Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:14 am

I just canceled my preorder. I was already hesitating the first time I preordered due to the price. I’ll pick up single Mojo if he goes on sale and wait for a reissue of Longshot. I’d still like to get the 3 pack though but not at that asking price. Hopefully there will be a sale in the future and if not, oh well.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:51 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:33 am
Im not upset, we all knew Mojo was going to get a retail release.

Yep. I just assumed it'd happen in 2025.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:14 am

I saw that the single release Mojo is going to be priced at $66.99. from someone who checked the upc with Target.
So not as much of a better value compared to the box set if that's the case depending on how much you want Longshot and Dazzler. I still canceled my box set pre-order to spend the money on something else, the single Mojo option just made the decision easier.
TinkerersAssistant02
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:49 am

This changes nothing for me. I prefer the boxset Mojo, and want Longshot just as much as Mojo, and I'm fine with that Dazzler too, even if it's my third figure for a character I expected would get one at most. Not to make it sound like I'm bothered by multiple Dazzler figures; I mean, I'd still likely grab a more '90s comic-accurate Dazzler (for what little she appeared that way), and her AoA look. I'm just truly surprised she's at three different figures so far.

So, yeah, I'm sticking with the boxset, no doubts at all. And for those who really only wanted Mojo, well, you've got that option way sooner than I had expected it to happen. With time to cancel the boxset order no less, if that's your call.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:58 am

Darthgaar wrote:I saw that the single release Mojo is going to be priced at $66.99. from someone who checked the upc with Target.
So not as much of a better value compared to the box set if that's the case depending on how much you want Longshot and Dazzler. I still canceled my box set pre-order to spend the money on something else, the single Mojo option just made the decision easier.
Just saw someone post a receipt from my state at it was $41.99

UPC 5010994164881
SKU 087169943
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:41 am

I’d happily pay 41.99 for this without flinching. That’s an average value. And like MODOK, I’m sure it will go on sale at some point. I’m not canceling the box set though. Dazzler on the new body, extra detailing on Mojo, and Longshot for the time being, are all worth it. Im sure Longshot himself will be released on his own, but I wonder what changes they’ll make if any.
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 pm

I would go so far as to say $42 seems like a low price. Isn't that less than MODOK, or the 20th anniv Hulk? I'd pick him up at that price for sure
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:57 pm

There was a similar situation with the Power Rangers and the Pudgy Pig figure: Offered as a grossly overpriced exclusive at first, then almost immediately offered as a regular release without fancy packaging and a couple of extra accessories that no one asked for.

I predict the same happens here.......I think you'll see regular release Longshot for sure, and probably announced relatively soon. Dazzler......maybe, maybe not. We do already have an 80's Dazzler option, so maybe she remains as the carrot that dangles to keep you from canceling your order.

If the $42 price on Mojo holds true, then that's quite a shock, honestly. That's only $10 more than most MLs. But I still can't be too impressed with zero paint.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:20 pm

Regular release gives me Arthur Adams Longshot limited series/X-Men Annuals vibes, so I'll be going for that one. :wink:
Balthus Dire
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:10 pm

I actually don’t even know which I prefer. The Pulse version obviously has a much better paint job, but the single card actually looks like he looks in the majority of his comic appearances to me. And with the price the ability to get him single carded without shipping is nice.

If we knew Longshot was available single carded it would make the decision easier.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:30 pm

I ordered the boxset mostly for Longshot so I don't care about this single release but cool for those who want a cheaper option to get Mojo.
Parintachin73
Customized

Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:39 pm

I’m keeping my order for the box set for now. I just want Longshot and Dazzler for my Outback team. I’ll happily sell Mojo and the silly Wolvie statue
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 pm

H-bird wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:08 am
KnightDamien wrote:The single-card Mojo reminds me a lot of Mojo's appearance in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon, where he didn't have all the splotchiness.
Good call, that is exactly what he looks like!

I don’t think I’m too fussed about this - like at all. Especially if this ends up being like $65 at retail or whatever, it doesn’t make the set look bad.
Agreed. I can totally understand people that only want Mojo now not wanting the boxed set. But I want Mojo and Longshot. And I'm -more- than happy to get a second Longshot later with some minor changes (cuff and star color, maybe? Or even a different head with the eye flash like Cable?). I'll also take a modern Longshot. Or a Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe Longshot. So the idea that we -might- get another Longshot later doesn't actually make me want the set less. And I prefer the boxed set Mojo from what we've seen. Plus, I get Dazzler -- I sold the previous one -- which means I will FINALLY have the First Family of Mojoworld on my display, which is something I've wanted since I started collecting Legends in 2003.
Darthgaar
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:26 pm

Maximoff wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:58 am
Darthgaar wrote:I saw that the single release Mojo is going to be priced at $66.99. from someone who checked the upc with Target.
Just saw someone post a receipt from my state at it was $41.99

UPC 5010994164881
SKU 087169943
I hope you're right!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:00 pm

I only want Dazzler and Longshot, so I hope I can make a local collector happy with Mojo.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics