Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Thought's on the future of Haslab projects?

Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:26 pm

I'm not sure of the Haslab rules, but would anything prevent Hasbro from rereleasing Sentinel with different color deco? They could make one colored the X-Men:TAS or even a red and yellow Mastermold. Would that violate their rules or is that a way to skirt around them?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:37 pm

WTHIOTina wrote:
I'm not sure of the Haslab rules, but would anything prevent Hasbro from rereleasing Sentinel with different color deco? They could make one colored the X-Men:TAS or even a red and yellow Mastermold. Would that violate their rules or is that a way to skirt around them?
no one knows... its possible they revisit someday.. but only thing we can say, is it won't be any time soon.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:41 pm

Samael13 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:43 pm
The only sentinels I think I'd be interested in, at this point, would be something like the classic Mk II style sentinels; ~15-18", no shoulder pads, more or less just looking like super tall men in purple and fuchsia outfits, or the X-Men the Arcade Game style, human sized sentinels.

This is exactly what I'd want. Maybe even a hair shorter so they could comfortably fit in a detolf.
toydollz
HULK SMASH!

Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:11 pm

I'm in for multi-figure box sets ala LOSH. Gimme a decades project: 60s, 70s, etc. If we're talking $25/fig, that's 16 in a $400 box. 20 with 4 tiers. First appearances, milestones, team-ups.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:18 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
WTHIOTina wrote:
no one knows... its possible they revisit someday.. but only thing we can say, is it won't be any time soon.
I'm not convinced any of the other suggestions are more viable. So I'm of the opinion that another Sentinel is probably their safest bet
Nate_Grey518
Super Poseable

Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:58 pm

Awesome Android and the Mad Thinker

Tier 1 - Machinesmith
Tier 2 - Dragon Man
Tier 3 - Super Adaptoid
Tier 4 - Rom the Space Knight
(If they can get the rights)
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:39 pm

Hasbro just revealed the GI Joe Classified 6" HISS Tank HasLab, will we be seeing the Legends HasLab at the next livestream? I know Dan said the Legends team doesn't have a stream setup for June but that they would see us in July.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:57 pm

I’m pretty much done with marvel legends haslabs. Sentinel and galactus were both obvious choices but that’s why they worked for me and tons of other people. I don’t go too deep into the weeds on marvel characters.

There’s really nothing haslab could show me on the big figure front that would motivate me. I gotta imagine that collectors like me are taken into account on deciding on another big figure. Obvious wide spread appeal.

The big stuff I’d want would so impractical and not wide appealing enough to get made. Some sort of x-mansion for instance.

Outside of that, I’d be interested in figure sets but those aren’t going to be a haslab.
SDcomics
Smilies are my weapon of choice

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:17 pm

sepster wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:39 pm
I know Dan said the Legends team doesn't have a stream setup for June but that they would see us in July.
Comic Con starts on the evening of July 20th.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm

I really hope it's not a necessity this time... do the quin jet... or do MCU Giant Man... or like MCU black widows gauntlets.... or Training stuit X-men box set...

Just don't do me dirty and give me a $300 Cameron Hodge, or a Young Avengers Box set... Shuma-Gorath, or Fing Fang foom... give the giant expensive figures a breather.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:35 pm

With the Joe team going with a vehicle, I could see the Hell Charger. Still hoping for Mangog.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:56 pm

A vehicle makes sense and would justify a purchase.

If it's a some super deluxe role play thing it will be nice to skip a huge expense this Summer.
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:23 pm

These guys are the safe bets...

They've done Sentinel and Galactus... and Diamond Select is doing a 7in scale Apocalypse... so that leaves comic Giant Man

If Vegas had betting odds on Marvel Legends Haslabs

Comic Giant man would probably 1:1 or +100

Fin Fang Foom would probably be next at 2:1 or +200
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm

I'm fine if they do comic Giant Man and assorted giant people as regular releases at approximately the Surtur size and pricepoint.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 pm

I’m really hoping for a sub-$200 HasLab. I think there’s a few options for bigger characters that are too obscure for retail. Cameron Hodge, Keee Supreme Intelligence, 12” scale dod Dragon Man, Mangog, or Awesome Android.

Price increases are hitting everyone. GI Joe dropping a HasLab as waves ship for both ML and Joes, and more that could be hitting any day. The “bigger is always better” HasLab model could use a breather. Outside of Foom, I think Hasbro’s already done the two mandatory big characters. A $400 HasLab isn’t something I’m dying to see this year.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”