Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Fri May 20, 2022 4:03 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm
JPC wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:40 am
I'm not playing this pricing game. I'll wait for the inevitable Mojo re-release with only one head. And then I'll wait for that to go on clearance like MODOK.

Looks like Dazzler is getting a combo of base body parts - her legs are the same as Omega Sentinel minus the sculpted bits - so X-Force Domino and AoA Rogue. What buck did those actually debut with?
i gotta be honest, i'm not so sure mojo is getting another release... I think there's a big possibility MOJO was originally going to be released like MODOK, but with the way modok peg warmed and got clearanced at alot of places, i'm going to wager they didn't want another one. And I gotta say, MODOK is probably more well known than MOJO

Agreed 100%. And that's why they limited it to 11,500, which if memory serves is far lower than retail release production runs yet significantly higher than the production runs that SDCC releases were getting just a few years ago that would sell out in minutes once posted online.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
JPC wrote:
I'm not playing this pricing game. I'll wait for the inevitable Mojo re-release with only one head. And then I'll wait for that to go on clearance like MODOK.

Looks like Dazzler is getting a combo of base body parts - her legs are the same as Omega Sentinel minus the sculpted bits - so X-Force Domino and AoA Rogue. What buck did those actually debut with?
i gotta be honest, i'm not so sure mojo is getting another release... I think there's a big possibility MOJO was originally going to be released like MODOK, but with the way modok peg warmed and got clearanced at alot of places, i'm going to wager they didn't want another one. And I gotta say, MODOK is probably more well known than MOJO

Agreed 100%. And that's why they limited it to 11,500, which if memory serves is far lower than retail release production runs yet significantly higher than the production runs that SDCC releases were getting just a few years ago that would sell out in minutes once posted online.
yup, i think if people want him, they shouldn't sit on him personally. But who knows
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:06 pm
yup, i think if people want him, they shouldn't sit on him personally. But who knows

That's why I was updating the inventory counts--so people know how close to selling out they are. The Hellfire Club set received a small second release on Pulse something like nine months after the original convention-timed release, so it's possible that this set gets that as well. But I wouldn't bet on it since most con releases don't get re-released.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri May 20, 2022 4:35 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:54 am
I think people here have and are capable of empathy... but the people complaining about the prices and how much Legends "suck" for this price, or the repeated claim that they are "out" of collecting Legends only to constantly reappear and complain....

Its not the most graceful way to garner sympathy for yourself. There may be some pity... for sure... but not the reason they were aiming for.
I'm not looking for sympathy. I think it's valuable input -- I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who manages a marketing department. If your audience is loudly complaining about the price of your products, it's worth considering. What they do with it, if anything, is uncertain, but it's the kind of talk that could inspire future Longshot releases in a standard ML retail format, for example. And fan response affecting future releases is a precedent for the line.

I find it weird how many people are defending this from a perspective like yours, digging through pragmatic complaints about something we all acknowledge, that the prices have increased and become a pretty major barrier for some collectors, for hypocrisy in order to invalidate those complaints. Figure collecting is a hobby with such an oddly prevalent amount of gatekeeping for a subculture built around behavior as empty as buying stuff and talking about buying stuff. You're not more authentic because you can afford things and are willing to spend that money.
I think everyone is complaining about the prices. No one is defending Hasbro price increases - we all hate it. There is an interesting Us vs. Them mentality created by people who think that the collectors who are still keeping their old buying habits even after the price increases are siding with the corporate overlords and betraying their fellow collectors who want to take a stand. Or at least say that they are, and complain often.

There is nothing wrong with feedback like "These prices are really high" and "we're paying closer and closer to import costs lately" because... we are. It sucks. I wish Legends were still $15. The problem is Hasbro is making some really great figures and to me they are worth paying extra for to have. It sucks that some people can't fit this into their budget. I get that. No one is invalidating that feedback.

The grating part is that the same people who pop up every time something new is announced/revealed to repeat how much of a rip-off the figure is at the price, how bad the quality is for the price, how they are going to stop collecting, etc. Yet there they are... beating their dead horse. It doesn't garner sympathy. It just makes these people whiners. It's their right to bitch and complain, as they often proudly proclaim - but it doesn't change the fact that they're adding nothing to the conversation but the same whining. This doesn't describe everyone who is upset about the prices, or everyone who has to cut back on their collecting - just a select few who will post like clockwork after every new reveal. It's the usual suspects. No one is gatekeeping anything - I get that's a trendy term right now. It doesn't apply here. Some folks are just tired of reading comments from people that don't seem to understand that increased price doesn't mean a gigantic increase in quality. The quality has for the most part been consistent. Every new Spider-Man is better than the last, which is great. Love Spidey.

Is it greedy? Yes. Does it suck? Yes. Does everyone here wish the prices were lower? Absolutely.

Some people have gotten themselves into a position in life where a few extra dollars for their hobby aren't enough of a detraction. That doesn't mean they are trying to squeeze out the people who have to cut back. They've just heard the same complaints over and over again, and if people are saying they're out to make a point... then stick to your guns. Be out. Don't keep coming back thinking an extra squeaky wheel will make prices drop. It's just a miserable existence.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri May 20, 2022 4:51 pm

Speaking of restocks, the Skrull troopers came back in stock briefly this morning. I snagged 5.

My prediction on the mojo set. Dazzler won’t get re-released because the previous version is so similar and this the kind of variant that makes box sets a thing. Wolverine won’t get re-released. Longshot will but maybe with a different head. Mojo will….in like 5 years. Just a guess.

Is this set overpriced? Absolutely. But the benefit of it being overpriced is that it didn’t sell out in minutes. Small victory.

I’m going to sell some Skrulls to offset the price. It’s really the only way I can rationalize it.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:58 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:35 pm
secondwhiteline wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:54 am
I think people here have and are capable of empathy... but the people complaining about the prices and how much Legends "suck" for this price, or the repeated claim that they are "out" of collecting Legends only to constantly reappear and complain....

Its not the most graceful way to garner sympathy for yourself. There may be some pity... for sure... but not the reason they were aiming for.
I'm not looking for sympathy. I think it's valuable input -- I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who manages a marketing department. If your audience is loudly complaining about the price of your products, it's worth considering. What they do with it, if anything, is uncertain, but it's the kind of talk that could inspire future Longshot releases in a standard ML retail format, for example. And fan response affecting future releases is a precedent for the line.

I find it weird how many people are defending this from a perspective like yours, digging through pragmatic complaints about something we all acknowledge, that the prices have increased and become a pretty major barrier for some collectors, for hypocrisy in order to invalidate those complaints. Figure collecting is a hobby with such an oddly prevalent amount of gatekeeping for a subculture built around behavior as empty as buying stuff and talking about buying stuff. You're not more authentic because you can afford things and are willing to spend that money.
I think everyone is complaining about the prices. No one is defending Hasbro price increases - we all hate it. There is an interesting Us vs. Them mentality created by people who think that the collectors who are still keeping their old buying habits even after the price increases are siding with the corporate overlords and betraying their fellow collectors who want to take a stand. Or at least say that they are, and complain often.

There is nothing wrong with feedback like "These prices are really high" and "we're paying closer and closer to import costs lately" because... we are. It sucks. I wish Legends were still $15. The problem is Hasbro is making some really great figures and to me they are worth paying extra for to have. It sucks that some people can't fit this into their budget. I get that. No one is invalidating that feedback.

The grating part is that the same people who pop up every time something new is announced/revealed to repeat how much of a rip-off the figure is at the price, how bad the quality is for the price, how they are going to stop collecting, etc. Yet there they are... beating their dead horse. It doesn't garner sympathy. It just makes these people whiners. It's their right to bitch and complain, as they often proudly proclaim - but it doesn't change the fact that they're adding nothing to the conversation but the same whining. This doesn't describe everyone who is upset about the prices, or everyone who has to cut back on their collecting - just a select few who will post like clockwork after every new reveal. It's the usual suspects. No one is gatekeeping anything - I get that's a trendy term right now. It doesn't apply here. Some folks are just tired of reading comments from people that don't seem to understand that increased price doesn't mean a gigantic increase in quality. The quality has for the most part been consistent. Every new Spider-Man is better than the last, which is great. Love Spidey.

Is it greedy? Yes. Does it suck? Yes. Does everyone here wish the prices were lower? Absolutely.

Some people have gotten themselves into a position in life where a few extra dollars for their hobby aren't enough of a detraction. That doesn't mean they are trying to squeeze out the people who have to cut back. They've just heard the same complaints over and over again, and if people are saying they're out to make a point... then stick to your guns. Be out. Don't keep coming back thinking an extra squeaky wheel will make prices drop. It's just a miserable existence.

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 6:04 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:17 am
H-bird wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 pm
I'm not going to complain about the price on this - though I think in general people should try and have a *shred* of empathy for those who are lamenting being priced out of a hobby they love.

Bingo. Losing your purchasing power sucks. Especially when it's outside of your power.

I got a 4% raise this year. With 7% inflation, that means I effectively took a pay cut. For some folks, that's the difference between participating in their hobby and being priced out.

mattmurdog wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:06 am
Collecting has always been a rich person's game.

Has it? Baseball cards used to be, what, 25 cents? Action figures were $7, $10, and $15 before they shot up. We're not talking about owning a garage full of exotic cars here.
It doesn't matter if it's 25c or $20, it's about having disposable income. "Rich" is subjective, some people may have felt like they had the disposable income when in reality they do not as inflation is hitting all of us in the face. If you've ever collected imports, the Legends price hike is merely a drop in the bucket. I never have because I thought they were too rich for my blood.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri May 20, 2022 6:49 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:04 pm
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:17 am
H-bird wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 pm
I'm not going to complain about the price on this - though I think in general people should try and have a *shred* of empathy for those who are lamenting being priced out of a hobby they love.

Bingo. Losing your purchasing power sucks. Especially when it's outside of your power.

I got a 4% raise this year. With 7% inflation, that means I effectively took a pay cut. For some folks, that's the difference between participating in their hobby and being priced out.

mattmurdog wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:06 am
Collecting has always been a rich person's game.

Has it? Baseball cards used to be, what, 25 cents? Action figures were $7, $10, and $15 before they shot up. We're not talking about owning a garage full of exotic cars here.
It doesn't matter if it's 25c or $20, it's about having disposable income. "Rich" is subjective, some people may have felt like they had the disposable income when in reality they do not as inflation is hitting all of us in the face. If you've ever collected imports, the Legends price hike is merely a drop in the bucket. I never have because I thought they were too rich for my blood.

Sure. I guess it just depends on whether or not you think the working class is entitled to hobbies. I don't see why anyone would work 40 hours a week if they couldn't afford basic pleasures.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri May 20, 2022 7:10 pm

If you're working 40 hours it's all about managing expenses. If a few dollars a figure put the hobby out of your budget then a quick review of your spending might be in order.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 7:36 pm

Enforcer wrote:
If you're working 40 hours it's all about managing expenses. If a few dollars a figure put the hobby out of your budget then a quick review of your spending might be in order.
I grew up without money. I was still able to collect action figures, trading cards, and comic books.

If this was two or three years ago. I would have purchased the first appearance Spider-Man, the Spider-Man/Mary Jane 2-pack, that Venom/Knull 2-pack, and the Mojo set.

I skipped all of them. And I'm making more money now than I did back then. It's not that I can't afford them. But just because I can spend the money on something doesn't mean I'm willing to spend the money on it. I can't justify the cost, and I don't "need" those figures, so I'll pass on them.

I think Morph is going to be over-priced as well, but he's a character I do personally need, so I will overpay for him.

This is a discussion forum about action figures. Price is a part of that. If people want to discuss it here, they are free to do so. You don't understand why someone who's passionate about figures might be upset that they are being priced out of a hobby that brings them joy? Franky I don't find anyone's issues with the prices nearly as annoying as the complaining that smug assholes like you do.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri May 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Handsome wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
I grew up without money. I was still able to collect action figures, trading cards, and comic books.

If this was two or three years ago. I would have purchased the first appearance Spider-Man, the Spider-Man/Mary Jane 2-pack, that Venom/Knull 2-pack, and the Mojo set.

I skipped all of them. And I'm making more money now than I did back then. It's not that I can't afford them. But just because I can spend the money on something doesn't mean I'm willing to spend the money on it. I can't justify the cost, and I don't "need" those figures, so I'll pass on them.

I think Morph is going to be over-priced as well, but he's a character I do personally need, so I will overpay for him.

This is a discussion forum about action figures. Price is a part of that. If people want to discuss it here, they are free to do so. You don't understand why someone who's passionate about figures might be upset that they are being priced out of a hobby that brings them joy? Franky I don't find anyone's issues with the prices nearly as annoying as the complaining that smug assholes like you do.
Dry your tears soft one.

My previous post expressly said that the discussion about price was inevitable. We all feel the same way. It's the repetitive bitching and adding little else to the conversation that gets grating. Like... the same posters who can't contribute anything other than complaining about the price and how bad Legends are now because of it. We get it... not deep thinkers. Just doesn't add anything.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 7:51 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
JPC wrote:
i gotta be honest, i'm not so sure mojo is getting another release...
I concur- the fact MODOK was in stock for a long time (relative to many MLs) and did need to be clearanced out doesn't exactly lead me to the conclusion that retailers were ecstatic about how it did and may want more deluxe figures at a $60+ level. Certainly not a re-release within a year or so after an exclusive release.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:01 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
And that's why they limited it to 11,500, which if memory serves is far lower than retail release production runs yet significantly higher than the production runs that SDCC releases were getting just a few years ago that would sell out in minutes once posted online.
A sellout comes to about $1.5 million (not counting any sold via Pulse UK or other outlets), for a product they are selling through their own channel. That should be more than enough to cover the development of the set without needing to re-release Mojo.

And I suspect if they hit that 11,500 total in a few days they may add to the production run anyway.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:02 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Handsome wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Dry your tears soft one.

My previous post expressly said that the discussion about price was inevitable. We all feel the same way. It's the repetitive bitching and adding little else to the conversation that gets grating. Like... the same posters who can't contribute anything other than complaining about the price and how bad Legends are now because of it. We get it... not deep thinkers. Just doesn't add anything.
And your constant trolling adds so much?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri May 20, 2022 8:09 pm

Handsome wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:02 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Handsome wrote:

Dry your tears soft one.

And your constant trolling adds so much?
Oh I contribute a lot more than bitching and threatening to quit legends every time I log in. Big time.

Just because you're projecting some weird insecurity about your financial situation on to me doesn't make me a troll. It just means you're not that self aware. Could explain a lot.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”