2022 Black Panther - Wakanda Forever waves

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Black Panther - Wakanda Forever waves

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:49 pm

I got Black Panther yesterday. This is my first experience with the Vulcan body and it's phenomenal.

I would've liked a lower ab crunch and a diaphragm joint instead of the traditional ab crunch, but it's hard to nitpick. According to BP's stats, he's too small for this body, but he's one of the few characters where I don't mind that. He's always been nearly Captain America-sized in my mind's eye.

This is my favorite Legend since at least Ultron. He's incredibly well-balanced and can hit every pose I want. Bravo, Hasbro.

I almost never mod my figures because I assume I'll replace them with a better version within a few years. I might go back on that here. I love the Jack Kirby-style costume with modern flairs. I may use Uncle Robo's drybrushing guide and make this thing my own.
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:52 pm

I think I fixed it. There is another poster out there that shows Okoye wearing the armor that Aneka wears as well. And it looks like Aneka is wearing the regular Dora attire.

As much as I want to see Romanda and Namora first. I wouldn't mind Aneka in her blue armor with some alternate heads if other Dora will be wearing this.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:53 pm

yeah I'd bet on that Aneka happening in the next year.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:04 pm

So... earlier this year I gave up collecting MCU figures - space constraints the primary issue, saving money a nice bonus - but being an enormous Black Panther fan I ordered this entire wave anyway. Out of habit or respect, or whatever. I also quite liked the look of the BAF Attuma in pictures, so went with it. Got it delivered on Friday and have to say - I'm thinking of sending them back - aside from comic BP and Hatut Zeraze, of course. In hand I realize, there isn't even a movie Black Panther figure in the set and the film aesthetic just doesn't move me. I'm still stoked to see the movie and I do like the interpretation of Namor and Attuma with the Aztec influences... but I guess not even figures from a movie I know I'm going to love aren't doing it for me any longer. So that's $100+ I can apply to the next wave of stuff I suppose.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:57 pm

Dug out the necklace and de-powered head from the purple-highlights comic-style Walmart exclusive BP from a few years back and tossed them on my second T’Challa from this wave:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:17 pm

aceofknaves wrote:Dug out the necklace and de-powered head from the purple-highlights comic-style Walmart exclusive BP from a few years back and tossed them on my second T’Challa from this wave:

That’s awesome! Looks very much like modern Black Panther to me from the Avengers, etc.

Popoman
CROM?

Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:28 pm

Only ordered Black Panther from this wave. He hit my pile of loot but I'll be waiting for a while, I can sense a bunch of pre-orders arriving soon.

I have the retro Black Panther, which I really like, but this one will be replacing it.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:20 pm

It would be funny if the character at the end of the new trailer (what follows is speculation)
Spoiler! :
is only ONE of the people who suit up in the movie as a Black Panther, and we do get another wave in a year with her and a few others. Maybe even Ramonda (not as a BP, just a figure in general).
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:24 pm

If this movie makes what the first one did, I bet a 2nd wave is def in the cards for it. Like we seem to be getting for NWH.

Still waiting on MoM Wanda that said!
XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:41 pm

We're getting MoM Wanda, they pretty much confirmed it in a recent livestream.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:47 pm

e-rock wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:33 pm
Having issues keeping Attuma's arms in the torso.
Nice to know I'm not the only one! I spent way more time than I should have last night trying to get the arms to stay in. Managed to get them to stay, but almost any movement pops them right back out. Tried all the tricks I could think of, short of sticking some putty or paper or something in there. Figured there must have been something wrong with me! :D
MLNUT
Yells At Clouds

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:33 am

Just saw a review on the comic Black Panther in this wave. Why are his gloves/boots gray instead of a blue? Another modern take?
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:46 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:20 pm
It would be funny if the character at the end of the new trailer (what follows is speculation)
Spoiler! :
is only ONE of the people who suit up in the movie as a Black Panther, and we do get another wave in a year with her and a few others. Maybe even Ramonda (not as a BP, just a figure in general).
Spoiler! :
I thought about that too. Or even if the new BP is made to look like its Shuri to throw us and characters off in the story. But Lego having her unmasked kinda kills that idea. I'm already open to the idea of collecting multiple variants to have a kick ass Secret Wars display. But to have multiple Panthers from Earth 616 alone is chaotic haha. This is all speaking as a collector. Now, as a viewer I'm all for it. As long as I get Romanda they can make as many BPs as they want.
Shoretrooper69
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:36 am

Nakia is still my favorite so far. I don't care if it's just a dive suit. It looks great.

Has anybody tried whittling down Namor's neck peg? I think I could live with the rest of the body sculpt if his head sat lower on the neck.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:24 am

XMenLegacy wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:41 pm
We're getting MoM Wanda, they pretty much confirmed it in a recent livestream.
Ooh which livestream!?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”