Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Re: Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:53 pm

WTHIOTina wrote: My guess is next year would be Fin Fang Foom
If so
What tiers would you want to see 'unlocked?'
BILLIUM wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:56 am
Iron Man would make for a cool Haslab; with his 60th anniversary coming next year, he'd make for a great theme. Something like...

Fin Fang Foom vs Iron Man (with interchangeable gauntlets and boots)

Early Bird Figure:
Tony Stark (business suit) with briefcase (from Stilt-Man); 70s, Mullet, and modern heads

Tier 1: Mandarin (soft goods robe)

Tier 2: Justin Hammer

Tier 3: Hulkbuster Iron Man

Tier 4: Alternate 90's/Animated Fin Fang Foom head

Retro Packaging (longshot, I know, but still...):
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Fin Fang Foom will 1000% eventually be done as a Haslab.

Dwight is on record saying it's a figure he is excited about getting a shot at.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:18 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:49 pm
H-bird wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:55 pm
I think the Punisher van is dead in the water if the Charger doesn't fund. No way they're getting approval to try a different, less visually interesting vehicle if the Charger fails when they have the option to do another giant character which has been a massive success twice over.
The Hellcharger will fund; it's just a matter of will it reach all of its other tiers?

I think price would pay a big factor, as would whatever they decide to offer with the Punisher Van before tier levels are added. Instead of all the alternate Hellcharger parts (which, of course, wouldn't be needed here), I think a multitude of weapons and an extra figure would help fund this thing.

I'm not sure what the other tiers would be, but I'd be lying if I said the Russian with Ma Gnucci, Microchip, Barracuda, Bushwacker, and Frankencastle wouldn't cause me to plunk my cash down asap on this kind of thing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do think the Hellcharger will go the distance, and I would *love* a Punisher van Haslab fully decked out with weapons and character tiers! Micro is a lock, and you listed a bunch of the most important villains. Ma Gnucci and Barracuda seem very unlikely to ever see retail; same with the fully endowed Russian, though I'd certainly prefer him pre-enhancement. I'd also throw Rachel Cole-Alves, Lynn Michaels, Finn Cooley, and the Mennonite into the mix as options.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:34 pm

H-bird wrote:
BILLIUM wrote:
H-bird wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:55 pm
I think the Punisher van is dead in the water if the Charger doesn't fund. No way they're getting approval to try a different, less visually interesting vehicle if the Charger fails when they have the option to do another giant character which has been a massive success twice over.
The Hellcharger will fund; it's just a matter of will it reach all of its other tiers?

I think price would pay a big factor, as would whatever they decide to offer with the Punisher Van before tier levels are added. Instead of all the alternate Hellcharger parts (which, of course, wouldn't be needed here), I think a multitude of weapons and an extra figure would help fund this thing.

I'm not sure what the other tiers would be, but I'd be lying if I said the Russian with Ma Gnucci, Microchip, Barracuda, Bushwacker, and Frankencastle wouldn't cause me to plunk my cash down asap on this kind of thing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do think the Hellcharger will go the distance, and I would *love* a Punisher van Haslab fully decked out with weapons and character tiers! Micro is a lock, and you listed a bunch of the most important villains. Ma Gnucci and Barracuda seem very unlikely to ever see retail; same with the fully endowed Russian, though I'd certainly prefer him pre-enhancement. I'd also throw Rachel Cole-Alves, Lynn Michaels, Finn Cooley, and the Mennonite into the mix as options.
Payback would be cool, too! As for Lynn and Rachel, I wonder if they would get separate bodies or if Hasbro would just consider a head swap good enough.

As for the Russian, yeah, I'd want him pre-enhancement, too. Him and Barracuda could possibly share some parts, too.
aiborgatel
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:37 pm

IMHO a Haslab project could even be anything not so expensive and massive as a vehicle or a giant figure.

Hasbro could give us the chance to get "deluxe version" editions with a big box with unique bodyparts sculpt, a lot of alternative heads and hands and mini-dioramas.

I'm thinking about the Jazwares Ultimate line: they are amazing and clearly meant to adult collectors.

I'd be tottally in if Hasbro opted to a similar treatment to characters such as Spiral, comic version Gamora or Phoenix Force jean.

Also..Hasbro could release via Pulse collector-oriented versions of C and D characters without opting for a great reuse of parts .

Certain Emma Frost and Satanna costumes could be part of this hyotetical line (If u know wat I mean)
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:39 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
H-bird wrote:
BILLIUM wrote:

Payback would be cool, too! As for Lynn and Rachel, I wonder if they would get separate bodies or if Hasbro would just consider a head swap good enough.

As for the Russian, yeah, I'd want him pre-enhancement, too. Him and Barracuda could possibly share some parts, too.
I’d be totally fine with a shared body for Lynn and Rachel as a retail release but not in a Haslab!
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:46 pm

H-bird wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:39 pm
BILLIUM wrote:
H-bird wrote:

I’d be totally fine with a shared body for Lynn and Rachel as a retail release but not in a Haslab!
I know what you mean, Haslabs need to go the distance with their offerings. I'd fully expect them to share a body if they were released at retail, though, just like you said. Lynn could probably use the Sylvie legs, while Lynn could use the Shriek body as a base. So, at least some of the work is already done for them.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:40 pm

If exclusive Iron Man armors get locked behind a HasLab, I don't think it would over well with most collectors. His figures almost always sell at retail unless it's a hackjob like Gamerverse or just IM but translucent.
Dek
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:48 pm

I hope they do a carrying case in the shape of Iron-Man's head, with only one tier that's a six-inch Giant Man figure.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:44 am

A Giganto project would be cool. Tiers could include a Mole Man, and Subterraneans
Ikariniku
HULK SMASH!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:57 am

"HasLab

Our crowdfunding platform that hopes to bring dream products into the hands of fans."

--HasLab front page

Any HasLab project lives or dies by how well it adheres to this ideal. It must be a dream come true for the consumer.

Anything that punctures that dream brings it crashing down to reality.

The Rancor killed the dream with a bad campaign that lacked the grail items collectors expected in such a package.

The Engine of Vengeance killed the dream with its seemingly gouging price creating an impression of poor value.

Meanwhile, the Hiss Tank, Sentinel, and Galactus crushed expectations and succeeded on the backs of thousands of consumers who believed in the dream. No critical YouTube influencer, no appeal to value, no complaints about Hasbro using crowdfunding could derail these products.

Thus, HasLabs will continue to fail and succeed into the future, depending on if they can maintain the dream of the collector consumer base and avoid turning it into a nightmare.

As for projects, I say they should make a Red Ronin figure. Big Figs sell, and Marvel's own giant mecha is a dream maybe only HasLab can bring to life.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:17 am

They should really consider payment plans going forward like shoppay or paypal's pay by four.

I think that'd help a lot of these projects back and may even help them put out more expensive projects too.

As far as things I'd love to see but aren't likely...

1. The X-Mansion
It's really not as crazy as it seems, most of it would be panels. Later the could add Cerebro, Danger Room, and Lab X-pansions.

2. The Quinjet (MCU)
If they had offered this instead of the Hellcharger I wouldn't have batted an eye.

3. The Blackbird
This is probably the most unlikely. Just because of the size it'd easily be the most expensive HasLab ever, but exactly why they'd need payment plans.
Spocks_Goatee
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:36 pm

Yes! The automatic payment is the biggest reason I had to pass on the Proton Pack even though I needed it badly.
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:06 am

Slixta wrote:
They should really consider payment plans going forward like shoppay or paypal's pay by four.

I think that'd help a lot of these projects back and may even help them put out more expensive projects too.

1. The X-Mansion
It's really not as crazy as it seems, most of it would be panels. Later the could add Cerebro, Danger Room, and Lab X-pansions.

2. The Quinjet (MCU)
If they had offered this instead of the Hellcharger I wouldn't have batted an eye.

3. The Blackbird
This is probably the most unlikely. Just because of the size it'd easily be the most expensive HasLab ever, but exactly why they'd need payment plans.

This is why they need a ML 3.75 in(1/18th) scale line similar to how Star Wars has TVC.

3.75 in(1/18th) is really as large as you can feasibly get for vehicles and playsets and would be the perfect scale for a Quinjet or Blackbird.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:18 am

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:06 am
Slixta wrote:

1. The X-Mansion

2. The Quinjet (MCU)

3. The Blackbird

This is why they need a ML 3.75 in(1/18th) scale line similar to how Star Wars has TVC.

3.75 in(1/18th) is really as large as you can feasibly get for vehicles and playsets and would be the perfect scale for a Quinjet or Blackbird.
I don't think I'll ever buy into 3.75 again though.

Figures at that scale have come a long way, but they never look that good to me.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”