Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Doober
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:50 pm

It's sad. I have a Excel file to keep track of what I have on order and from whom. Lately, I've been highlighting figures/assortments in red meaning I will wait to see if they go on sale. Never did that until this year. Not just ML, but SW Black series as well.

So for the new stuff shown today, I will be waiting.
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:52 pm

I was really hoping for some X-Men stuff or a tease of them completing more of the 90s Avengers. Very underwhelmed by all this Disney+ stuff, but I am excited to see that they finally developed a double hinge elbow arm for jacketed females & Wanda's hair looks like it'd make for an interesting Medusa hair on a smaller scale to depict it's movement without taking up a lot of shelf space

EDIT: just saw that her jacket arms are damaged/torn, but I mean... surely they'll start implementing a similar double-hinge elbow on future jacketed female releases?
ditko
Thread Killer

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 pm

Another completely forgettable set of reveals for me, but from Ryan's early comments and later reveals it's good to know X-Men '97 will be getting some dedicated figures I assume. Whenever that may be.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:18 pm

scribb wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:46 pm
Jonan wrote:Yeah, I'm sensing that we might be getting a new Dragon Man wherever that Turg head fits. Perhaps as the BaF for a new Spidey wave with Future Foundation Spider-Man? Maaaaaybe a new FF wave? Maybeeeee just a deluxe Dragon Man? Either way, I'll finally be able to get over the fact I foolishly sold my original nearly a decade ago. About time!
A 5-pack? Ryan shooshed Dwight about talking about the next 5-pack when they were discussing the Spider-Man one.
Ah, that's right! Hopefully, they show it off at Pulsecon, along with all of the Ghost Rider stuff, the last Walgreens villain/next theme, the Retro Iron Man wave, and some other comic goodness.

As many of us have echoed, only getting two (3 if ya count Spidey Retro) comic waves this year has been rough (we've only just now gotten Bonebreaker), and it sure feels like it's taking forever for Galactus and everything else on preorder to get here with the supply chain issues. These boxed sets and everything are fantastic, and are really giving us a lot of new characters we might not otherwise get, but the lack of actual waves/MCU emphasis feels brutal.

I won't hold my breath, but I could see them completing all of the most desired X-Men teams next year since it'll be their 60th and the entire team loves their mutants. Banshee, Feral, Wolfsbane, and Rachel Phoenix. C'mooooooon......almost thought they were going to reveal one of those after the Symbiote boxed set discussion.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:27 pm

christianpyro wrote:And talking about singles, I'm getting a little tired of the multipacks. It's a strategy for charging more, but prices are already so much more more expensive as is. I just can't justify the purchase. Loki with Tesseract, Spider-Man 5-pack, Venom 3-pack, etc. I may have bought one or two figures from each, but I am going to pass on all of them when I have to spend so much extra money on things I don't want.
It's one thing when they release an obscure character like Razorback in one of these mutlipacks - he's the only figure from this 5 pack I really want, but I'm not getting too upset about it because he's a REALLY minor character.

Its a totally different story when they release the pinless Spider-Man (most popular Marvel character) with modern mask that everyone has been wanting for years...in a two-pack with a character that very, very few people care about.

It's a huge difference when they finally release Venom (a hugely popular character) in the manner that most of us have been requesting for quite some time...in a three-pack with two extremely minor characters to which many of us don't have much of an attachment (I grew up in the 90s, and I still don't care about the Life Foundation symbiotes).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Well the Molten Man isn’t the slam dunk it could have been, but I’m all over that box set. 4 awesome new villains and a Spidey for EBay - massive win. Plus I no longer have to get round to painting up the Ult Beetle that has had a Silvermane head sat on it these last 5 years…

I don’t really follow the Future Foundation books, but if they get me a huge new Dragon Man, I’m A-OK with that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Rob W wrote:
I don’t really follow the Future Foundation books, but if they get me a huge new Dragon Man, I’m A-OK with that…
My feelings as well.

Although how long will they make us wait between a FF Dragon Man and a proper classic version?
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:50 pm

I think I've just about talked myself into justifying most of the D+ wave as a comic-only collector.

Howard - I have the old ML5 one, but this one works wherever you want him.
Red Skull - Easy stand-in for a comic Skull in Hydra/Nazi regalia
He-Who-Remains - Kang is allowed to get multiversal in my comic display, so HWR will be the first MCU Kang I get
Loki - I've got a few multiversal Lokis as well, so for now he's getting the same treatment as Kang
Jimmy Woo - Doesn't look enough like comic Woo to be a pass, but I'm sure I can find a use for that unique body he's on
Zombies - the ones I'm least excited about; I've got less interest in zombified Marvel than I do Venomized Marvel
Khonshu - The most fitting for a comic display.

Still going to try for a loose Khonshu at Dorkside tomorrow, but when these eventually hit sale prices I might be picking up the whole wave!
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:15 pm

Yeah; wanting that Khonshu for a comics display is pretty rough. I suppose I could keep the Withnail Loki (because he's awesome) and the He Who Remains might be a good base for a custom Immortus.
Tenement Funster
Customized

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:48 pm

Serious question: Do you think it's worth pre-ordering the upcoming Iron man retro or do you guys think will they languish and be clearanced like the FF/ Spidey Retro lines?
Honestly, I don't really want to open these as I am assuming I have most of them (Please prove me wrong! Titanium Man and Dreadknight!) but my guess is if it's 6 figs: Three Iron Men, Spider Woman, Mandarin, and we already know War Machine.

I'm still waiting on the Wizard for FF as well.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:20 pm

That five pack is awesome. I even mostly dig grape-flavored Spidey, but I’d enthusiastically buy this anyway.

I’m surprised how much I dig the D+ wave, much more overall than the prior ones. Helps that it has the two zombies I wanted most (although I hope there are many more to come). Having a zombie MCU Iron Man for my other figures to kill over and over and over again is just so exciting! I do wish it was the nastier “Far From Home Dream Sequence” version, but I’ll take what I can get. Khonshu really seals the deal on this wave, regardless of content.

Re: Dragon Man . . . Hoo boy, if they give us a dedicated Future Foundation version before a more iconic one, I will be very unhappy. A properly-scaled, classic Dragon Man has been in my top 10 since Marvel Legends began. I do still have the older versions from FF classics and also the old 5”, but I need me a modern-engineered classic sculpt that is appropriately big.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:44 pm

Classic Dragon Man will fit my display as a hero or villain, so I'd also prefer him to not be in the Future Foundation shorts. As long as he comes with removable glasses and some books I'll be happy.

I'm hoping for a dedicated Future Foundation wave with Awesome Andy as the BAF and Dragon Man as a deluxe. My lofty dream wave would include the kids as accessories with the adults, and I know this sounds crazy, but I would rather the Fantastic Four be absent completely.

I need Bentley-23, Valeria and Franklin way more, not to mention Julie and Alex Power. The Moloid and Uhari kids would work great as pack-ins with little to no articulation, and Onome would be great especially since we're getting some new Wakanda stuff soon. Artie and Leech would probably be better off in an X-Men wave, but I wouldn't begrudge their appearance with this group.

But if they decide to go with the FF consisting of Ant-Man, Medusa, She-Hulk and Ms. Thing, I'd be happy with that.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 pm

Bummed to see only one female in the new D+ wave - I guess getting four in the last wave was too good to last.

Their comments regarding MoM Wanda are super interesting. I'm wondering what the deal is there. It couldn't be they couldn't release her because she was the villain because hello - Zombie Wanda is only a villain with zero layers.

I also laughed when Dwight couldn't get Mr. Knight or Jimmy to stand BECAUSE THOSE LEGS DON'T STAND and need to be redesigned!!! And by laughed, I mean groaned because Hasbro is now knowingly releasing product they know can't stand up.

I have zero desire for the Spidey pack, but aren't people upset they consider the Life Foundation team complete when Hybrid is missing?
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 pm

effigy wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:13 pm
I wish they'd cool it on the Disney Plus stuff. We don't need figures of every character in every show. Especially each episode of What If. We only have 2 comic baf waves this year which is a major bummer. Everything else is MCU. I'd really like more of a 50/50 split, personally. It doesn't help that the recent movies have been so-so. And the Thor Love and Thunder wave was kind of a waste when it was largely redos or straight reissues of Groot, Korg, Starlord and Valkyrie. Honestly, it would have been better for that wave to have been half comic like Black Panther (well that was 1/3 comic, Ross is another figure that should have been replaced with a comic figure IMO) since we are so starved for Comic figures this year. When there are the same number of Disney plus Baf Waves as Comic Baf waves in a year, I think that's a problem.
This right here. Disney Plus has been in existence for 3.5 years and they've had 4 waves! Is it so much to ask for some mainstays like Banshee, Avalanche, and Wolfsbane?
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:59 pm

I'm rewatching the livestream and in the comments the Hasbro Pulse rep wrote, and I quote: "There won't be any Daredevil news today, but stay tuned - it's definitely to come in the future!"

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”