Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Tue May 24, 2022 3:55 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:07 am
Xavion2004 wrote: I would have been fine paying the $132 just for Mojo and HIM, so anything beyond that is just icing on the cake. Yes, an updated version of Sedusa would have been nice, but I do like the re-deco of Fuzzy Lumpkins, and while I’m not a big fan of the Princess Morbucks mini-statue, it will make a decent enough stand-in for my display until she gets her own figure.
:lol:

100ptsofarticulation wrote: Mojo, I wish his legs supported him but that's a nitpick.
Short of making them like.. real metal with screw-tightened joints, I'm not even sure how you'd do that. He's a big ol' chunk of plastic to be supported by very spindly pieces of plastic, and all that weight being focused down -between- the balance points? I can only imagine the nightmare of engineering that would be. Would be cool, for sure. But not something I'd chide them over (not that you're doing that).
Ratchet joints, that's what they're for! It wouldn't be any different than a ML shoulder joint. But I imagine they cheaped out and it's just a ball and socket joint. Personally, I don't care about his legs being able to support his fat plastic weight. The clear tabs work perfectly fine.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue May 24, 2022 3:56 am

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 am
100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:52 am
The only thing I don't like in the set is the wolverine, it really seems out of place actually. Not sure why they wouldn't make it an x-baby version that is in scale with legends.
It looks to me to be largely based on Javier Rodríguez's depiction of him in the most recent Exiles book, where he had more of a chibi/Skottie Young look than the '80s just-a-normal-kid's-body X-Babies you might be used to. And for that, I'd say he scales well, no?
I thought they said in the reveal that it was based on skottie young's art. Could be wrong.

The original x babies heads weren't that out of scale with everyone else. That wolverine is kind of a throw away for me.
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 24, 2022 4:46 am

Tue May 24, 2022 3:56 am
Warning! FRAT! :
Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:43 am
Tue May 24, 2022 2:52 am
The only thing I don't like in the set is the wolverine, it really seems out of place actually. Not sure why they wouldn't make it an x-baby version that is in scale with legends.
It looks to me to be largely based on Javier Rodríguez's depiction of him in the most recent Exiles book, where he had more of a chibi/Skottie Young look than the '80s just-a-normal-kid's-body X-Babies you might be used to. And for that, I'd say he scales well, no?
I thought they said in the reveal that it was based on skottie young's art. Could be wrong.

The original x babies heads weren't that out of scale with everyone else. That wolverine is kind of a throw away for me.

Ah, well, there ya go — Skottie Young. You're entitled to your preference—obviously—all I'm saying is that this Wolvie is an in-scale version. Same as how, say, Hasbro's Ben Grimms aren't in scale with how Kirby drew him, but they're accurate to later artists' depictions. I'm not overly familiar with the X-Babies, but they were traditionally drawn as just normal (albeit mutant) kids, right? Like, not any more stylized or cartoonish than normal, just younger? Was the MU X-Baby Cyke (remember that Longshot box set X-Baby pack-in?) more in line with what you'd rather we be getting?
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 24, 2022 5:18 am

The original X-babies were literally de-aged X-Men & when they reappeared as separate entities later they again just looked like normal kid sized/proportioned versions of the X-Men.

IIRC Skottie Young's versions were completely different & were not created by Mojo, they were created by his rival -- I think they were the "adorable X-Babies" & were more stylized with stubbier limbs & I think the concept was more closely fashioned around Muppet Babies (I think there was even panels in one of the books that looked like the Muppet Babies playroom). Young's Wolverine's mask was more straight than curved.

I didn't read the failed Exiles reboot, but from what I gathered at the time the chibi Wolverine did not come from hectic/wartorn Mojoworld like the original iteration. He was very stylized, but much bigger than the Skottie Young x-babies, had longer limbs & Wolverine's mask was more curved. To me the included figure looks like the Exiles version.

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:23 am

Exiles version was my thought. Wolvie.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:24 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:Oh good grief. Kids, talk about the toys. There is nobody in this entire discussion that deserves to feel good about themselves.

Talk about the toys. Talk about the toy prices. Talk about Mojo's buttgut. If you can't, then just don't talk.
Now for some reason I actually wanna hear people's thoughts on this buttgut lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:25 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:37 am

I desperately hope Mojo (and some of the recent X-Force stuff) is a prelude to us finally getting a v2 Shatterstar; objectively and factually and also scientifically the best Shatterstar costume. And I'd take a new Spiral, but Hasbro's recent forays into six-armed figures has left me thinking that even if they do it, it will be terrible.

But yeah.. absolutely, if you take the price point out of the discussion this is a fabulous set. I just don't think you can necessary divorce the product from the price, is all.
God, I thought Shatterstar v2 was a guarantee years ago after we got the first one, and here we are, still waiting.

Retro card that and shove it out the door already. This and Feral and my two biggest X-Force wants.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 2:49 pm

The more I think about this, the more I think this will be a Pudgy Pig scenario. Power Ranger fans were outraged at the insane SDCC price for a few silly extras that they didn't want. In very short order, a regular priced, general release was announced, preorders for the SDCC Pudgy Pig were canceled in droves, and it still remains on Pulse 1 year later.

I imagine the exact same thing here. Figures being offered again as a standard release at regular price (whatever that is for ML these days), stripped of the TV box, remote, and TV guide that no one asked for. Everyone will walk away happy. Hasbro will do the same thing next year. Outrage will once again ensue. The cycle repeats.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed May 25, 2022 12:25 am

Roufuss wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:25 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:37 am

I desperately hope Mojo (and some of the recent X-Force stuff) is a prelude to us finally getting a v2 Shatterstar; objectively and factually and also scientifically the best Shatterstar costume. And I'd take a new Spiral, but Hasbro's recent forays into six-armed figures has left me thinking that even if they do it, it will be terrible.

But yeah.. absolutely, if you take the price point out of the discussion this is a fabulous set. I just don't think you can necessary divorce the product from the price, is all.
God, I thought Shatterstar v2 was a guarantee years ago after we got the first one, and here we are, still waiting.

Retro card that and shove it out the door already. This and Feral and my two biggest X-Force wants.
[email protected]#$' RIGHT?!
Like, how do you do v1 Shatterstar but NOT do v2 Shatterstar -- the version from when X-Force was actually at its most popular? I figured V1 meant it would be a while, but I genuinely thought V2 was finally right around the corner when we started seeing more X-Force characters recently. Now they're teasing me again with Mojoworld.

Come on, Hasbro. I have waited the entire existence of Marvel Legends for Shatterstar v2.
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 25, 2022 1:30 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Come on, Hasbro. I have waited the entire existence of Marvel Legends for Shatterstar v2.
I feel like even if he doesn't get a single release then he will show up in a multi-pack because I still think Boom-Boom's pink/yellow costume with her name plastered down the side of her leg is far more iconic than the v1 costume they released. I just don't foresee red Shatterstar or pink/yellow Boom-Boom not getting released.

We're still waiting on X-factor to be completed & for Feral to see a release -- at some point they have to focus on the v2 costumes for X-Force since its currently a hodge-podge with the figures released. Domino & Cannonball also need v2 updates -- the Domino we got was technically Copycat. With 90s mainline X-Men nearly out of the way I imagine v2 X-force will be competing with the 80s/Outback X-Men as far as completion goes since they are finally touching on that era. Watch them focus instead on the purple/gold X-force era & post-Crimson Dawn/"Neo" era of the X-Men.... lmao
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 8:55 am

Came from Reddit.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 am

I can't be the only one who would like to see Adam X The X-Treme, right? His debut comic was where I learned the word "flechettes". And I'll never forget how all of the blood was colored brown instead of red for some reason.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 am

Please, no. Adam X is the one X figure I wouldn't buy.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 12:04 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:55 am
That's about right.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed May 25, 2022 12:56 pm

tetragene wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:
With 90s mainline X-Men nearly out of the way I imagine v2 X-force will be competing with the 80s/Outback X-Men as far as completion goes since they are finally touching on that era. Watch them focus instead on the purple/gold X-force era & post-Crimson Dawn/"Neo" era of the X-Men.... lmao
The notion that getting original X-Force v2 is a very real possibility is incredible to me. That second Shatterstar costume was one of my very first failed customs back in the day, with that exact card on my desk as reference. I only recently got rid of the half painted Toy Biz series 5 Nick Fury body he was on. Shatterstar, Cannonball, Boom Boom, and Warpath are the ones that spring to mind as needing distinct v2 upgrades. I would absolutely love to see it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”