Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Thu May 19, 2022 1:55 am

JPC wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:42 am

The Toei Spider-Man looks like a really great Spider-Man figure - it looks a lot more solid, if that makes sense? I want one just to be a normal Spider-Man. I can take off the bracelet, and finally get some of those web accessories!
It's kind of weird that he and Bag Man are both on the Mr Fantastic body
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:57 am

Emissary of Hell-check! (Is he coming with gesturing hands? The guy loves to pose)

Firelord-check! (Looks even better than I thought…please more Heralds!)

Retro IM-check! (Easy the next thing I’m most excited to see…please make the mullet, please make the mullet…)

Sharon Skrull Carter-check! (Liked ole Sam n Bucky show…here’s hoping D+ wave four sees Classic Loki and Loki-gator made)

Mojo-hmmmmm? Maybe. (Love the presentation. The packaging is nifty keen. My Toybiz Mojo and Longshot sit in a bin along with Hasbro Spiral. So that story doesn’t resonate with me as much. Wonder if the new cartoon is going to revisit that world? Surely a redo of Spiral is on Hasbro’s minds. I want more lil evil X-Guys especially Cyclops and Storm.)

What a surprising IG presentation. Nice job Ryan and Dwight.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:14 am

Looks to me like the new Mojo can't stand on his legs. Hope that's wrong, but the figure was supported by Mojo's chair throughout the presentation and when they played with the legs they avoided trying to move them down far enough to test supporting the weight of the figure.
MentalManipulator
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:17 am

I absolutely adore the MOJO set! Perfection. Nice update on him. I was hoping bigger be the scale they went with works fine with the figures. Way better then the previous one.

Longshot is handsome and cool as he should be.

I was hoping for Spiral (I'm sure she'll come) but I am very glad with this Dazzler. Seeing her, Longshot and the new Havok makes me dream so bad about completing the outback team!

The packaging is such an amazing bonus!

Bravo Hasbro!
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:34 am

I realized that with Longshot and the new Dazzler and Bonebreaker Havok, we’ll have the majority of a pre-Outback X-Men team circa Uncanny X-Men #219. Just need Rogue, Psylocke, and Magneto.

I wonder if “Outback” will mean a more general “late ‘80s” team.

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:39 am

gpmartin414 wrote:I realized that with Longshot and the new Dazzler and Bonebreaker Havok, we’ll have the majority of a pre-Outback X-Men team circa Uncanny X-Men #219. Just need Rogue, Psylocke, and Magneto.

The only ground they’d really have to go back over is Storm, and it’s not like that’s a hard sell for them. Outback should more advantageous for them; Armored Psylocke seems much more appealing than her flowly pink costume. Rogue doesn’t need them to figure out how to handle the asymmetrical tank top.

Hopefully I can catch another brown Wolverine. They’re about $40 now, which isn’t half as bad as some other figures, but it’s getting there for an a-lister.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:47 am

september_death wrote:
gpmartin414 wrote:I realized that with Longshot and the new Dazzler and Bonebreaker Havok, we’ll have the majority of a pre-Outback X-Men team circa Uncanny X-Men #219. Just need Rogue, Psylocke, and Magneto.

The only ground they’d really have to go back over is Storm, and it’s not like that’s a hard sell for them. Outback should more advantageous for them; Armored Psylocke seems much more appealing than her flowly pink costume. Rogue doesn’t need them to figure out how to handle the asymmetrical tank top.

Hopefully I can catch another brown Wolverine. They’re about $40 now, which isn’t half as bad as some other figures, but it’s getting there for an a-lister.
I feel like brown costume Wolverine would get a re-release in a multi-pack to finish out the Outback team. It’s already been, what, four years since its last release.

Agree that armored Psylocke is much cooler than the pink jumper thing.

Definitely want this version of the Outback team.

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:50 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
september_death wrote:

I feel like brown costume Wolverine would get a re-release in a multi-pack to finish out the Outback team. It’s already been, what, four years since its last release.

Agree that armored Psylocke is much cooler than the pink jumper thing.

Definitely want this version of the Outback team.

Yep. Then finish X-Factor, and give us Goblin Queen, S'ym and N'astirh.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 19, 2022 4:44 am

The card tease looks more like MCU FBI guy than Gambit or Morph to me.
renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:50 am

It's waaaaay past time to get at least one version of Rogue from the 80s. Classic first appearance, the orange sweater (least likely), the punk look with the tank top, and the green and black Outback bathing suit are all pretty iconic and necessary for any 80s X-display (well, maybe not the orange sweater, but I'd still take one).
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Thu May 19, 2022 6:37 am

I would love to see sold-separately, non-exclusive figures of the Outback era X-Men. Any version of Rogue would be great and I'd love to see an updated black-and-yellow uniform Storm figure with the lightning bolt insignia. I've missed out on the brown-and-tan costume Wolverine figures, so if we get that re-released, I'd love to finally add one to my collection! I'd love to see Hasbro make some more "Marvel Legends: X-Men" figures every year, there are a ton of X-characters I'd love to see get new figures. I'm still hopeful we'll see any of the other founding X-Factor members (including a redone Cyclops with better head sculpts and no metallic paint), the original Generation X team (it'd be a great way to get a Banshee figure -- hint, hint), and more figures of the X-Men in their '70s costumes made and their Jim Lee era '90s suits re-released, especially non-cel-shaded, sold-separately figures of Beast, Cyclops (with an optic blast this time, please, Hasbro), Colossus and Jean Grey.

The Amazing Bag-Man and '70s Japanese Spider-Man look great. However, I'm slightly disappointed we didn't get a web-shooter, utility belt and alternate head for Japanese Spider-Man to turn him into the '70s CBS series "Spider-Man", since their costumes are pretty much the same. I assume there was some kind of legal rights to prevent that from happening? I wonder if the web-shooter on this Spidey figure is removable?

I do hope we'll get to see a few more Retro reveals before the plastic-free packaging fully goes into effect. I would've loved to have seen a Retro Doc Ock with bendy wire tentacles, but the Amazon exclusive two-pack of Doc Ock and Silk, unfortunately, likely ruined any chances of that. If we do get more Retro reveals in the near future, I hope they'll be fewer re-releases and re-paints and more new sculpts and long-awaited, long-overdue updates of popular, long-requested characters.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 8:52 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:44 am
The card tease looks more like MCU FBI guy than Gambit or Morph to me.
As soon as they actually brought up Gambit as a possibility I assumed there's no way it's actually him.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Dan commented during the steam that Mojo was them continuing to re-do/replace/update ToyBiz era BAFs (obviously). The Hasbro Legends team is pretty clearly on a mission to update all of TB's offerings and they've now done updates for Galactus, the Sentinel, Onslaught (TB did the crab, Hasbro did 1st App), Mojo and MODOK. I don't know if many are really asking for an over-sized Apocalypse but the only other TB BAF left is Giant-Man.

A Classic Giant-Man is something I definitely want to see and I want him to be giant. Giant-er than MCU Giant-Man, giant-er than Surtur. I don't know if he needs to be HasLab Sentinel/Galactus giant but he needs to, at least, be as giant as the TB BAF. If they can repurpose a lot of the new tooling for a MOE Goliath and/or a Clint Barton Goliath, I would be gigantically grateful for that, as well.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm

sepster wrote:Dan commented during the steam that Mojo was them continuing to re-do/replace/update ToyBiz era BAFs (obviously). The Hasbro Legends team is pretty clearly on a mission to update all of TB's offerings and they've now done updates for Galactus, the Sentinel, Onslaught (TB did the crab, Hasbro did 1st App), Mojo and MODOK. I don't know if many are really asking for an over-sized Apocalypse but the only other TB BAF left is Giant-Man.

A Classic Giant-Man is something I definitely want to see and I want him to be giant. Giant-er than MCU Giant-Man, giant-er than Surtur. I don't know if he needs to be HasLab Sentinel/Galactus giant but he needs to, at least, be as giant as the TB BAF. If they can repurpose a lot of the new tooling for a MOE Goliath and/or a Clint Barton Goliath, I would be gigantically grateful for that, as well.
Depends on what they go for I guess. MCU Giant-Man to Surtur sized is perfect if they do a Golden Age Avengers set…rerelease Thor and Hulk, new Iron Man, not sure what they’d do for Wasp.

At this point, I think I’m fine with Surtur sized for the other Goliaths/Atlas though. Maybe as tall as 12”. But any TV but bigger is going to be cost prohibitive for the multiple characters I think. Sue the would already be up to $65 now probably.
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Thu May 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Surtur sized or slightly bigger works for me for any Giant-people. Also don't need them to be Sentinel or Galactus HasLab sized. And once they make one body, they can definitely use it for a bunch of other giant-people.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”