference is ball-jointed ankles, but I'd take a boot swivel.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:59 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:34 pm
Lots of fun stuff in here:

Black Knight/Sersi 2-Pack - 4th QTR
Black Widow (Super-Poseable) - Target 4th QTR
Bucky Cap - Walmart 4th QTR
Hawkeye w/Skycycle - 4th QTR
Hulk/Banner 2-Pack - 4th QTR
Iron Man MK1 - 4th QTR
Captain Marvel (Rambeau)/Dr Doom 2-Pack - 4th QTR
Skrull Queen/Super Skrull 2-Pack
Super Adaptoid (12") - Fan Channel 4th QTR
Thor/Destroyer 2-Pack - 4th QTR

Love Thor/Destroyer, Bucky Cap, Hawkeye, and Hulk/Banner in particular.
Lotta stuff going on here that I like. I'd assumed long ago we were getting some sort of new Black Knight using the last one but with a new jacket piece, so kinda surprised it took us this long. People have been asking for a comic Banner for a while so that'd also be welcome. While I already got my preferred Monica Rambeau look, the 80s version would be a nice compliment too.

And holy **** yes! Super-Adaptoid! Finally!
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:20 pm

If the rumors are true...
-Super thrilled we may be getting a dedicated Avengers wave and Anniversary offerings.
-Beyond ecstatic we may finally be getting 1st appearance (Secret Wars) Monica and Safari Jacket Simon.
-Maybe 1st appearance regular size Wasp and some version of Hank Pym aren't too far behind or just weren't on the leaked list. Jan did name the group, after all and should get some sort of Anniversary offering.
-Hawkeye and the skycycle, Molecule Man and Super-Adaptoid - oh hell yes!
-If Sersi, Yelena and Monica are accurate, that's really good news that the "comic vs. film IP confusion" embargo didn't affect these comic versions, and maybe that's a turnaround in that "policy". Comic Gorr and now these three could be perfect examples of this switch, which could lead to finally getting comic versions of Mantis, Skurge, M'Baku, Yondu, America Chavez, Baron Mordo, Attuma and others. This could also lead to a trend of getting the MCU versions and the comic versions in a shorter time span, which could be great news for Avengers-related characters like Starfox and Titania and non-Avengers like Clea and Pip the Troll.
-I just wish we were getting at least one more never-been-made-before Avenger besides Sersi. There are just too many other classic Avengers that have been waiting in the wings for 20 years.
Haljor
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Thrilled about Monica Rambeau 1st app. Captain Marvel. I would love it if Hasbro would also release her again as a clear yellow figure with little sparkles inside to mimic her light powers. Two Monica's, one sculpt.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:33 pm

Haljor wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:26 pm
Thrilled about Monica Rambeau 1st app. Captain Marvel. I would love it if Hasbro would also release her again as a clear yellow figure with little sparkles inside to mimic her light powers. Two Monica's, one sculpt.
I was thinking this would be the best way to show her powers off after the lists leaked yesterday. They could put her on a Fan Channel Marvel Superheroes Retro card; that would work really well and help make some money back on the newly tooled parts for her.
fletch137
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:38 am

I already have a decent Hawkeye on my shelf, but if this one's even slightly better and comes with the skycycle from his first mini-series, I'd bite.

Likewise, I've a great Thor on my shelf now, and I don't know if a Destroyer is enough to make me want a second. *Maybe* if it came with the spinny hammer effect and a bearded Simonson head I could be convinced.

If the Super Skrull is Kl'lrt (even if it's a re-release of the BAF) I'd be down, and maybe come away with a spare female Skrull head for a future Lyja.

Finally, I'm on the fence about Monica (and have a Dr. Doom), but she was a core Avenger in the time frame my display's set and I wouldn't hate a more 80s-accurate Doom. I'm really cuirous, though, to see how they approach her sleeve wing things. I suspect they'll be attached cloth like Siryn's wingsuit (rather than plug-in plastic like Spidy's pit-webs).
Monkey Joe
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm

No mention of a comic Starfox before the inevitable MCU one?
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:31 pm

Holy Cow... the mother-lode of wanted figures.

Black Knight / Sersi 2-pack is much wanted. I do hope they do Sersi without her Epting era bomber jacket. Although Ironically, I wouldn't mind if Black Kinght had his, since we have a pretty good Black Knight figure already. But Sersi is overdue. Frankly, I want two Sersis - classic green costume and Avengers Black/Red costume. Intrigued to see which one is coming
New Hawkeye and Skycycle - hooray. Awesome. Although, kind of wish they had gone the 2-pack route and thrown in a classic costume Mockingbird instead of the vehicle.
Hulk & Bruce Banner 2-pack is fun. Not desperate for another Hulk, but been needing a good Bruce Banner forever.
Captain Marvel (Monica) / Dr. Doom 2-pack - super excited to finally get a classic Monica Captain Marvel figure. Dr. Doom could be interesting if they do the Secret Wars armor look with an unmasked head.
Super Adaptoid - now the list is straying into crazy town. I'm happy to go there, but I'm shocked we'd get to SA for this line.
Skrulls - yep. Always down for more Skrulls.
Thor/Destroyer pack. I'm intrigued. The Marvel Select Destroyer stands in well. Curious to see what version of Thor they use.

And then the wave. Yelena Black Widow, Extremis Iron Man, Ultimate Cap and Baron Strucker are all Toy Biz figures I won't be sad to replace. The Orb is a crazy choice and one that will be a ton of fun to add. Molecule Man is amazing - only thing that might have been better would be packing her with Volcana - but at least he's coming. Still the best announcement of all of these is finally Safari Jacket Wonder-Man. Truly a glorious day.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”