Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Fri May 20, 2022 2:16 am

We can scream about tooling and molds etc. but it wasn't that long ago that we were offered the Hellfire 4pk for what, $80 bucks? Obviously Mojo's more intricate than some of those, but that was a legitimate 4pk and we didn't have to summon mental gymnastics to rationalize Hasbro's "premium packaging" or why one of the figures we're paying for amounts to a figurine you'd see stuck to a dashboard, while another is almost straight reuse. We can jump to Hasbro's defense and claim they're forced to do it and that's it's just the way the world is right now, aside from the fact that how many other companies include nicer packaging, more accessories and options and with some companies like McFarlane you're getting mostly new sculpts / molds far more frequently? Depending upon where you're ordering from you can essentially get 4 of Neca's Gargoyles figures for what you're paying for this (give or take tax and a few bucks). Let's call it what it is, as someone earlier so aptly put it: It's gouging plain and simple.

AOA Apocalypse was predominantly a new sculpt. I'd pay $45-$50 tops for Mojo, and $22.99 for Longshot. Dazzler you might be able to finagle $19.99 considering what a peg warmer the last (and more recognizable) versions were. Save the Wolverine chibi for some LootCrate box-o-junk that nobody asked for because it's certainly not an X-baby figure regardless of how hard you squint.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:01 am

Pulse Premium is worth it if you’re getting any exclusives at this point… $20 off this set, plus free shipping on any other Pulse exclusives like army builders…
Parintachin73
Super Poseable

Fri May 20, 2022 3:03 am

BAT wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:42 am
@#$%ing Mezco pricing up in here...
Not yet but it’s definitely getting there. Mezco would charge $350-400 for this set. I thought about their FF set but I couldn’t do it
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:17 am

september_death wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:01 am
Pulse Premium is worth it if you’re getting any exclusives at this point… $20 off this set, plus free shipping on any other Pulse exclusives like army builders…

Why $20 off?
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:29 am

I just hope they stop releasing figures I want like calisto and longshot in sets. Friggin disney canceled my rictor/domino/cannonball set and im SOL there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri May 20, 2022 3:52 am

seditionary wrote:I just hope they stop releasing figures I want like calisto and longshot in sets. Friggin disney canceled my rictor/domino/cannonball set and im SOL there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m always here to foot stomp a complaint about the X-Force set. I still can’t bring myself to drop $80 to pick up just Rictor on the aftermarket. Would love for Hasbro to address this!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:56 am

Inventory update:

2:02 EST - 6,299 sold out of 11,250
2:29 EST - 6,689 sold
3:47 EST - 7,288 sold
6:24 EST - 7,796 sold
10:56 EST - 8,227 sold

Looking like it might last until the weekend before selling out.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:01 am

Longshot only has 4 figures.. Classic Hasblow.. Sculpted this new body on Longshot and still too lazy to sculpt 5 fingers on a damn hand.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:15 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:01 am
Longshot only has 4 figures.. Classic Hasblow.. Sculpted this new body on Longshot and still too lazy to sculpt 5 fingers on a damn hand.
Not falling for this troll haha
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:22 am

H-bird wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 pm
I'm not going to complain about the price on this - though I think in general people should try and have a *shred* of empathy for those who are lamenting being priced out of a hobby they love.
Yeah, there's a lot of needless justification of the price from people here. "They'll buy it anyway" doesn't necessarily include all or even most of the people who have complaints. Probably a lot of people can afford it, or are comfortable with the price. That doesn't invalidate the people who can't fit this into their budget, and while this is a cool set, the price feels a bit disproportionate to what you're getting in it (I'd probably be more sanguine about it if that Wolverine was replaced with a regular ML figure, and I'd almost definitely make the jump if that figure was Spiral). I'm going to roll the dice on getting Longshot and Dazzler solo.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:59 am

They could have gone with Longshot's pup creature, Major Domo, Mojo II, Ricochet Rita, or even pink-robed Psylocke (whom Mojo was kind enough to remove her eyes at one point). Given how smiley Longshot often appeared at this time, they could have even gone with an additional open-mouthed smile portrait, the sword Longshot uses on Mojo in the 90s, a different head for Dazzler with more of a smile and different colored headband. All of this might've helped people see more value in this 3.5pk more than a cardboard tv remote and Wolverine dog toy.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri May 20, 2022 6:17 am

H-bird wrote:
I'm not going to complain about the price on this - though I think in general people should try and have a *shred* of empathy for those who are lamenting being priced out of a hobby they love.

Bingo. Losing your purchasing power sucks. Especially when it's outside of your power.

I got a 4% raise this year. With 7% inflation, that means I effectively took a pay cut. For some folks, that's the difference between participating in their hobby and being priced out.

mattmurdog wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:06 am
Collecting has always been a rich person's game.

Has it? Baseball cards used to be, what, 25 cents? Action figures were $7, $10, and $15 before they shot up. We're not talking about owning a garage full of exotic cars here.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri May 20, 2022 6:54 am

secondwhiteline wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:22 am
H-bird wrote:
Yeah, there's a lot of needless justification of the price from people here. "They'll buy it anyway" doesn't necessarily include all or even most of the people who have complaints. Probably a lot of people can afford it, or are comfortable with the price. That doesn't invalidate the people who can't fit this into their budget, and while this is a cool set, the price feels a bit disproportionate to what you're getting in it (I'd probably be more sanguine about it if that Wolverine was replaced with a regular ML figure, and I'd almost definitely make the jump if that figure was Spiral). I'm going to roll the dice on getting Longshot and Dazzler solo.
I think people here have and are capable of empathy... but the people complaining about the prices and how much Legends "suck" for this price, or the repeated claim that they are "out" of collecting Legends only to constantly reappear and complain....

Its not the most graceful way to garner sympathy for yourself. There may be some pity... for sure... but not the reason they were aiming for.
BAT
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 20, 2022 9:47 am

Parintachin73 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:03 am
BAT wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:42 am
@#$%ing Mezco pricing up in here...
Not yet but it’s definitely getting there. Mezco would charge $350-400 for this set. I thought about their FF set but I couldn’t do it
Maybe, but at that pricepoint you'd get a bunch of extra heads and hands for all included characters and lots of high quality accessories (the FF set is a good example). This more stripped down offering at a yet still high price feels like what Mezco might charge without all those figure extras but when they put your figure in a lunch pail with a keychain and a deck of cards or some [email protected] and then jack the price. At any rate, the pricepoint's a far cry from what Hasbro felt entitled to even a year ago.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:59 am

Turns out this set is $300aud from Australian sellers.

This hobby is expensive but I want the set.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”