2022 Black Panther - Wakanda Forever waves

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Black Panther - Wakanda Forever waves

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:56 pm

There is, however - a Funko.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:01 pm

Right.
Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:54 pm
A new Funko figure gives a (sorta) better look at the new Black Panther.
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:09 pm

yeah.... yeah - that's pretty conclusive.

I just hope it looks convincing in the film.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:24 pm

Enforcer wrote:

Same.
Spoiler! :
She isn't my first choice. In fact, she'd be, I guess, my fourth choice? But if that's the way they're going, and assuming they stick with her rather than just some interim role, I trust they'll do their best for her to earn the role, narratively speaking. I do like how they tied it with her battle look in the first movie/endgame. That actually made me feel better about it.
Either way.... almost definitely getting the Legends figure of that look.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:29 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Same.
Spoiler! :
She isn't my first choice. In fact, she'd be, I guess, my fourth choice? But if that's the way they're going, and assuming they stick with her rather than just some interim role, I trust they'll do their best for her to earn the role, narratively speaking. I do like how they tied it with her battle look in the first movie/endgame. That actually made me feel better about it.
Yeah, me too.
Spoiler! :
Hopefully she put on a bit of muscle, because her very thin frame in a suit would look funny. And hopefully they don't try a Taskmaster-type approach (clearly a man in a suit until it's a very bulked up suit on a woman for the reveal.)

I've seen in reviews that recasting t'Challa wasn't an option so close to Boseman's death - I'd like for that still to be an option over time. I suspect the amount of fanfare t'Challa's death will get in Wakanda Forever would make any sort of revival with a new actor even more controversial and cheapen whatever impact the new movie aims to have. If it's poorly received, maybe they will rethink it.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:42 pm

Spoiler! :
I believe there were set pics of her looking a little bulkier. The production had a lot of issues though and took a long time to wrap. But even in the trailer, she still looks lean but you can see in some shots she has more definition.

And yeah, I'm hoping/betting they planned to have this movie be at least somewhat cathartic for the audience. I wouldn't have hated if they'd recast T'Challa, but I was certainly more of the 'too soon' view. I get he's a character that's bigger than the actor, and it wouldn't surprise me if Boseman himself would have preferred they recast, knowing how significant the character was for the audience. But part of me really wants WF to be part of the grieving process. Probably the end of it I guess. I could even imagine a recast (that's introduced really well) being a part of that process in the end.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:39 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Same.
Spoiler! :

Sigh.
Spoiler! :
With Letitia Wright's penchant for saying stupid things, I had hoped for someone else.

Also, Lupita Nyong'o is wonderful and she's right there. Give her something interesting to do!
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:39 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Same.
Spoiler! :

Sigh.
Spoiler! :
With Letitia Wright's penchant for saying stupid things, I had hoped for someone else.

Also, Lupita Nyong'o is wonderful and she's right there. Give her something interesting to do!
First I wanted to point out I left out "I", meaning "I will almost definitely get that figure", but it works either way.

Secondly, same here.
Spoiler! :
I just saw Little Monsters last week for the first time, and Lupita is just wonderful in it. She's great with the kids, but they give her a little bit of action business which she handles perfectly. She's also just fantastic as far as acting. Lots of really great little choices she makes with her performances, usually with her eyes. Definitely enough charisma to head the franchise for me.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:33 pm

That is depressing. Not unexpected, but depressing all the same.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Is there confirmation attuma doesn’t have the black torso?

I think the new black panther design looks pretty great, is the rumoured figure an exclusive or deluxe?

I’m definitely pretty pumped for this film i hope
if it does well it will get a second wave with other characters like Namora, Aneka, & a rerelease of the Dora Milaje
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:20 am

Movie Namor! Now with helmet splitting action!!!

Took a video of it but not sure how to post one via Tapatalk. Also, there’s an Attuma with similar feature.
Spiderman91
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:05 am

This wave has hit Australia!

Popcultcha has in stock and in store - and they have 20% off so they’re a whopping $36 each! Which is unfortunately a great price for aussies these days for a new release!
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 pm

I like Popcultcha, though it's been years since I ordered from them. For a while they were great for finding NECA figures that had been sold out for years everywhere else and still at smp.
XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:15 pm

Yeah, I'm gonna need M'Baku in his new suit:

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:35 pm

It's definitely really cool. I'm gonna stick with the first one though, but if they'd had that figure in the wave rather than Ross or someone, I definitely never would have spent so much time fretting over the target exclusive one.

Hopefully, for a few reasons, the movie is another runaway hit, and they do another surprise second wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”