Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:30 am

Hello, everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry I haven't posted here much lately, things have been busy on my end.

First of all, Ru_1977 wins the day for the Scrooged gif! I love that movie so much and it's so under-appreciated.

Second of all, I'll give my two cents on what we've learned from the Rektangular reveals (though keep in mind two cents is worth much more than my opinions are, but bare with me). Also, this is pretty much what I said over on ToyArk just added and rephrased a bit.

- The Spider-Man reveals are disappointing for me. We get two movie Spidey waves, one modern comic wave, and no Retro figures? Really, Hasbro? It also makes the 'No Way Home' three pack meaningless by giving us the three Spideys sold separately with the civilian heads, which is definitely a Hasbro move. I'm also disappointed that Electro is left off of the No Way Home wave, yet Sandman and Matt Murdock make the cut. Electro's characterization was upgraded significantly in 'No Way Home' than his portrayal in TASM2. I hate the current Spider-Man comics and hate what Marvel did to Ben, so the figures of Ben Reilly's Spidey and Chasm are a hard pass. While it's nice to get figures of a much-needed updated Tarantula and a new figure for the Rose, I'm bummed we're not getting at least one classic A-list Spidey foe (at least that we know of) for 2023. I'll also get the Tobey Maguire Spidey figure and will likely get the No Way Home Doc Ock too if he's not too overpriced. I hope this leads to a comic-version Deluxe figure for Doc Ock in 2024 with the bendable wire tentacles, either a classic green-and-orange update on a new, improved body mold or a long-awaited white Armani suit version.

Also, as I asked on ToyArk, does anyone know what the December 2022/January 2023 wave for Spider-Man will be, or is the Into The Spider-Verse wave in April the next Spidey wave? 2022 left me incredibly underwhelmed by what we ended up getting with Spider-Man figures and 2023, if this list is true, is going to do that again for me.

- It's curious we don't know what the Retro wave will be and I'm wondering how Hasbro will handle Retro waves now that they're doing the plastic-free packaging I hate. Iron Man's 60th anniversary is next year and we got a Retro War Machine, so I'm assuming Iron Man will be the Retro wave if we get one. We'll see what Hasbro does. I'm also disappointed we are not getting a Fantastic Four wave, despite the Franklin and Valeria Richards two-pack leaked.

- The Avengers reveals seem promising, though I'm curious as to which version of the Hulk is paired with Bruce Banner (and I really hope it's a classic 616 comic-based Bruce Banner too) and which version of Thor gets paired with the Destroyer. It's also confusing to me that Hasbro skipped making an 80th anniversary wave for Captain America in 2021, but we're getting an out-of-the-blue Ultimate Captain America wave next year. Also, even though I don't care for the Bucky version of Captain America, making Bucky Cap a Wal-Mart exclusive is a baffling choice. Then again, I was confused and disappointed that that's what Hasbro did for the Lizard figure this year. I also don't buy the Hawkeye and Sky Cycle news just yet given all the past leaks and teases, but if it's true, I'm definitely buying it! Also, with the Captain Marvel/Doctor Doom two-pack, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Kirby crackle" energy effects accessories for Doom's hands!

- I'm not surprised we're getting a blue-and-yellow Banshee figure before the green-and-yellow suit or that Avalanche didn't make the cut again. That said, I'm looking forward to the figures for Blob, Astonishing Cyclops and White Queen, Monet and Chamber. With Outback Rogue revealed, hopefully that leads to more figures, like an Outback black-and-yellow suit Storm. I'd also love more Generation X figures like Banshee, Skin and Jubilee. Also, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the X-Men '97 figures don't have that awful cel-shading. If they do, I'm skipping those figures.

- I have no interest in the M.C.U. and Disney Plus waves, with the sole exception of Agatha Harkness. That said, after seeing figures listed like Molecule Man and the Monica Rambeau version of Captain Marvel, I hope this means Hasbro will give us a new Retro "Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars" wave in 2024 for the comic series' 40th anniversary. It'd be a great way to get new figures like Captain America without holes in his shield, a Jim Rhodes version of Iron Man, an updated '70s blue suit Cyclops with an optic blast, '80s green-and-white suit Rogue, Colossus, green-and-purple suit Wasp, the previously-mentioned green-and-orange suit Doc Ock with bendy tentacles, the Absorbing Man, Titania, Magneto, Volcana, and the Wrecking Crew.

- It's odd we're getting a M.C.U. Matt Murdock and an Elektra version of Daredevil, but no Matt as Daredevil figure (maybe yellow suit M.C.U. Daredevil is the unknown M.C.U./Disney+ wave figure?). Then again, Daredevil's 60th anniversary is in 2024, so maybe we'll see an updated classic red costume comic Daredevil figure then? Also, 2024 also is the 30th anniversary year for "Spider-Man: The Animated Series", so maybe we'll see some (hopefully non-cel-shaded) new figures for that series in 2024?

Thanks for reading my rant. I hope you all are having a great night and have a wonderful week. Stay safe, everyone.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:45 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:I gotta say, as cool as most of Rek's dump is, I'm incredibly skeptical he recieved an entire year+ from now's list, down to who's exactly in the waves.

Even the ant-man wave which has to be coming early of next year seems a bit bogus to me between a 3rd ultron within a relatively small time frame for legends, to egg head and no Cassie.

The timing of his dates seem a bit off too, anniversary stuff has always been Q3 not Q4 and its really bizarre to know Q3 and Q4 2023 stuff when it just hit Q3 2022..

If true, this would be the earliest leaks ever

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don’t think he’s been wrong on anything really in the past, though. Maybe an individual figure has been shifted out of a wave, but his leaks generally have happened. He never knows the exact costumes for most characters or the BAFs, though.

As for the anniversary programs for next year for the X-Men and Avengers, it makes sense Hasbro is splitting it up probably by six months. It would be too much product on shelves at retailers and too much for most collectors to buy if it all dropped next August like the special anniversary programs typically do. There are like 20 individual SKUs (and that’s not counting all the MCU and comic BAF waves that will be out as well).

X-Men will be early in the year, and Avengers will take the late summer/early fall time frame since Hasbro started the program in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hes actually been getting things more wrong (and when not, late) lately. Things fwooshers have leaked months prior .

We've also never seen the fall anniversary stuff budge, despite other anniversaries getting nods earlier in the year. So I really don't think it will be Q4.

The xmen anniversary stuff seems fairly limited. And not a 10 set release like we usually get , it appears limited to the training suit 3 packs, blob, and the box set. The baf waves seem "normal"

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:52 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:Hello, everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry I haven't posted here much lately, things have been busy on my end.

First of all, Ru_1977 wins the day for the Scrooged gif! I love that movie so much and it's so under-appreciated.

Second of all, I'll give my two cents on what we've learned from the Rektangular reveals (though keep in mind two cents is worth much more than my opinions are, but bare with me). Also, this is pretty much what I said over on ToyArk just added and rephrased a bit.

- The Spider-Man reveals are disappointing for me. We get two movie Spidey waves, one modern comic wave, and no Retro figures? Really, Hasbro? It also makes the 'No Way Home' three pack meaningless by giving us the three Spideys sold separately with the civilian heads, which is definitely a Hasbro move. I'm also disappointed that Electro is left off of the No Way Home wave, yet Sandman and Matt Murdock make the cut. Electro's characterization was upgraded significantly in 'No Way Home' than his portrayal in TASM2. I hate the current Spider-Man comics and hate what Marvel did to Ben, so the figures of Ben Reilly's Spidey and Chasm are a hard pass. While it's nice to get figures of a much-needed updated Tarantula and a new figure for the Rose, I'm bummed we're not getting at least one classic A-list Spidey foe (at least that we know of) for 2023. I'll also get the Tobey Maguire Spidey figure and will likely get the No Way Home Doc Ock too if he's not too overpriced. I hope this leads to a comic-version Deluxe figure for Doc Ock in 2024 with the bendable wire tentacles, either a classic green-and-orange update on a new, improved body mold or a long-awaited white Armani suit version.

Also, as I asked on ToyArk, does anyone know what the December 2022/January 2023 wave for Spider-Man will be, or is the Into The Spider-Verse wave in April the next Spidey wave? 2022 left me incredibly underwhelmed by what we ended up getting with Spider-Man figures and 2023, if this list is true, is going to do that again for me.

- It's curious we don't know what the Retro wave will be and I'm wondering how Hasbro will handle Retro waves now that they're doing the plastic-free packaging I hate. Iron Man's 60th anniversary is next year and we got a Retro War Machine, so I'm assuming Iron Man will be the Retro wave if we get one. We'll see what Hasbro does. I'm also disappointed we are not getting a Fantastic Four wave, despite the Franklin and Valeria Richards two-pack leaked.

- The Avengers reveals seem promising, though I'm curious as to which version of the Hulk is paired with Bruce Banner (and I really hope it's a classic 616 comic-based Bruce Banner too) and which version of Thor gets paired with the Destroyer. It's also confusing to me that Hasbro skipped making an 80th anniversary wave for Captain America in 2021, but we're getting an out-of-the-blue Ultimate Captain America wave next year. Also, even though I don't care for the Bucky version of Captain America, making Bucky Cap a Wal-Mart exclusive is a baffling choice. Then again, I was confused and disappointed that that's what Hasbro did for the Lizard figure this year. I also don't buy the Hawkeye and Sky Cycle news just yet given all the past leaks and teases, but if it's true, I'm definitely buying it! Also, with the Captain Marvel/Doctor Doom two-pack, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Kirby crackle" energy effects accessories for Doom's hands!

- I'm not surprised we're getting a blue-and-yellow Banshee figure before the green-and-yellow suit or that Avalanche didn't make the cut again. That said, I'm looking forward to the figures for Blob, Astonishing Cyclops and White Queen, Monet and Chamber. With Outback Rogue revealed, hopefully that leads to more figures, like an Outback black-and-yellow suit Storm. I'd also love more Generation X figures like Banshee, Skin and Jubilee. Also, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the X-Men '97 figures don't have that awful cel-shading. If they do, I'm skipping those figures.

- I have no interest in the M.C.U. and Disney Plus waves, with the sole exception of Agatha Harkness. That said, after seeing figures listed like Molecule Man and the Monica Rambeau version of Captain Marvel, I hope this means Hasbro will give us a new Retro "Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars" wave in 2024 for the comic series' 40th anniversary. It'd be a great way to get new figures like Captain America without holes in his shield, a Jim Rhodes version of Iron Man, an updated '70s blue suit Cyclops with an optic blast, '80s green-and-white suit Rogue, Colossus, green-and-purple suit Wasp, the previously-mentioned green-and-orange suit Doc Ock with bendy tentacles, the Absorbing Man, Titania, Magneto, Volcana, and the Wrecking Crew.

- It's odd we're getting a M.C.U. Matt Murdock and an Elektra version of Daredevil, but no Matt as Daredevil figure (maybe yellow suit M.C.U. Daredevil is the unknown M.C.U./Disney+ wave figure?). Then again, Daredevil's 60th anniversary is in 2024, so maybe we'll see an updated classic red costume comic Daredevil figure then? Also, 2024 also is the 30th anniversary year for "Spider-Man: The Animated Series", so maybe we'll see some (hopefully non-cel-shaded) new figures for that series in 2024?

Thanks for reading my rant. I hope you all are having a great night and have a wonderful week. Stay safe, everyone.
Well they have to shift away from spidey retro and give it a break some time... we've still only gotten 1 xmen retro wave, and we need room for more F4, xforce, and full waves for ironman and ghostrider hopefully, eventually.

He also seems to think for some reason the spider-verse 2 stuff is retro carded.. which makes zero sense.

For how long the guy has been doing this i wish he's sound less like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about reading off a list , and maybe idk... put a little opinion and thought into what the listings mean.

He's got incorrect info before and has mixed things up before as well. You'd think at the very least with some situations he'd be like "this seems odd or not right to me, but we will see what happens"

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:29 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:52 am
Well they have to shift away from spidey retro and give it a break some time... we've still only gotten 1 xmen retro wave, and we need room for more F4, xforce, and full waves for ironman and ghostrider hopefully, eventually.

He also seems to think for some reason the spider-verse 2 stuff is retro carded.. which makes zero sense.

For how long the guy has been doing this i wish he's sound less like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about reading off a list , and maybe idk... put a little opinion and thought into what the listings mean.

He's got incorrect info before and has mixed things up before as well. You'd think at the very least with some situations he'd be like "this seems odd or not right to me, but we will see what happens"

I get it, I really do. Everyone needs a turn for Retro figures and it makes sense to give Spider-Man a break. I'm excited about a possible Iron Man Retro wave. We got those Retro figures of Scarlet Witch, Vision, Loki, etc. earlier this year. The Hulk especially needs a Retro wave (and more Marvel Legends figures in general, especially since Hasbro skipped his 60th anniversary -- and Thor's and Ant-Man's -- this year). That said, I guess I just was excited to see what a third Retro Spider-Man wave would be like after the two previous great ones that Hasbro gave us and was hoping that would be in the works. It could still be, since the leaks could turn out to be wrong. Time will tell.

Also, if these leaks do turn out to be real, I'll go on ahead and toss out some names of characters I hope that we get to see made in 2024. And I'll spoiler tag them to keep this on-topic.
Spoiler! :
AVENGERS - Captain America (classic with alternate smiling head and a shield without holes in it), Constrictor (classic), Count Nefaria (classic), Falcon (classic red suit with Redwing figurine), Hawkeye (West Coast '90s uniform), Iron Man (Heroes Return armor), Loki (green-and-yellow suit with yellow cape), Ms. Marvel (classic Carol Danvers), Triathlon (classic), Wasp (classic red-and-black suit with "shrunken" Wasp figurine), and Wonder Man (West Coast black-and-red suit).

FANTASTIC FOUR - Annihilus (classic), Human Torch (with alternate Jim Hammond head), Invisible Woman (1995 F.F. suit), Mole Man (classic), She-Hulk (Fantastic Four uniform), Thing (with removable trench-coat, hat and sunglasses), the Wizard (classic), and an Alicia Masters and Puppet Master two-pack.

HULK - First appearance Grey Hulk, General "Thunderbolt" Ross, Rick Jones (Legendary Riders with motorcycle), Ringmaster (classic), Tyrannus (classic), the Leader (in orange-and-black suit with the "Jiffy Pop" brain head sculpt), Doc Samson ('80s red suit), She-Hulk (purple-and-white suit), Merged Hulk in brown jumpsuit (Deluxe with alternate heads and hands), and Immortal Hulk (Deluxe with alternate savage Hulk head).

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS - Anyone will do, really. I hope we'll see updated versions of the main eight (Captain America, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Iron Man, Kang, Magneto, Spider-Man and Wolverine, respectively) and new figures for characters like the Hulk (as a Deluxe release), Rogue, Cyclops (with an optic blast), Wasp (in green-and-purple costume), Beyonder powered Doctor Doom, the Absorbing Man, Titania, Volcana, and/or any of the Wrecking Crew.

SPIDER-MAN - Spider-Man (John Romita Sr. suit with the correct chest spider emblem, alternate Peter Parker head and wavy-lines "spider-sense" accessory), Aunt May Parker (classic), Chameleon (classic), Doctor Octopus (Deluxe green-and-orange costume on a new updated body mold or white Armani suit version - with new head sculpts, new alternate heads and glasses, and new bendable wire tentacles included), Mysterio (classic suit with new helmet and cape, alternate Quentin Beck civilian head, and alternate hands), Mary Jane Watson (classic first appearance clothes with removable jacket), Boomerang (purple-and-blue costume), Jack O'Lantern (classic Retro with hovercraft and grenades), Firestar ('90s suit with jacket), Scarlet Spider (classic with alternate Ben Reilly head), Kaine (classic), Stunner (classic red-and-black costume), and Octo-Spidey (with bendable wire tentacles).

SPIDER-MAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (and non cel-shaded, please) - Anyone will do. Spider-Man (red-and-blue suit on a taller body mold), Spider-Man (black costume), Peter Parker (season 2 clothes), Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane Watson, Felicia Hardy, the Chameleon, the Vulture, Doctor Octopus (with bendable wire tentacles), the Lizard, Mysterio (with alternate Quentin Beck head), the Green Goblin (with animated series accurate Goblin Glider and removable Time-Dialation Accelerator accessory for him to wear), Kraven the Hunter, the Rhino (Deluxe), the Shocker, the Hobgoblin (that actually looks like the animated series in terms of the figure and Glider), Madame Web (Deluxe), Venom, Carnage and Spider-Carnage. I'd also like to see Rocket Racer, the Spot and the Kragov version of Electro.

X-MEN - Avalanche (classic), Banshee (classic green-and-yellow suit), Colossus ('90s Jim Lee/Gold Team costume), Cyclops ('70s suit with optic blast), Cyclops ('90s Jim Lee/Blue Team costume with an optic blast), Dark Phoenix (classic), Jean Grey ('90s Jim Lee/Gold Team costume), Jubilee (Generation X suit with alternate smiling head and fireworks blasts), Mystique (classic), Pyro (classic with repainted suit colors), Sabretooth ('90s Jim Lee costume), Skin (Generation X suit), Storm (black-and-yellow Outback suit), and White Queen (classic). I'd also like to see blue-and-yellow X-Men suit Wolverine, Astonishing suit Wolverine, and/or a classic brown-and-tan suit Wolverine re-do with the X on the belt buckle.

Also, if they turn out not to get made in 2023, I hope we'll see sold-separately figures of classic Thor with brighter suit colors, 616 classic Dr. Robert Bruce Banner, classic green savage Hulk with better hair and face sculpts, and green suit Sersi. Since we don't know which version of Thor is going to be with Destroyer, which versions of Hulk and Bruce Banner are in the two-pack, and which suit they'll give Sersi, I've listed them just in case.
Thanks for your attention. I hope that you all have a wonderful week and stay safe, everyone.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:49 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Awesome, thank you so much. I always err on the side of Bill Murray.
effigy
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:45 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Hello, everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Sorry I haven't posted here much lately, things have been busy on my end.

Why A list Spider-Man villain is there even left to do at this point? Cation and Vermin might be the biggest names at this point, and they aren’t A-Listers.

Red suited Daredevil is my biggest want. It could come in 2024 but I’m hoping it’s in the Marvel Knights wave.
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 am

effigy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:45 am
Why A list Spider-Man villain is there even left to do at this point? Cation and Vermin might be the biggest names at this point, and they aren’t A-Listers.

Red suited Daredevil is my biggest want. It could come in 2024 but I’m hoping it’s in the Marvel Knights wave.
I can think of a few:

- Chameleon (any version - smoking jacket, purple suit, etc.)
- Vulture (classic update on Retro card or young armored suit version)
- Doctor Octopus (green-and-orange redo on a better body mold or white Armani suit, with bendy wire tentacles for either)
- Sandman (green armored Frightful Four suit or green-and-yellow Wild Pack era suit)
- Mysterio (Clone Saga suit or Danny Berkhart suit)
- Green Goblin (first appearance with broomstick, or update with alternate Harry Osborn head)
- Kraven the Hunter (classic with brighter suit colors)
- Scorpion (classic with stinger-less tail)
- Hobgoblin (classic comic costume with comic accurate glider and alternate heads)

Besides, let's face it - just because we have a Marvel Legends figure of, say, Sandman and Green Goblin in our collection, we all know Hasbro will be redoing all of those villains in a few years from now for new collectors to buy at the store price.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:42 am

Greatest unmade Spidey villain? Clearly - Aunt May. Our parental figures always leave the deepest scars.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:28 am

If any of you are on Instagram, go to Rektangular's page and read the responses under his Count from Sesame Street post. There's a little back and forth between him and Dan Yun regarding posting the leaks, and others join in and bring up a lot of issues. Definitely an interesting read.
LivingTribunal
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:26 am

Beamish wrote: If any of you are on Instagram, go to Rektangular's page and read the responses under his Count from Sesame Street post. There's a little back and forth between him and Dan Yun regarding posting the leaks, and others join in and bring up a lot of issues. Definitely an interesting read.
These leaks probably struck a nerve since many of them might’ve been revealed at Pulse Con later this week.

Well at least this probably means most if not all of his leaks are right on the money unless this is an intelligent red herring on Dan’s part. Honestly, now I’m scared they are not going to make some of these (looking at you Hawkeye with Sky Cycle) out of spite :lol:
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:23 am

Beamish wrote:If any of you are on Instagram, go to Rektangular's page and read the responses under his Count from Sesame Street post. There's a little back and forth between him and Dan Yun regarding posting the leaks, and others join in and bring up a lot of issues. Definitely an interesting read.
Thanks for pointing out that convo. Not a lot of sympathy for rek here - I’m happy to know what he found out, but it is ironic that he’s complaining about - I guess people stealing his content? He has to know that’s going to happen with information, and to Dan’s point it’s not original content to begin with so the complaints are a bit rich.

I guess I’m also a little over all the “fans” dunking on the ML team and Dan in particular since he’s so active online. Give ‘em hell Dan.
XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:48 am

H-bird wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:23 am
Thanks for pointing out that convo. Not a lot of sympathy for rek here - I’m happy to know what he found out, but it is ironic that he’s complaining about - I guess people stealing his content? He has to know that’s going to happen with information, and to Dan’s point it’s not original content to begin with so the complaints are a bit rich.

I guess I’m also a little over all the “fans” dunking on the ML team and Dan in particular since he’s so active online. Give ‘em hell Dan.
Agreed. Dan doesn't deserve this.

Dan, if you're reading this, thanks for all the effort from you and the team. And thanks for Agatha!
Bashbash99
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:17 pm

haven't paid any attention to the specific leaks (altho going to Rek's page made me see that a Starjammer is coming) but good on Dan for calling out Rek's hypocrisy over people stealing the "content he created". lol.

I guess at this point i don't really get the excitement in finding out a list of names a few weeks/months earlier than the official reveals, especially when we then still have to wait for like another year before the figure comes out. I know some people have mentioned liking to plan out their purchases but you really need that much lead time? Eh whatever, to each his own.

its kind of funny to see the love-hate relationship so many "collectors" seem to have with hasbro - nonstop complaints about every aspect of the line, but simply can't wait to find out what figures are coming out next year, or the following year, etc. guess that's human nature
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:27 pm

H-bird wrote:
Beamish wrote:If any of you are on Instagram, go to Rektangular's page and read the responses under his Count from Sesame Street post. There's a little back and forth between him and Dan Yun regarding posting the leaks, and others join in and bring up a lot of issues. Definitely an interesting read.

But is this really a case of people dunking on Dan? I'm not here to defend Rektangular, but Rektangular didn't say anything negative about Dan or his colleagues. His post isn't directed at Dan or anyone from the Legends team. Dan is the one who decided to interject himself by replying to the original post there. And much like some of his own tweets and posts recently, especially about the Hellcharger, his reply to Rektangular is pretty passive aggressive. That tone and attitude is rubbing people the wrong way and inviting a lot of these attacks.

We can't have it both ways. Defending Dan by saying that he isn't the one responsible for price hikes, that the real bad guys are some crusty old suits in an office somewhere, is perfectly reasonable. But then why would Dan interject with his jab at this collector when the Hasbro employee leaked the information in the first place is actually to blame?

Dan seems like a nice guy and all, but it's a little irksome how he embarked on this noticeable effort to buddy up to some of the community's more notable YouTube influencers right around the same time that Hasbro started jacking up their prices by 10, 20, 30% and using more and more sales and marketing tactics designed to take advantage of their devoted fans and loyal customers.

He put himself out there and made himself more accessible, but for better or worse, he's a representative of the company.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Ego is not just a planet.

Honestly I’m like Robo. These are but words. They mean just slightly more wish lists until renders or the plastic is shown.

I’ll be properly excited about Super Adaptoid when it’s shown by Hasbro.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”