Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Wait, are we comparing the pricing of this set to Mezco figures? I don't get that. Is this comparably priced or an equal value to Mezco? This set is $132 for two figures and a massive deluxe figure before tax or shipping. The latest reveal from Mez was Spider-Man, one figure plus a ton of accessories (that I'd likely leave in the package) for just $12 less. Isn't this apples and oranges?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm

Handsome wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:26 pm
Enforcer wrote:People will still buy - bitching all the while.
I feel bad for people who are being priced out this hobby, but I won't shed a tear for those who threaten to leave or wish harm on the Marvel team. I'm hoping those toxic individuals leave the hobby, but I'm smart enough to know they won't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I haven't seen a single person here wish harm on anyone.
No. This group is awesome. Everyone in this forum seems to have a good head on their shoulders. A couple of ML Facebook groups however...those boys need to step away and reevaluate their life's priorities.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:10 pm
Handsome wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:26 pm
I feel bad for people who are being priced out this hobby, but I won't shed a tear for those who threaten to leave or wish harm on the Marvel team. I'm hoping those toxic individuals leave the hobby, but I'm smart enough to know they won't.

I haven't seen a single person here wish harm on anyone.
No. This group is awesome. Everyone in this forum seems to have a good head on their shoulders. A couple of ML Facebook groups however...those boys need to step away and reevaluate their life's priorities.

I've never seen a reason to join a Facebook group for this stuff. This message board provides everything I need. Even the negativity is tolerable here. I don't know why Facebook and social media bring out the worst in people.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:19 pm

I joined a few Facebook groups mainly to sell figures I no longer want. Despite being a member since 2000, I've never sold anything on eBay and I'm not too keen to start. I've had pretty good luck with my sales so I deal with the bickering.

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:53 pm

Spiral confirmed? 8)

secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:54 am
I think people here have and are capable of empathy... but the people complaining about the prices and how much Legends "suck" for this price, or the repeated claim that they are "out" of collecting Legends only to constantly reappear and complain....

Its not the most graceful way to garner sympathy for yourself. There may be some pity... for sure... but not the reason they were aiming for.
I'm not looking for sympathy. I think it's valuable input -- I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who manages a marketing department. If your audience is loudly complaining about the price of your products, it's worth considering. What they do with it, if anything, is uncertain, but it's the kind of talk that could inspire future Longshot releases in a standard ML retail format, for example. And fan response affecting future releases is a precedent for the line.

I find it weird how many people are defending this from a perspective like yours, digging through pragmatic complaints about something we all acknowledge, that the prices have increased and become a pretty major barrier for some collectors, for hypocrisy in order to invalidate those complaints. Figure collecting is a hobby with such an oddly prevalent amount of gatekeeping for a subculture built around behavior as empty as buying stuff and talking about buying stuff. You're not more authentic because you can afford things and are willing to spend that money.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Fri May 20, 2022 2:36 pm

Do we have a release date on this??

I pre-ordered. It’s expensive but there are so few figures on my must have list these days that I went ahead with this one. That said, I’m considering re-assessing my must have list. Toad was also on my must have list but I skipped him because I felt ridiculous paying that much for a character that’s definitely not my favorite. Toad doesn’t even crack a top 50 favorite character.

I’m looking at this set in a similar way. Longshot is a definite want, more so over mojo. Is there a decent chance he gets released solo? I think so. I could roll the dice on that happening.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:38 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:36 pm
Do we have a release date on this??

Just the one at the very top of the product page. I assume it's exaggerated and will ship before then.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Fri May 20, 2022 2:40 pm

I think that Enforcer is suggesting that there's a spectrum. On one end is "useful and reasoned feedback" and on the other is "endless griping/hyperbolic complaining about literally everything, no matter how petty." Most people probably fall somewhere between those two extremes.

*Nobody* is happy about price increases. Except maybe Hasbro? But I doubt even them.

Some people recognize them and say "well, with prices going up, that will mean I buy less, and I'm not happy about that." Some people say "prices have gone up, but the figures are still stupid hot garbage, and I hope they go out of business for such brazen theft; they didn't even include these fifteen arbitrary accessories that I want and this figure has the wrong costume, anyway, and it's a C list character that literally nobody [email protected]#$ cares about so you couldn't pay me to pick one up, anyway." It feels like, the further people are toward that extreme, the more often they seem to feel the need to share that opinion.

So it is, so it will always be.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:42 pm

I'm way into this set but it feels almost criminal that it doesn't include Spiral.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:07 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 pm
Isn't this apples and oranges?
It is apples and oranges.....to a point.

I do sometimes wonder if Hasbro doesn't see collectors paying $80, $100, $120 etc, for a high end import of ONE figure, figures that are in many cases comparable in value to what Hasbro does, and make note of their willingness to pay more with little to no complaint.
Louisgod
CROM!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:46 pm

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:42 pm
I'm way into this set but it feels almost criminal that it doesn't include Spiral.
It's not too surprising really, Hasbro tends to include a "dud" figure, if you will, in these boxed sets that's effectively a repaint of a previously released figure that's light on accessories and new tooling. Seems it's their way of justifying the new tooling on the more complex figures (Mojo, Nimrod, etc.) and likely a balancing act with value vs. price. Spiral likely will need a bunch of new tooling for her arms alone but I bet we eventually get her as a standalone release, she seems like she'd do well in a standard wave. Longshot, however? I have fond memories of the 90s ToyBiz figure rotting on shelves, along with the Legends iteration. Probably best he's included in a bundle.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Completely coincidental but I just picked up a TPB of the original 1986 Art Adams Longshot miniseries last Friday. I remember reading my cousins copies way back when I was a kid but I always wanted to grab it for myself one day. It was pretty great to get that last week and then have this set get announced completely out of the blue only a couple days later.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:58 pm

JPC wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:40 am
I'm not playing this pricing game. I'll wait for the inevitable Mojo re-release with only one head. And then I'll wait for that to go on clearance like MODOK.

Looks like Dazzler is getting a combo of base body parts - her legs are the same as Omega Sentinel minus the sculpted bits - so X-Force Domino and AoA Rogue. What buck did those actually debut with?
i gotta be honest, i'm not so sure mojo is getting another release... I think there's a big possibility MOJO was originally going to be released like MODOK, but with the way modok peg warmed and got clearanced at alot of places, i'm going to wager they didn't want another one. And I gotta say, MODOK is probably more well known than MOJO
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:02 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:16 am
We can scream about tooling and molds etc. but it wasn't that long ago that we were offered the Hellfire 4pk for what, $80 bucks? Obviously Mojo's more intricate than some of those, but that was a legitimate 4pk and we didn't have to summon mental gymnastics to rationalize Hasbro's "premium packaging" or why one of the figures we're paying for amounts to a figurine you'd see stuck to a dashboard, while another is almost straight reuse. We can jump to Hasbro's defense and claim they're forced to do it and that's it's just the way the world is right now, aside from the fact that how many other companies include nicer packaging, more accessories and options and with some companies like McFarlane you're getting mostly new sculpts / molds far more frequently? Depending upon where you're ordering from you can essentially get 4 of Neca's Gargoyles figures for what you're paying for this (give or take tax and a few bucks). Let's call it what it is, as someone earlier so aptly put it: It's gouging plain and simple.

AOA Apocalypse was predominantly a new sculpt. I'd pay $45-$50 tops for Mojo, and $22.99 for Longshot. Dazzler you might be able to finagle $19.99 considering what a peg warmer the last (and more recognizable) versions were. Save the Wolverine chibi for some LootCrate box-o-junk that nobody asked for because it's certainly not an X-baby figure regardless of how hard you squint.
were you upset about paying $53 for MODOK? who doesn't have a whole lot going on compared to MOJO? I think Mojo easily looks like he's at least $20 more expensive than MODOK personally.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics