How do We Convince Target to Stop Stocking Solid Cases?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: How do We Convince Target to Stop Stocking Solid Cases?

Mon May 09, 2022 1:34 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 1:12 am
Good job you guys! You did it! You convinced Target to stop stocking solid cases!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 09, 2022 2:10 am

Maybe Target got tired of all the empty shelf space Hasbro constantly leaves in their aisles and decided to put something else in it?

There were still some pegs today, but across two Targets and one Walmart I saw two Americas and two Mordos - and that was IT for Legends.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 09, 2022 3:19 am

1 Target near me did do away with theirs, but the rest still have them. Hoping they at least continue online fulfillment
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Mon May 09, 2022 12:48 pm

Yep all my Targets have removed the tags for ML as well. This happened at Walmart 5 or 6 years ago. 6 months, maybe a year later they were back.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 09, 2022 12:56 pm

Sgt. Stinky wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:48 pm
Yep all my Targets have removed the tags for ML as well. This happened at Walmart 5 or 6 years ago. 6 months, maybe a year later they were back.

Target did a reset about two months ago. For years they've done four resets per year each spaced out by three to four months, and the next one is due in June or July. If they actually did a reset between resets to change the planograms in all of these stores where people are saying there are no Legends pegs then that's a first. Not sure I buy it.
DanMan
Avengers Assemble

Mon May 09, 2022 7:42 pm

The two Targets I frequent both had the new plan with no Legends; mostly role-play and Titan Heroes figures in the Marvel section. Dr. Strange figures were shifted to the clearance endcap, but not marked down. Not a great sign for the upcoming X-Men wave or Thor: Love and Thunder. I guess it's possible that they go to the collector section or redo the plan in a few weeks/months
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 09, 2022 7:47 pm

My Target removed all the Eternals (never went to clearance), plus the remaining figures from the Strange wave along with Hammerhead and Reilly. Only Defender Strange remained. I went to a Target about an hour and a half away, they had Eternals on clearance, a couple of figures from the Strange wave and Defender Strange at 30% off. I don't know if this means anything. I don't understand why my local removed those retro Spidey figures.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 09, 2022 7:52 pm

Eternals, Strange, & Spidey Retros are all on clearance at my store. The ML pegs have been gone for a few weeks now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 09, 2022 8:11 pm

I should add that my Target has the basic figures from the new Thor movie, but with the new closed packaging.
Quasimodo27
HULK SMASH!

Wed May 25, 2022 8:32 pm

My target got rid of the legends pegs as well. The only legends they have now are a couple of dr stranges on a clearance end cap.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Thu May 26, 2022 1:57 am

So this thread actually worked?
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu May 26, 2022 2:21 am

Well now we have to start another thread...
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 2:26 pm

If Target doesn't have an endcap or other display for the ML L & T figures by the time the movie comes out, I'll be pretty shocked. It really doesn't seem plausible to me that Target would ditch MLs but still keep stocking the Black Series and Fortnite lines.

OTOH just because Target continues to get exclusives doesn't mean much, its not like Walgreens is stocking ML waves these days
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:07 am

Yeah all the Target's as well as Walmart's did away with all 6 inch Legends. All I see is the 3 inch retro Legends and the roleplay stuff. So will the Target and Walmart exclusives being released later this year be strictly online orders?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:35 pm

blackcomicnerd wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:07 am
Yeah all the Target's as well as Walmart's did away with all 6 inch Legends. All I see is the 3 inch retro Legends and the roleplay stuff. So will the Target and Walmart exclusives being released later this year be strictly online orders?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Things aren't quite as dire at the WM in my neck of the woods, I've seen bits of L & T wave at two different WM and all the WM I've been to at least have the $24.95 tags up on the pegs for the wave. Most still have remnants of Eternals and MoM hanging around. Basically all mcu figs at the moment

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”