Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 pm

I don't think it was a mistake, just surprising to me that the releases are so close to each other. Usually, the different versions releases don't overlap so much that they in fact "compete" with each other, there is a year or more gap.
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:11 am

mojo arrived from amazon about 10 hours after I ordered him. Does not disappoint, no regrets on cancelling the box set
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:20 am

I have Mojo coming tomorrow from Amazon. I was hunting 2-3 Targets daily all week to snag one, and with the number of times I'd been to each, I probably burned the $15 more I paid at Amazon in gas. I really would have preferred paying that $42, but now I don't have to worry about hunting.
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:33 am

yea I literally only go to target now when I visit my kids at school and they need stuff from there. online makes up for in expediency what it lacks in excitement
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:50 pm

My Mojo arrived via Amazon yesterday. This is one large figure. Seems even more massive than MODOK. Certainly takes up more shelf real estate. I don't think I can even get him into my display without eliminating about 10 regular sized figures, so he's not going in.

Also, he's not without paint, as many of the promo shots appear. He's certainly a very pale yellow. But there's some shading under the bosoms and other places.

The belly is made from a softer, hollow plastic, under which there's some hard plastic structure. The belly got a little pinched/stabbed by another piece inside the package, which left a little dimple.

His arms are so long, and his hands are built with the full intention of gripping regular sized figures. The six mech legs (and two arms) each have three swivel hinge joints, destroying the model of the Toy Biz version.

The swappable likenesses are fun, but I think I prefer the one without the tongue sticking out.

While I would have preferred to pay 41.99, I don't hate that I paid 55.99, as it saves me the fruitless hunts. I'm sure it'll hit discount prices like MODOK did though, and that'll sting. But I also haven't canceled the exclusive set, because that deco looks great.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 pm

I stopped doing multiple-store Target hunts a few years ago once I realized how helpful half of their employees are on the phone. They will almost always look up a DPCI, and half of them will place figures on hold at customer service for you. These days I only ever make one trip to one Target that's already holding something for me up front when I'm looking for something very specific like a Mojo.

Emphasis there on "half" of their employees are helpful. Sometimes I have to try two, three, or more stores before I find one that has the stock and the employees willing to hold them for you, but eventually I always find someone. I think the reason Target employees seem so helpful is that Target already has half a dozen or so of them dedicated to going around the store to find items to fulfill online orders for either Customer Service or drive-up pickup, so I suspect the employees who are willing to hold something for you up front are ones who like to be helpful and realize it isn't much different than the other trips around the store they already make to fulfill orders.

Haven't gone Mojo hunting on the phone yet, but I probably will later this week. I'm not worried about this guy selling out, and really I expect to get him cheap if I wait anyway since he's a niche character. MODOK went to clearance pricing at most retailers, and Mojo certainly will as well since he's really similar in terms of price, size, and desirability to MODOK.

I can't see one reason to keep my Pulse order for the set. I wonder if it's currently a race between whenever I decide to finally cancel the order versus the Pulse warehouse shipping that order so that I can't cancel it. :oops:
EraserMachine
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:55 pm

Went into my Target today and there was a tag on the shelf for Mojo for $41.99. Asked an employee regarding stock and was told it should be put on the shelf within the week. So at that price I'll keep checking. Haven't hunted like this in a while.
Mister Voorhees
CROM!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:03 pm

Finally cancelled my deluxe set pre-order. Dazzler was the only reason why I was hanging on to it but the jacketed retro one will suffice, I'll probably pick up deluxe set Dazzler on eBay someday.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Thinking out loud here. For Dazzler, I prefer the Retro card. The Arcade Game is my biggest exposure to her, and that's the look she had there. I don't care that she has less articulation than the deluxe set one. I want her with the shorter hair and the jacket. And the Retro figure is still cheap to get.

For Longshot, I like the hair better on the Deluxe version with the shading. The straps look to be painted better too. But I do like the yellow star more than the white star, and I like the star over his eye better on the single release. And I can always add a wash to the hair myself it it bugs me too much in person. So I prefer the single release there as well.

For Mojo, I do like the deluxe better. But if I never saw that one and they only revealed the single release, I would have been perfectly happy with it. So I'm just gonna go with the single releases.
I'm gonna hit up a few Targets this weekend and see if I can find a Mojo.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:20 am

Cancelled mine to fwiw. I want the set, but with Hasbro shooting themselves in the foot, I can hold out that the set goes on sale at some point.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:43 am

Handsome wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:30 pm
For Longshot, I like the hair better on the Deluxe version with the shading. The straps look to be painted better too. But I do like the yellow star more than the white star, and I like the star over his eye better on the single release. And I can always add a wash to the hair myself it it bugs me too much in person. So I prefer the single release there as well.
See, for me I like the Longshot with two blue eyes, mostly because his eye just flashes as far as I've known when his luck comes into play, it doesn't stay yellow like Cable's cybernetic eye. So the idea of me paying $132 for a head that I prefer better on Longshot is ludicrous, but I find myself preferring it, even though I like the retro bodysuit with the yellow star emblem better. I'm aware that this was likely all done on purpose.

As for Mojo, I don't much care anymore, it's pretty similar in that the single release looks more 80s coloring, whereas the deluxe looks more 90s and beyond coloring. I'm tempted just to wait it out and see if Mojo discounts further like Modok, then I can really appreciate the figure because I paid so little for it. I've also heard he takes up a lot of space.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:05 am

I wrote the following to Hasbro Pulse and would urge you guys to do the same:

Hello,

I just want to say that whoever does pricing for your bundle items is out of touch with your value offerings. Me and some friends broke down the prices of several recent bundles:

For the Marvel Legends Mojoworld set, essentially, the unarticulated Wolverine minifigure is priced at $25 as though he's a normal figure. People are canceling bundle orders and buying Mojo, Dazzler, and Longshot individually to save money.

In the Transformers: Shattered Glass Soundwave set, it's priced as though both Laserbeak and Ravage are INDIVIDUALLY, two separate $12.99 Core Class figures even though they are smaller and sold TOGETHER for $9.99 2 years ago and were bundled as such with Walmart-exclusive Netflix Soundwave.

And your Engine of Vengeance Haslab is clearly priced around $25+ per figure for the tier unlocks even though those are supposed to be bonus and shouldn't affect the base price.

Please forward this to the relevant parties.

Thanks!
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:22 pm

Still no listing on Target.com :/
greensborohill
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:57 pm

WTHIOTina wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:22 pm
Still no listing on Target.com :/
I had to ask an associate to look up the DCPI for me. Thankfully there were no issues. I think the reason there's no listing is b/c they are in process of changing the price from $41.99 to $55. I was able to grab it at $41.99 so I'd try to check Target's asap.
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:28 pm

the NY targets are a wasteland for toys so there is never a point in hunting here.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”