Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Sat May 21, 2022 1:54 pm

I agree. And also nominate it for best SDCC exclusive ever.

Of course I'm being completely biased because the set included Magik... Even if it wasn't the version of her I wanted.
Bolt
Customized

Sat May 21, 2022 2:10 pm

fac wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm
While I generally don't care about packaging, I do like "life size" prop like packaging and have a shelf or two with props and "life size" characters from a bunch of different properties, and the TV, remote, etc. for this set looks like it might be a nice fit for that.

The SDCC Book of Vishanti ML set is another example of a life size prop/package, and I was trying to think of any others from the ML line? (Not packaging that is in scale with legends like the Raft set or the subway set for the Defenders)
I would guess the letter/envelope from the Hellfire Club set would count for that? sort of?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:15 pm

Bolt wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:10 pm
fac wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 pm
While I generally don't care about packaging, I do like "life size" prop like packaging and have a shelf or two with props and "life size" characters from a bunch of different properties, and the TV, remote, etc. for this set looks like it might be a nice fit for that.

The SDCC Book of Vishanti ML set is another example of a life size prop/package, and I was trying to think of any others from the ML line? (Not packaging that is in scale with legends like the Raft set or the subway set for the Defenders)
I would guess the letter/envelope from the Hellfire Club set would count for that? sort of?
SDCC Thor came in a package shaped like Mjolnir!
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Had forgotten about the Hellfire Club invite, that fits...

The clear window for the Mjolnir packaging doesn't help it in terms of having a prop look, but that was fun packaging I agree.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat May 21, 2022 3:32 pm

I used to have that Book of the Vishanti, but I squashed it accidentally and it just didn’t look right. I dig packaging like that. I tend to use it as a container for other collectibles I don’t necessarily need displayed. I know I can buy it again on eBay if I wanted. That was a cool set back in the day. I liked that astral Strange, Magik, Dormammu, and Hela. Cool set!

Then all of those pretty much got some re-release in some manner.

I’m almost confident enough to wager my Galactus that Mojo sees a single release. Yes MODOK did warm shelves and e-warehouses. I got one for $38. But I think stores like $60 offerings that aren’t taking up too much shelf space.

I also think Spiral wasn’t in this set due to all the extra costs she would incur. She will be a feature in another X-Wave in 2023ish. This thing is slated for end of year release right? Could be something in early 2023.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat May 21, 2022 3:59 pm

If Spiral was in this set, I might have gotten it. Hoping for a single carded Spiral at some point. She’s got such a great character design.

psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 21, 2022 4:04 pm

Nebraska wrote:
psoul95 wrote:Pulse doesn’t charge until shipped correct?
Correct.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That’s what I thought. Thanks!
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 21, 2022 7:26 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:59 pm
If Spiral was in this set, I might have gotten it. Hoping for a single carded Spiral at some point. She’s got such a great character design.
I feel like Spiral requires so much new tooling to be accurate/good that if she were in this set it would price too many people out. I'd hate to imagine the cost cutting methods they would go to make a Spiral happen in this set without the fear of the price being too high -- like a really bad torso overlay on that 6-arm Spiderman buck lol

Dazzler is a repaint on a better buck with just a new head, so cheaper -- and there are likely enough people that care for accurate versions to spend on this set for at least 1/2 of the "figures" here (I don't personally care to own Mojo, but I want Longshot & will get any Dazzler variation). I still think they could have kept that Wolverine paper weight & knocked $15 off though
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 7:42 pm

I still love the original Hasbro Spiral.
tetragene wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:26 pm
I still think they could have kept that Wolverine paper weight & knocked $15 off though
That might have been just enough to do it for me.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 7:55 pm

I wonder if splitting this set into 2 sets would have been better. Mojo on his own (or with X-baby Wolverine) and a Dazzler/Longshot 2pk. Two sets with lower pricepoints may have been more digestible psychologically even if they added up to the same total as the all-in-one set.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 8:08 pm

Ash Talon wrote:I wonder if splitting this set into 2 sets would have been better. Mojo on his own (or with X-baby Wolverine) and a Dazzler/Longshot 2pk. Two sets with lower pricepoints may have been more digestible psychologically even if they added up to the same total as the all-in-one set.
I think this would have been the best solution.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 9:20 pm

I think if Spiral was in this set, the set would have cost $175-200. Spiral will be a deluxe or BAF once they update her.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sat May 21, 2022 9:29 pm

Agreed - she may end up being $40-$50 since she is such a unique design and sculpt.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 10:01 pm

I mean, they could just phone Spiral in using the six-armed Spidey body

Mysticmanjrf1
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Agree about the separate packs. Or better yet, just remove the Wolverine paperweight and put Mojo as a deluxe figure with the others in a 2 pack.

$120 seems like the right price. If we accept that $30 is basically the price for Longshot or Dazzler...another $60 for Mojo is not as bad. That Wolverine is a complete throwaway.

Amazing sculpts, though. Mojo looks awesome.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”