Looks Like We're getting an MCU Thor Wave Announcement Soon

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Looks Like We're getting an MCU Thor Wave Announcement Soon

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:26 am

H-bird wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:22 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:58 pm
100ptsofarticulation wrote:I've mentioned this before, I can't believe daredevil and Thor have never had a dedicated comic wave.

They're flagship characters. I'll throw cap in there as well, how have these characters not had a dedicated comic wave? Ever?
The sad thing is, theres not a whole lot of "daredevil" left to justify a wave. Lots of C and D list.. Unless they can manage to put in another elektra and Bullseye.

But we already have the heavy hitters

- Daredevil
- Elektra
- Kingpin
- Hand Ninjas (2 forms)
- Typhoid Mary
- Purple Man
- Nuke
- Stiltman
- Mysterio
- Electro
- Frogman

Now.. yes, we can get redos of Bullseye, elektra in white, daredevil, classic typhoid, leap frog instead of frogman, etc...

But if not, I dont really see a wave hitting retail thats like...

- Daredevil
- Stick
- Gladiator
- Echo
- Matador
- Mister Fear
- Lady Bullseye
BAF The Owl

We'd all buy it, but would retail?

Maybe do it as a online exclusive wave

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bring on the Bad Guys is evidence to me that Hasbro is willing to put together a wave that isn't obviously carried by a slew of top names. The composition of that wave more closely resembles a wishlist someone here would drop than a wave I would have expected to be produced. Take your (excellent) wave, replace one of the figures with white Elektra, and I don't see much difference between the two. Or expand DD to be more of a Marvel Knights theme and throw in Colleen Wing, Power Man and Iron Fist, White Tiger, etc.
Yes, I agree, I think the Super Villains/ BOTBG wave would be a great place to insert Gladiator (M. Potts) and/or Owl, seeing as how a DD wave is never likely to happen.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:19 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
100ptsofarticulation wrote:I've mentioned this before, I can't believe daredevil and Thor have never had a dedicated comic wave.

They're flagship characters. I'll throw cap in there as well, how have these characters not had a dedicated comic wave? Ever?
The sad thing is, theres not a whole lot of "daredevil" left to justify a wave. Lots of C and D list.. Unless they can manage to put in another elektra and Bullseye.

But we already have the heavy hitters

- Daredevil
- Elektra
- Kingpin
- Hand Ninjas (2 forms)
- Typhoid Mary
- Purple Man
- Nuke
- Stiltman
- Mysterio
- Electro
- Frogman

Now.. yes, we can get redos of Bullseye, elektra in white, daredevil, classic typhoid, leap frog instead of frogman, etc...

But if not, I dont really see a wave hitting retail thats like...

- Daredevil
- Stick
- Gladiator
- Echo
- Matador
- Mister Fear
- Lady Bullseye
BAF The Owl

We'd all buy it, but would retail?

Maybe do it as a online exclusive wave

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does retail know Typhoid Mary or Frog-Man any better than they know Gladiator or Echo? I would bet most retailers don't know 75% of the characters that Hasbro makes.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:04 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:19 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:
- Daredevil
- Stick
- Gladiator
- Echo
- Matador
- Mister Fear
- Lady Bullseye
BAF The Owl
Does retail know Typhoid Mary or Frog-Man any better than they know Gladiator or Echo? I would bet most retailers don't know 75% of the characters that Hasbro makes.
Exactly. Other than Iron Man and Ultron, were the rest of that much-praised wave recognizable characters to the masses?

And that's a near-perfect wave. I'd change up a few things, though.

- Daredevil (2:case)
- Echo
- Gladiator
- Jester
- Lady Bullseye
- Mister Fear
- Owl
BAF Man-Bull (continues animal BAF theme of Armadillo and Ursa Major)

It would have a good spread of color too for shelf pop. Reds. Yellow. Green. Black and white.

I've championed the idea of rotating character-focused waves in ML each year. This year we got Iron Man, villains, and vintage FF. Next year, we could get Cap and Daredevil. 2023 could be Thor and Hulk. Something like that. Vintage waves for characters who never had vintage lines is an interesting idea and could a fun creations (ie vintage/retro Cap cards...what would they look like if Toy Biz had made them in the past?).

Captain America
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hulk
Iron Man
Punisher
Thor
Wolverine

I feel like all of them could warrant comic waves. They're all household names at this point. They've all had a number of movies and or TV series. Maybe even add SHIELD to that list. Just rotate through that list. A couple of them each year, even if one of those two waves is vintage style.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”