Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Louisgod
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Set

Thu May 19, 2022 6:36 pm

Lucid Silverback esq. wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:26 pm
$130.00 before shipping and tax? Ridiculous.
Should be well under $100.00. Complete pass. And I looooove me some X-Men. Sad.
Welcome to the new world of collecting, where you now pay an extra premium for both blocks of plastic and "con exclusives".

It was a very easy decision for me since the set looks great, pre-ordered without hesitation despite the high price.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:37 pm

Lucid Silverback esq. wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:26 pm
$130.00 before shipping and tax? Ridiculous.
Should be well under $100.00. Complete pass. And I looooove me some X-Men. Sad.
Honestly, I think the price is going to scare off some people. I'm surprised there is no order limit in the html source code which makes me think they are going to be made to order for a December release. If that is the case, these will probably be started at the factories very soon.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 pm

TFitz wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:34 pm
They said Mojo has more POA than any figure they've made

That's a lame technicality, and even they admitted that it's because each of his legs has three joints and each probably counts as two points with both hinging and rotation. Which is an improvement from Toy Biz I think--I don't have it but I've heard those legs aren't articulated at all, or maybe at only one joint per leg, I forget.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:46 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
TFitz wrote:

That's a lame technicality, and even they admitted that it's because each of his legs has three joints. Which is an improvement from Toy Biz I think--I don't have it but I've heard those legs aren't articulated at all, or maybe at only one joint per leg, I forget.

Are the realities of design, production, and assembly lame technicalities? Yes, the majority of the articulation comes from the 8 legs but those legs still requires more individual molds, more material, and more assembly than a run-of-the-mill figure. That all increases costs.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu May 19, 2022 6:47 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
TFitz wrote:

That's a lame technicality, and even they admitted that it's because each of his legs has three joints and each probably counts as two points with both hinging and rotation. Which is an improvement from Toy Biz I think--I don't have it but I've heard those legs aren't articulated at all, or maybe at only one joint per leg, I forget.
Old Mojo has articulation just where it attaches to the base. I still have mine on display, as I must have a Mojo. :lol: I'm hoping this one's legs are stronger, but I doubt they will be. I have a clear tupperware under my old one to set him up higher.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:48 pm

Mighty expensive, but both Longshot & Mojo are must haves for me.

Overall the set looks really good!
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:51 pm

Id feel better about the price if it was spiral and not another dazzler.

Happy to have the set either way. I love longshot. It would be a fun set to imagine picking up at a convention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:52 pm

I'm just gonna wait til they get released individually. Except Dazzler, I have no need for that look and I already have the retro carded one anyways. I'm pretty confident that my patience will pay off, as a deluxe release Mojo and a BAF wave Longshot will cost me significantly less money than this set.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 pm

If this set was retail it would peg-warm hard. I love the Mojo, but Dazzler has always peg-warmed, Longshot is mostly unknown and would peg-warm like Shatterstar did, and Mojo is even less well-known than MODOK which didn't go out at retail much but was available discounted online for quite a while.

Last year's Elvis MODOK con exclusive is STILL available on Pulse. That one is less desirable than this one, but I will be surprised if it doesn't sit around for order on Pulse for quite a while. Or maybe they truly are making them to order to some degree since there are no ordering limits in the code and production will be fairly limited, hard to tell.

Prior to 2021 the con exclusives were VERY hard to get with extremely limited quantities available. That changed somewhat with the Hellfire Club set which had two online runs that were both pretty large, but that was a very high-demand set so both times it sold out relatively quickly. Prior to that con exclusives would sell out in minutes. So who knows, they could revert to more limited quantities at any time.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

seditionary wrote:
I still like my Toybiz Spiral, but I'm dying to see what Hasbro can do now with the pinless tech and other updated female body work they've done. Spiral should be phenomenal.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:59 pm

TFitz wrote:
seditionary wrote:
I still like my Toybiz Spiral, but I'm dying to see what Hasbro can do now with the pinless tech and other updated female body work they've done. Spiral should be phenomenal.
Spiral was only ever made by Hasbro, part of the Red Hulk BAF wave.
GrumpyMatt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:01 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:59 pm
TFitz wrote:
seditionary wrote:
Spiral was only ever made by Hasbro, part of the Red Hulk BAF wave.
It was so long ago it just feels like it was Toybiz ...
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:02 pm

OK now I'm seeing an order limit in the code...guess they just didn't enter it at first. They set a limit of 11,250 and have sold 6,299.
Mac10
I wish I had super powers

Thu May 19, 2022 7:06 pm

The same price as a wave + BAF? for 2 figures and a BAF and one of them is a pretty lame redo (i'm not counting the Wolverine thing as thats not a proper figure) seems a bit on the high side to say the least, certainly priced me out of the running.

I'm glad in a way that the reveals were a bit meh (IMO) apart from Firelord, which will be my only purchase from what has been shown.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 pm

Super pumped for Mojo. The Toybiz one is too small, and the gray plastic has a tendency to yellow. This was the very last “filler” piece I had from Toybiz and I am 100% happy to finally get rid of it to help offset the cost of this set.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”