Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
thewyldman
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:07 pm

Thanos Copter
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:52 pm

I agree on resting the big $400plus figures. Giant Man would be cool, but Surtur size works. Fin Fang Foom would be sweet, but how about waiting another year in between us getting his for Sentinel (which was an army builder) and Galactus?

Get me an Imperial Guard set with 10 figures.

Or do a cosmic set with the Starjammers, D'Ken, Deathbird, and Lilandra. Make everyone buy it by including a Dark Phoenix with sweet Phoenix bird effect and 3 Brood.

Get me Cameron Hodge, throw in a bald mutate Storm, give us some Phalanx characters. Heck add Banshee to make EVERYONE buy it (and lose their minds).
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:10 am

With all of the 60th Anniversaries hitting in 2023, a Haslab offered this year for delivery next year celebrating any of them is totally plausible, whether as a character, vehicle, playset, etc.:
X-Men
Magneto
Avengers
Iron Man
Pym as Giant-Man
Wasp
Dr. Strange
Doc Ock/Sandman/Lizard
renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:48 am

Beamish wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:10 am
With all of the 60th Anniversaries hitting in 2023, a Haslab offered this year for delivery next year celebrating any of them is totally plausible, whether as a character, vehicle, playset, etc.:
X-Men
Magneto
Avengers
Iron Man
Pym as Giant-Man
Wasp
Dr. Strange
Doc Ock/Sandman/Lizard
That seems likely, given that they've tied the previous HasLabs to single carded releases (the HoX/PoX wave, Firelord, etc). So doing a HasLab that will coincide with figures coming next year makes sense.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:22 am

I’m in agreement that I don’t need a Haslab Giant-Man. There’s no way that subsequent big growing guys get made at that scale so Pym will just tower over them! I’d much rather see Surtur style deluxe releases for Pym as Giant-Man/Goliath, Stature, Atlas/MoE Goliath, Bill Foster, Raz Malhotra, etc.

Foom is the obvious next big guy but I’m happy for something different. Robbie with Hellcharger would be a dream come true, but I can’t help but feel it wouldn’t move as much as a decked out Punisher van - not something I’m dying for, but definitely something I’d buy. You can imagine the fun they could have with those tiers - unlockable armory with gun racks, any number of figures that might not make it to retail (Micro, Barracuda, the Russian, Bushwacker). Hard to deny the potential.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:24 am

I just don't want to see giant man or apocalypse, something I personally could skip and then they pull the tier crap by adding something that's necessary but only available through the haslab.

Really wouldn't mind seeing them do some prop replica.

If they did the Robbie Reyes ghost rider that'd be hard to resist.
Nate_Grey518
Super Poseable

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:29 am

Imperial Guard

Titan : 29 inches

Tier 1
Oracle and Fang
Tier 2
Electron and Astra
Tier 3
Neutron and Manta
Tier 4
D'ken and Lilandra

Also that year they can do

1.Warstar (Deluxe)
2.Smasher (Avengers wave)
3.Deathbird (X-Men wave)
4.Adam X (Deadpool wave)
5.Kid Gladiator (X-Men wave)
6.Marvel Girl & Korvus with the Phoenix Blade (2pack
7.Starjammers (Box set)
8.Zzzxx (Venom wave)
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:43 pm

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Imperial Guard

Tier 1
Oracle and Fang
Tier 2
Electron and Astra
Tier 3
Neutron and Manta
Tier 4
D'ken and Lilandra

1.Warstar (Deluxe)
3.Deathbird (X-Men wave)
4.Adam X (Deadpool wave)
7.Starjammers (Box set)
8.Zzzxx (Venom wave)
I'm ready to pledge!
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:01 pm

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Imperial Guard

Tier 1
Oracle and Fang
Tier 2
Electron and Astra
Tier 3
Neutron and Manta
Tier 4
D'ken and Lilandra

1.Warstar (Deluxe)
3.Deathbird (X-Men wave)
4.Adam X (Deadpool wave)
7.Starjammers (Box set)
8.Zzzxx (Venom wave)

GIVE ME ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although if they were to do this set there is no way Titan would be 29", he would be 12" at most.

I think if they stick with large figures I would want Fin Fang Foom. With Apocalypse coming out on a Retro card I can't see them doing a Haslab at the same time, it would make the retro version kind of pointless for most collectors.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 pm

I'd love a proper Spider-mobile, though it probably wouldn't be nearly expensive enough to justify being under the Haslab banner.

Box sets of figures doesn't seem like a good use of this production arm, though I struggle to think of what else I might actually buy from another Marvel Haslab. The Sentinel was wildly disappointing for me; mainly due to my copy having non-working electronics and Hasbro refusing to replace. Galactus, though I also backed it, is not really what I envision when I think of the character, especially that wasted Doom head. The design they went with is too greebly for my taste, and the proportions are just off, particularly the head. But fomo can be a helluva thing ...

It would never happen in Current Day but a fully stocked Punisher van could be great.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:16 pm

I want a oversized Watcher (can be a little smaller than Galactus) with a bathtub Fantasticar.
Nate_Grey518
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:13 am

H-bird wrote:
I’m in agreement that I don’t need a Haslab Giant-Man. There’s no way that subsequent big growing guys get made at that scale so Pym will just tower over them! I’d much rather see Surtur style deluxe releases for Pym as Giant-Man/Goliath, Stature, Atlas/MoE Goliath, Bill Foster, Raz Malhotra, etc.

Foom is the obvious next big guy but I’m happy for something different. Robbie with Hellcharger would be a dream come true, but I can’t help but feel it wouldn’t move as much as a decked out Punisher van - not something I’m dying for, but definitely something I’d buy. You can imagine the fun they could have with those tiers - unlockable armory with gun racks, any number of figures that might not make it to retail (Micro, Barracuda, the Russian, Bushwacker). Hard to deny the potential.
My question is if your willing to pay close $300
I don't think we'll ever get a Haslab under $250
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:50 am

Nate_Grey518 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:13 am
H-bird wrote:

My question is if your willing to pay close $300
I don't think we'll ever get a Haslab under $250

For a Punisher van? Fully decked out, with some good tiers that included a couple of villains and supporting characters, and an armory? Almost definitely. I think the H.I.S.S. has really set a high bar for how it would need to be executed though - it's a pretty big vehicle, it's got a ton of cool features and extras, and it's coming in at $300. A Punisher van at the same price point would need to be pretty impressive to look like an equal value to that bad boy.

The Hellcharger might be harder to justify at $300. I know I would definitely get it because it's such a big want, but not sure it would fund at that price. It would need to be a lower price point, OR it would need to be some sort of deluxe Ghost Riders set that included multiple GRs with their rides - Dan Ketch, Robbie Reyes, and Kushala, for example.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:21 pm

I would love to see a 12 figure box set of either X-men, Avengers, or villains. Throw in some BAF size characters, maybe about 3, and we’re good.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:58 pm

So I watched the round table for the GI Joe HISS Tank Haslab and there was an interesting bit of information that I wish someone had followed up on, and will have some (minor) implications going forward for all Haslab projects.

According to the Joe team (Emily/Lenny) the Hiss was done by the Haslab team and not the Joe team. The Joe team was obviously involved, but the majority of the work was done by the Haslab team. Then they mentioned that the Haslab team would be taking the lead on all future Haslab projects going forward.

So to me that was a bit of a shock as I thought that the different brand teams were responsible for the Haslabs they did. That leads to my wish that someone had followed up about what those comments meant exactly. Was it just for Joe Haslabs? How big is the Haslab team if they have their own designers? How much input does the brand team get in regards to the projects? Do they get final say, or does the Haslab team get final say?

What does that mean for ML going forward? Is this the last Haslab done by the ML team, or will the next one be done by the Haslab team?

Also with the debacle of the Reva Lightsaber, how much input comes from Disney/Marvel? Do they care if it is a comic Haslab versus a MCU Haslab?

If anyone knows I would love to hear what they know. Or with the inevitable upcoming ML Haslab, maybe someone can ask the ML team some of these questions.

As for price I am pretty sure whatever we get it will be no cheaper than $300, maybe $350.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”