Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 am

Enforcer wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:52 am
Hey man - had I gone to your Target 10 years ago, I'd have left with a toy. And the experience would have pushed me up to a solid 0.002% expectation. Things have definitely gone downhill in recent years.
Yes you definitely would've, assuming I was working that day of course. I always enjoyed being able to help other collectors get what they were looking for. Probably because I had had such a difficulty in finding what I was looking for before I started working there lol.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:26 am

I don't go to Home Depot unless I can't avoid it, and when I do I make sure to park ultra far from the entrance. It never fails I see at least a few nails or screws in the parking lot on the walk in. At least with Lowe's once you know the layout of yours it doesn't change too much aside from the seasonal decorations. Home Depot allows "handymen" to hang out in front of their stores in some regions, whereas Lowe's doesn't. Depending upon how aggressive they are, it can be nice to just go in get what you need and be left alone.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:33 am

JTMarsh wrote:
I don't go to Home Depot unless I can't avoid it, and when I do I make sure to park ultra far from the entrance. It never fails I see at least a few nails or screws in the parking lot on the walk in. At least with Lowe's once you know the layout of yours it doesn't change too much aside from the seasonal decorations. Home Depot allows "handymen" to hang out in front of their stores in some regions, whereas Lowe's doesn't. Depending upon how aggressive they are, it can be nice to just go in get what you need and be left alone.
Lowe's and Home Depot.... That's another nightmare right there. Thankfully there's a smaller family owned store just down the street that usually has everything they would. I pay a little extra.. But it is so worth it. The friendly employees, the customer service is top notch, can't beat it.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:35 am

For anyone who might've missed it, the DPCI for the new deluxe Mojo is 087-16-9943. $41.99 retail price at Target. Some Target toy department managers not allowing toy department employees to sell them until after next reset, sometime in October.

There's no street date, so if you can find an employee that is unaware of the toy department managers decree, there's a decent chance you can get them to pull a Mojo from the back for you.
Popoman
CROM?

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:36 am

As someone who worked retail for 10 years, I know what it's like. 1 in every 10 customers are just horrible to you regardless of the level of service you give. It is an industry where you are not rewarded for going above and beyond, which is why you see so many employees doing the bare minimum.

Not saying there weren't bad employees. But it truly is a soul-sucking job.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:42 am

The one drawback with Lowe's is that I noticed the people in their customer service / returns area tend to just be regular cashiers with minimal training. It's always fun to have to guide them through how to do your own return or explain to them their policies as you've gone through it a number of times over the years. So in addition to minimal training, a few have confided to me that the company will do anything to keep them from ever getting full-time hours, which is disheartening. So if there is a mom & pop place that I know has what I want and doesn't treat their employees like fast food workers, I'd opt to go there. Unfortunately there just aren't any around me unless you want supplies for horses etc.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:52 am

Blingoman wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:36 am
As someone who worked retail for 10 years, I know what it's like. 1 in every 10 customers are just horrible to you regardless of the level of service you give. It is an industry where you are not rewarded for going above and beyond, which is why you see so many employees doing the bare minimum.

Not saying there weren't bad employees. But it truly is a soul-sucking job.
This 100%. The only people who are vocal, who would ever to contact management are people who had a grievance of some sort. I always went out of my way to help people, and while most seemed appreciative at the time, it seemed like they never went out of their way to showcase to management the employees who were giving it their all. Unfortunate but true.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:57 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:42 am
The one drawback with Lowe's is that I noticed the people in their customer service / returns area tend to just be regular cashiers with minimal training. It's always fun to have to guide them through how to do your own return or explain to them their policies as you've gone through it a number of times over the years. So in addition to minimal training, a few have confided to me that the company will do anything to keep them from ever getting full-time hours, which is disheartening. So if there is a mom & pop place that I know has what I want and doesn't treat their employees like fast food workers, I'd opt to go there. Unfortunately there just aren't any around me unless you want supplies for horses etc.
The mom & pop place I go to just barely survived all the lockdowns. Unfortunate that so many places like that went under during the pandemic. I guess I'm lucky to have one near me that survived.
Nothing
CROM!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:17 am

Instead of any military requirement every person in America should be required to work 1 year in retail before or when they turn 18.

Most people would learn to not be so terrible to each other, and how to humbly deal with other people.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:32 am

And/or a restaurant/fast food joint.
slugzilla
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:32 am

NOTHING / ROBOKILLAH 2024!
A ticket I'd vote for.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:43 am

Wait, is Lowes carrying the Mojo figure?
Lucid Silverback esq.
Feces Flinger

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:02 pm

Hahahahaha! Norm ftw!
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:35 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:43 am
Wait, is Lowes carrying the Mojo figure?
It'd be cool if they were.
Scotch n Ciggs
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:19 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Have never seen that happen with either. Or people being lazy and leaving nails and screws in the parking lot. That's wasteful.

At least with home Depot it's limited to three main layout options. It's like they were built by the company that did the Walmart supercenter layouts and each one is slightly different depending on when it was built or something.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”