Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
effigy
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:41 am

Samael13 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 am
Xavion2004 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:15 pm
This is just embarrassing for Hasbro. There must have been a communication breakdown somewhere. Serves ‘em right for trying to pull shenanigans like this. Hopefully they’ll learn something from it.
I genuinely don't understand this.
Isn't this the ideal?

Some people (me!) really like the box set. It's a cool theme, it has some fun extras, it has a kind of premium paint app, but, yes, it's a pricier as a result.
Other people prefer the single releases. They're less expensive, but they don't have the fun extras and have more basic paint apps.

People should be glad that it worked out this way, but, instead, they're calling it "shenanigans." You'd prefer that they hadn't released the single card figures until after the sdeluxe set was released and then we could listen to people complain how they'd been cheated/tricked into buying the more expensive one first?

I think you are misunderstanding his post. It appears that Hasbro tried to sell the box set and get that out and was going to offer Mojo standalone afterwards (notice how the Legends team announced the box set but not the standalone version) Those are the Shenanigans he was referring to. I’m not sure what happened, to keep that from happening. Yes, this worked out fantastically for us, but seems like it will go badly for them. They are going to be stuck with those overpriced sets for months at least until their next big sale. Which I really don’t care about, but I would imagine they will try not to let that happen next time.

Also I don’t really agree with your paint apps argument. Yes the paint on mojo in the box set is a little better, but the paint on long shot is worse than the retro version. So for me, that’s a wash. If both had the superior paint I would probably not have cancelled my set.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:54 am

And I thought the shenanigans were related to Target selling the figure at the wrong price.
Blackestday
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:05 am

shenanigans makes me think of bagpipes and leprechauns.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:30 pm

effigy wrote:
Samael13 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 am
Xavion2004 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:15 pm
This is just embarrassing for Hasbro. There must have been a communication breakdown somewhere. Serves ‘em right for trying to pull shenanigans like this. Hopefully they’ll learn something from it.
I genuinely don't understand this.
Isn't this the ideal?

Some people (me!) really like the box set. It's a cool theme, it has some fun extras, it has a kind of premium paint app, but, yes, it's a pricier as a result.
Other people prefer the single releases. They're less expensive, but they don't have the fun extras and have more basic paint apps.

People should be glad that it worked out this way, but, instead, they're calling it "shenanigans." You'd prefer that they hadn't released the single card figures until after the sdeluxe set was released and then we could listen to people complain how they'd been cheated/tricked into buying the more expensive one first?

I think you are misunderstanding his post. It appears that Hasbro tried to sell the box set and get that out and was going to offer Mojo standalone afterwards (notice how the Legends team announced the box set but not the standalone version) Those are the Shenanigans he was referring to. I’m not sure what happened, to keep that from happening. Yes, this worked out fantastically for us, but seems like it will go badly for them. They are going to be stuck with those overpriced sets for months at least until their next big sale. Which I really don’t care about, but I would imagine they will try not to let that happen next time.

Also I don’t really agree with your paint apps argument. Yes the paint on mojo in the box set is a little better, but the paint on long shot is worse than the retro version. So for me, that’s a wash. If both had the superior paint I would probably not have cancelled my set.
I ordered the Mojovision set the day it was announced and it always had a December 1st release date. And Pulse generally keeps those dates pretty firmly.

If they wanted to pull a fast one they wouldn’t have tried to release them so close together - they of all people know how hard it is to time releases. I think they just weren’t trying to screw anyone, and now we have options. Like Sam said, the best of both worlds!

I am tempted to cancel the set and wait for a sale, but Pulse seems to do like one sale every two years or so. And I bet Mojovision would go immediately once discounted! Keeping for now.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:44 pm

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the solo Mojo was leaked to the public before Hasbro intended, because Dan Yun tweeted about it only AFTER pictures leaked.

It absolutely worked out great for us, and I not only canceled the Mojovision set last night but also found solo Mojo at Target for their reasonable price. Plus, I like Longshot more with the yellow paint apps. But something tells me this was not so much Hasbro doing the right thing and transparently giving people the option right away as it was a screw up. Hope I'm wrong, and hope the samee thing happens next time, but Id be surprised if it does.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Jonan
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:38 pm

After seeing the reveal of the carded Longshot with my preferred colors, and knowing my Target had a case of Mojo in the back, I canceled my preorder for the SDCC set. Picked up Mojo for $41 yesterday and preordered Retro Longshot, so that pretty much saved me $60+ish. I certainly would've liked the Dazzler in the set, but not for an additional $60ish, and I'm not even counting that weird Wolverine X-Baby. Had they made him look like the Art Adams version, though, I still might've stuck with the boxed set.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:27 pm

Jonan wrote:
... I certainly would've liked the Dazzler in the set, but not for an additional $60ish, and I'm not even counting that weird Wolverine X-Baby. Had they made him look like the Art Adams version, though, I still might've stuck with the boxed set.
That X-baby/Funco pop is the biggest waste of plastic I have ever seen. What does that go with, unless they will make other waste of plastic slug figures like it?
eazyse7en
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 pm

This is like when they purposely withheld the contents of that Thanos/dr strange/iron man infinity saga 3 back so that people would continue buying that god awful California raisins thanos BaF wave. Scummy and exploitive, except this time their mojo set didn't release fast enough.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:15 pm

Amazingly I managed to score a Deluxe Mojo at Target this morning for $41.99.

I went to my closest Target and they had nothing on the shelf, so I found an associate with a scanner and asked if he would be so kind as to check if they had any in the back. I gave him the DCPI and he looked it up and it showed they had zero on hand. So he very kindly checked the other stores and it said the next closest Target (about 20 minutes down the road) was showing they had 3 in stock. I thanked him and headed down there. They too had nothing out on the shelf. So I went to customer service and asked if they may have them in the back. A very nice lady helped me and said she’d be right back, and few minutes later she brought me one out. As I said she was very nice and she even asked me if I wanted more than one. But I said one was fine. I was also happy to see that it rang up only $41.99.

I must say, once in a while Hasbro surprises me. This thing is extremely cool and well done. A great figure for the price. I already put him together and took some pics.

KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:21 pm

I would be very surprised if this is really the big mistake people think it is. The boxed set was announced for December from the start. The full wave with carded Longshot was shown at the beginning of October. Single-carded Mojo was appearing in stores at the end of -September-. There's zero chance Hasbro had no idea that the single Mojo was in production and would be out by October/November. And the Longshot wave was their own, clearly planned, wave announcement. So there's zero chance they didn't expect customers to know about these figures before delivery on the boxed set.

I imagine they just expect, as they often do, that people are going to double dip thanks to minor differences. Because plenty of us do it.

While it may seem like very minor differences to some.. to me those are two very different Longshot figures and I don't feel manipulated or lied to about having them both offered up at separate times any more than I feel manipulated if Hasbro offers brown costume Wolverine and then yellow costume Wolverine. They're different, and I want them both.

It took 4 years of ML to get a Longshot. It has taken another 16 years to get one from Hasbro. I am NOT mad that we're gonna get both of his main looks in short order.

Same goes for Mojo, except that I don't actually want both Mojos. I like the one with more paint better. But if I was a huge Mojo fan, I'd probably be totally fine with getting both. I wish Hasbro would hurry up and manipulate me into buying a bunch of Shatterstars.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:32 pm

Looks kind of like phlegm. For $41.99, I'm good with that.Image

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Whitlow
Customized

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Does anyone have Target’s TCIN for Mojo? The DPCI is getting me nowhere.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:11 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:21 pm
I would be very surprised if this is really the big mistake people think it is. The boxed set was announced for December from the start. The full wave with carded Longshot was shown at the beginning of October. Single-carded Mojo was appearing in stores at the end of -September-. There's zero chance Hasbro had no idea that the single Mojo was in production and would be out by October/November. And the Longshot wave was their own, clearly planned, wave announcement. So there's zero chance they didn't expect customers to know about these figures before delivery on the boxed set.

I imagine they just expect, as they often do, that people are going to double dip thanks to minor differences. Because plenty of us do it.

While it may seem like very minor differences to some.. to me those are two very different Longshot figures and I don't feel manipulated or lied to about having them both offered up at separate times any more than I feel manipulated if Hasbro offers brown costume Wolverine and then yellow costume Wolverine. They're different, and I want them both.

It took 4 years of ML to get a Longshot. It has taken another 16 years to get one from Hasbro. I am NOT mad that we're gonna get both of his main looks in short order.

Same goes for Mojo, except that I don't actually want both Mojos. I like the one with more paint better. But if I was a huge Mojo fan, I'd probably be totally fine with getting both. I wish Hasbro would hurry up and manipulate me into buying a bunch of Shatterstars.

I think people are primed to jump all over these decisions when they feel like they're being taken advantage of, so this time - where that clearly isn't what happened based on the timing of everything - they've having a hard time holstering the criticism. I'm all for giving them a hard time when they do the slightly worse initial offering, better version announced a year later game. But this feels like the best of both worlds, and everyone gets their choice of Mojos and Longshots. If they were trying to get people to double dip Mojo would be scheduled for fall 2023 and announced in the spring. Do we think someone accidentally moved his production schedule up a full year or what?

darkmoon766 wrote:
Jonan wrote:
... I certainly would've liked the Dazzler in the set, but not for an additional $60ish, and I'm not even counting that weird Wolverine X-Baby. Had they made him look like the Art Adams version, though, I still might've stuck with the boxed set.
That X-baby/Funco pop is the biggest waste of plastic I have ever seen. What does that go with, unless they will make other waste of plastic slug figures like it?

This is Wolvie from a later iteration of the Exiles. Not a hugely important character in the grand scheme, but I'm happy to be getting him to add to my general Exiles display.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 pm

Checked my Target for Mojo to no avail.
Nik
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 pm

I decided to bite the bullet and order Mojo from Amazon, even though he's 14 bucks cheaper at Target, I don't wanna hunt for him anymore. Toy hunting for something specific is a fool's errand in my area. Luckily, I had a gift card left over from my birthday so he only cost me 20-something bucks. Double luckily, he may not ship for 2-5 weeks, so if I happen to see him at Targo, I can easily cancel the Amazon one.

I just need that phlegmatic phool in my life. Especially after yesterday's pre-order-fest.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”