Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Thu May 26, 2022 12:55 am

Samael13 wrote:Definitely would have preferred them lower, but maybe this tapped for a Powers of X set?

Or whatever comic this was from:

Those are the only examples I could find where the straps are anywhere near that high up. But, yeah, I'm also in the "meh, won't really bother me" camp; I'd prefer if they were lower, but it's not a detail I'll generally notice until someone points it out.
Given the option of showing off his gams (like his classic look) or matching the uniform of the dozen plus other people in the picture - why on earth is Colossus wearing jeans?
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 26, 2022 1:45 am

X-Cutioner's song is probably my favorite X-Men story.

Reminds me that we need Hasbro to finally finish all of the X-Teams, and a re-release or update of Stryfe, one of the most expensive Marvel Legends on the secondary market.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 am

H-bird wrote:
why on earth is Colossus wearing jeans?

Those are his mutant jeans.

I'll see myself out...
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

H-bird wrote:
Samael13 wrote:Definitely would have preferred them lower, but maybe this tapped for a Powers of X set?

Or whatever comic this was from:

Those are the only examples I could find where the straps are anywhere near that high up. But, yeah, I'm also in the "meh, won't really bother me" camp; I'd prefer if they were lower, but it's not a detail I'll generally notice until someone points it out.
Given the option of showing off his gams (like his classic look) or matching the uniform of the dozen plus other people in the picture - why on earth is Colossus wearing jeans?
He's blue collar and down to Earth
CaptainRon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:27 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
H-bird wrote:

I'll see myself out...
Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:42 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
H-bird wrote:

I'll see myself out...
"X-Jeans...maybe he's born with it"
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Thu May 26, 2022 2:44 am

The part that gets me is that he's wearing jeans *over* the uniform, but has the boots over the jeans. Like, the uniform is clearly some kind of jumpsuit thing; you can see that it zips up from below the belt up to the collar. The more I look at it, the more weirdness pops out at me. There are a bunch of slight, fairly meaningless variations.

Half their gloves end where they buckle on, but the other half have flared gloves.
Most of them have the kind of yellow "one piece swimsuit" part, but Angel's yellow part extends straight down along his thighs. We can't tell what Colossus has, because of the aforementioned jeans. Nightcrawler appears to have no yellow trunks part at all; the yellow seems to end at the belt (which is kind of ironic since, of everyone on that page, he's the one who has *most consistently* worn a costume with that "underwear on the outside" part, over the lifetime of the character).
Most of them have armored shoulder pads, except Wolverine (again, ironic, given that his costumes almost always have shoulder pads).
Almost everyone's belt buckles are roughly the same size as their belts, except that Storm's belt buckle is twice as big as her belt.
Angel has yellow belt pouches, for some reason (Cyclops and Cable also have pouches, but that's been a staple of their costumes for a long time).
Jean and Angel don't have the thigh straps, but do have weird panels on their outer legs.

I feel like someone really needs to explain to the X-Men what the "uni" in "uniform" means.
JKL-MD ReFugee
Easy Going like Sunday Morning

Thu May 26, 2022 5:19 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
H-bird wrote:

I'll see myself out...
Pretty sure that will be my second biggest laugh of the week behind Chip n Dale. Well played. :lol:
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:02 am

Hate to say it, but those strap legs are probably here to stay. They are pinless, and new. And Hasbro hates to not reuse things. So these new legs are probably gonna be on redone Cyclops, and any of the training suits they do. Which sucks cause I really like the training suits, but these strap legs are gonna **** them up. I definitely know I won't be replacing any older figures with them though. If they look fine with the other figures I'll still buy them, probably. But I'll have to see them before I commit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:24 am

Definitely don't feel the need to run out and offload my Warlock Wave Jim Lee Cyclopses. That's the figure that brought me into ML, and made me want to collect the line in the first place. At the time it looked too cool NOT to buy. No pinless joints or stationary straps are going to make me like that figure any less, particularly when regularly botching character faces is the new trend. We know the packaging is going to suck if you're an MOC collector, as I tend to be; what will I be paying for these marginal adjustments by the time it arrives? $40 bucks a figure? No thanks. More power to those don't have one and want one, but the Cyke's I have between the Warlock Wave and Love Triangle ones meet my 90s needs well enough.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu May 26, 2022 12:58 pm

I’ll be happy to get a new Jim Lee Cyclops - the old one never wowed me. I’m less concerned about replacing the classic skullcap Cyke, but he definitely needs to be released again since he’s so hard to get. Curious what body he’ll be on going forward. Don’t have Vulcan yet, but he seems a little beefy for anyone besides Jim Lee roidmonster Scott.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 3:58 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
H-bird wrote:

I'll see myself out...

I would be embarrassed to reveal how many reads it took me for this to click....
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:19 pm

I’ll be happy to get a rerelease of classic Cyclops and Dark Phoenix. Whether in the original two pack or single retro releases. Or stick them in another love triangle three pack again and put brown and tan Wolvetine in there.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:28 pm

Ro-El wrote:I’ll be happy to get a rerelease of classic Cyclops and Dark Phoenix. Whether in the original two pack or single retro releases. Or stick them in another love triangle three pack again and put brown and tan Wolvetine in there.
Wouldn’t tiger stripe be appropriate costume for the era though?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm

september_death wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:28 pm
Ro-El wrote:I’ll be happy to get a rerelease of classic Cyclops and Dark Phoenix. Whether in the original two pack or single retro releases. Or stick them in another love triangle three pack again and put brown and tan Wolvetine in there.
Wouldn’t tiger stripe be appropriate costume for the era though?

Tiger Stripe would be more appropriate for a Dark Phoenix-related set. Logan switched to BRN/TAN after Phoenix died on the moon. Nightcrawler asked him why the switch and he replied, "Why not?" But, I believe I've also read that it also was partly Logan's way of mourning/paying respect to Phoenix.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics