Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Re: Re: What's next for ML in 2022-2023

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:11 am

For Toad, I feel like he needs a new head and torso at least, but I think the Pizza Spidey limbs would work for him with some add-on pieces.
RAM
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:19 am

Haven’t all or most waves been getting at least 1 all new sculpt? After seeing Cap & IM and what they come with, I’d be a little surprised/disappointed if Hulk isn’t like half new by this point and or Toad isn’t all new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:22 pm

If Toad is going to be at the deluxe price point I'd also expect him to be all-new, or at least not consisting of reuse that makes a less than accurate depiction of him.

I'd expect Hulk to be at a higher price, especially if they do any new tooling. If they release him at the same $31.99 price (unlikely) then he'll be a straight repaint.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:40 pm

Who wants Hulk with a torn cloth shirt? I know that was not an accessory with TB wave 1 Hulk, but that would be a nice nod to the later release.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:41 pm

El Honez wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:06 pm
For $30 they should have gotten Iron Man right, his chest and torso are off for that look.

Note the lower-than-reactor ports, and smooth segmented torso:

You're not wrong, but this isn't quite as simple. The image you posted is absolutely what I think of with the Proto-Classic Armor and was absolutely hoping to see this, especially considering the newly sculpted torso they did anyway. This style would be accurate to Tales of Suspense.

However, as with most Classic Iron Man armors, they've been drawn about 1000 different ways. There's a clear reference point in the comics for this figure. This version comes from Superior Iron Man. The armor details clearly align with Yıldıray Çınar's art. Note the 3 lines above the chest, the lack of a band around the unibeam, the more subtle bands around the shoulders, the mouth slit, and even the toned down musculature (compared to the 80th mold). The only detail that doesn't match are the hands. So while I agree, I was hoping to see the version you posted, there's precedence for this armor in the comics.

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:54 pm

marvelous news posted from a overseas collector some in hand shots and review of the mcu figures.

winter soldier 2.0 D+
https://marvelousnews.com/252-29804

the captain america 2-pack
https://marvelousnews.com/252-29796
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:
For $30 they should have gotten Iron Man right, his chest and torso are off for that look.

You're not wrong, but this isn't quite as simple. The image you posted is absolutely what I think of with the Proto-Classic Armor and was absolutely hoping to see this, especially considering the newly sculpted torso they did anyway. This style would be accurate to Tales of Suspense.

However, as with most Classic Iron Man armors, they've been drawn about 1000 different ways. There's a clear reference point in the comics for this figure. This version comes from Superior Iron Man. The armor details clearly align with Yıldıray Çınar's art. Note the 3 lines above the chest, the lack of a band around the unibeam, the more subtle bands around the shoulders, the mouth slit, and even the toned down musculature (compared to the 80th mold). The only detail that doesn't match are the hands. So while I agree, I was hoping to see the version you posted, there's precedence for this armor in the comics.

Ah, thank you for this explanation!

So this is an accurate "neoclassic" rendition of a classic armor that was originally drawn differently. That's somehow less aggravating, because the alternative would have been that they actually spent $$ to modify tooling, but just didn't do it accurately / go all the way with the design overhaul.

I'm still with you though, in that I'd have preferred a true classic version of this armor. They're getting my cash anyway, because I am liking the ML20 execution (price notwithstanding), this mask is pretty cool, and the colors really pop. For the fist two reveals at least.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:39 pm

El Honez wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:

So this is an accurate "neoclassic" rendition of a classic armor that was originally drawn differently. That's somehow less aggravating, because the alternative would have been that they actually spent $$ to modify tooling, but just didn't do it accurately / go all the way with the design overhaul.

I'm still with you though, in that I'd have preferred a true classic version of this armor. They're getting my cash anyway, because I am liking the ML20 execution (price notwithstanding), this mask is pretty cool, and the colors really pop. For the fist two reveals at least.
Yeah right on. I like the figure, but I do wish they stayed closer to the Tales of Suspense look, rather than the modern version. While just doing a new head on the 80th Body would also be accurate, I'm glad they didn't just do that. Thankfully, they didn't pull a Silver Centurion either, which may I remind everyone is pretty damn inaccurate to any appearance in the comics despite all inaccurate parts being new tooling.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Classic Tales of Suspense look will be reworked and come in gold...
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:08 pm

fac wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:49 pm
Classic Tales of Suspense look will be reworked and come in gold...
Honestly, I think the best you can expect is a repaint, but personally, I don't need anymore figures in incorrect decos.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:25 pm

Can we please stop quoting the entire previous post, please. Sorry. Maybe condense/edit it somehow. Sorry to be a pain.

Someone mentioned a new Hulk body. While I like the 80th Hulk body, I wouldn't mind one which has the shoulders and butterflys integrated better. It's been a couple of years and the 80th Hulk has gotten a good amount of reuse, so maybe a new Hulk body is possible?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:54 pm

How would you further condense half a sentence?
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:10 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:25 pm
Can we please stop quoting the entire previous post, please. Sorry. Maybe condense/edit it somehow. Sorry to be a pain.

Someone mentioned a new Hulk body. While I like the 80th Hulk body, I wouldn't mind one which has the shoulders and butterflys integrated better. It's been a couple of years and the 80th Hulk has gotten a good amount of reuse, so maybe a new Hulk body is possible?
Sorry, i forgot you were the main character of the forum.
El Diablo V2
de la Fwoosh

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:

Yeah right on. I like the figure, but I do wish they stayed closer to the Tales of Suspense look, rather than the modern version. While just doing a new head on the 80th Body would also be accurate, I'm glad they didn't just do that. Thankfully, they didn't pull a Silver Centurion either, which may I remind everyone is pretty damn inaccurate to any appearance in the comics despite all inaccurate parts being new tooling.
What do you know about Iron Man ya jabroni?
tatooinesandworm
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:24 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
El Honez wrote:
Stark Resilient wrote:

I agree with everything but the last line in each of the quoted posts. Good Day.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”