Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:28 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:08 pm
fac wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:49 pm
Classic Tales of Suspense look will be reworked and come in gold...
Honestly, I think the best you can expect is a repaint, but personally, I don't need anymore figures in incorrect decos.
That was meant to be a dig at Hasbro for their recent penchant of getting things about 95% correct more than an actual prediction. I feel like it would be just like them these days to put the classic version - which should be red and yellow - out in red and gold after they got this version 95% correct but then went red and yellow instead of the obvious source material.

Not that anyone cares, but I support red and yellow IM for designs from the days when colorists had 64 colors to choose from, and red and gold for designs from the more recent full digital coloring palette, as that reflects the art the best.
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:25 pm
Can we please stop quoting the entire previous post, please. Sorry. Maybe condense/edit it somehow.
Warning! FRAT! :
Sorry to be a pain.

Someone mentioned a new Hulk body. While I like the 80th Hulk body, I wouldn't mind one which has the shoulders and butterflys integrated better. It's been a couple of years and the 80th Hulk has gotten a good amount of reuse, so maybe a new Hulk body is possible?
When quoting, I like to put the non-pertinent parts of the quoted post behind frat tags (like I'm doing right now!). It helps to cut down on redundant vertical scrolling and has the added benefit of making it immediately clear what part of a post you're responding to.

Stark Resilient wrote:
Warning! FRAT! :
Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:25 pm
Can we please stop quoting the entire previous post, please. Sorry. Maybe condense/edit it somehow. Sorry to be a pain.

Someone mentioned a new Hulk body. While I like the 80th Hulk body, I wouldn't mind one which has the shoulders and butterflys integrated better. It's been a couple of years and the 80th Hulk has gotten a good amount of reuse, so maybe a new Hulk body is possible?
Sorry, i forgot you were the main character of the forum.
Ash said “please” and apologized (twice!), so I see no reason for snarkiness.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:34 pm

fac wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:28 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:08 pm
fac wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:49 pm
Classic Tales of Suspense look will be reworked and come in gold...
Honestly, I think the best you can expect is a repaint, but personally, I don't need anymore figures in incorrect decos.
That was meant to be a dig at Hasbro for their recent penchant of getting things about 95% correct more than an actual prediction. I feel like it would be just like them these days to put the classic version - which should be red and yellow - out in red and gold after they got this version 95% correct but then went red and yellow instead of the obvious source material.

Not that anyone cares, but I support red and yellow IM for designs from the days when colorists had 64 colors to choose from, and red and gold for designs from the more recent full digital coloring palette, as that reflects the art the best.
No, I care. Welcome to the right team.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:38 pm

El Diablo V2 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:24 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:39 pm
El Honez wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm

Ah, thank you for this explanation!

So this is an accurate "neoclassic" rendition of a classic armor that was originally drawn differently. That's somehow less aggravating, because the alternative would have been that they actually spent $$ to modify tooling, but just didn't do it accurately / go all the way with the design overhaul.

I'm still with you though, in that I'd have preferred a true classic version of this armor. They're getting my cash anyway, because I am liking the ML20 execution (price notwithstanding), this mask is pretty cool, and the colors really pop. For the fist two reveals at least.
Yeah right on. I like the figure, but I do wish they stayed closer to the Tales of Suspense look, rather than the modern version. While just doing a new head on the 80th Body would also be accurate, I'm glad they didn't just do that. Thankfully, they didn't pull a Silver Centurion either, which may I remind everyone is pretty damn inaccurate to any appearance in the comics despite all inaccurate parts being new tooling.
What do you know about Iron Man ya jabroni?
Wow I haven't seen Bob Saget in a really long time.
tatooinesandworm wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:39 pm
El Honez wrote:

So this is an accurate "neoclassic" rendition of a classic armor that was originally drawn differently. That's somehow less aggravating, because the alternative would have been that they actually spent $$ to modify tooling, but just didn't do it accurately / go all the way with the design overhaul.

I'm still with you though, in that I'd have preferred a true classic version of this armor. They're getting my cash anyway, because I am liking the ML20 execution (price notwithstanding), this mask is pretty cool, and the colors really pop. For the fist two reveals at least.
Yeah right on. I like the figure, but I do wish they stayed closer to the Tales of Suspense look, rather than the modern version. While just doing a new head on the 80th Body would also be accurate, I'm glad they didn't just do that. Thankfully, they didn't pull a Silver Centurion either, which may I remind everyone is pretty damn inaccurate to any appearance in the comics despite all inaccurate parts being new tooling.
I agree with everything but the last line in each of the quoted posts. Good Day.
I disagree with you disagreeing with the last line in my post that you quoted.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:41 pm
You're not wrong, but this isn't quite as simple. The image you posted is absolutely what I think of with the Proto-Classic Armor and was absolutely hoping to see this, especially considering the newly sculpted torso they did anyway. This style would be accurate to Tales of Suspense.

However, as with most Classic Iron Man armors, they've been drawn about 1000 different ways. There's a clear reference point in the comics for this figure. This version comes from Superior Iron Man. The armor details clearly align with Yıldıray Çınar's art. Note the 3 lines above the chest, the lack of a band around the unibeam, the more subtle bands around the shoulders, the mouth slit, and even the toned down musculature (compared to the 80th mold). The only detail that doesn't match are the hands. So while I agree, I was hoping to see the version you posted, there's precedence for this armor in the comics.

Same here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:39 pm

rwsharpjr wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:

Same here.

Man.

I can't even keep up over here any more.

rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:40 pm

Ash Talon wrote:Can we please stop quoting the entire previous post, please. Sorry. Maybe condense/edit it somehow. Sorry to be a pain.

I was way behind.

MrDucksJr
HULK SMASH!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 pm

I'd appreciate a smaller hulk body that could be used for a more accurate grey one.

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:40 am

I wonder when we'll get the next ML reveals. Has the next Marvel Pulse stream been announced yet? I think a Power Rangers one is coming up, so hopefully a Marvel one will be soon.
Mark_Bowen wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:30 pm
When quoting, I like to put the non-pertinent parts of the quoted post behind frat tags (like I'm doing right now!). It helps to cut down on redundant vertical scrolling and has the added benefit of making it immediately clear what part of a post you're responding to.
Thanks for being considerate and making the effort. You're my new favorite Fwoosher.
Ash said “please” and apologized (twice!), so I see no reason for snarkiness.
Also thanks for the support. I'm starting to think the only way to make some of these threads readable is to add some people to the ignore list. Of course, people then quote the ignored person, and you can't help but see/read who you're trying to ignore.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:44 am

MrDucksJr wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 pm
I'd appreciate a smaller hulk body that could be used for a more accurate grey one.
I think a smaller Thing would be great. But the Hulk and Thing bodies have gotten a lot of use and could be updated. But I'm not sure how many more Thing figures I'd want. A 6.5" Kirby version would be nice.

For Hulk, I'm thinking something slimmer. More heroic and less wide. I much prefer Hulk being wide like the 80th, but there are other versions like Smart Hulk and modern versions which may work better with a less wide, more tall version.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:44 am

Ash Talon wrote:I wonder when we'll get the next ML reveals. Has the next Marvel Pulse stream been announced yet? I think a Power Rangers one is coming up, so hopefully a Marvel one will be soon.
We do seem due for an announcement. Maybe something Monday? Or have they abandoned first Monday of the month reveals?
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:08 am

You would think if they were doing another announcement for the year it would be next week or bust.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:08 am

september_death wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:I wonder when we'll get the next ML reveals. Has the next Marvel Pulse stream been announced yet? I think a Power Rangers one is coming up, so hopefully a Marvel one will be soon.
We do seem due for an announcement. Maybe something Monday? Or have they abandoned first Monday of the month reveals?
It’s been over a month since anything new was announced, right? That’s gotta be a record in Covid times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:34 am

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:08 pm

The drought is over: