Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:09 am

Would have much rather had Aunt May over another MJ.

I hope it's not the sweater version.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:56 pm

I also would have preferred May. I am happy with the previous MJ figure.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:00 pm

Spiderman91 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:10 am
I hadn’t appreciated that the glider may in fact be the BAF…… That would be a real knife in the guts!

Hoping I am really wrong and that the BAF is in fact electro more so than Lizard!
I hadn't considered this possibility until now. Honestly....I personally would be okay with it. Again, I can live with the TASM figure of Lizard I have. If we don't get Electro as an exclusive somewhere, I would be a bit more miffed if the glider was the BAF. Electro certainly did more in NWH than Sandman did. But.....the glider is essential to Gobby. So getting it would temper any disappointment in would have at no Electro.

Just do a HC Shocker and NWH Electro 2 pack in like 2 years and I will be happy lol
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:07 pm
If true, the biggest potential disappointment would be if the Holland Spidey isn't the final costume.

We'll have already gotten every other suit from that movie. The final suit twice now. Come onnnnnnn final suit.
But all the figures for hollands spidey including the 3-pack are based on concept art and have different forearms so i could se hasbro rereleasing either costume and making it more accurate.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:04 pm

BAF is 100 percent the glider unless they do a deluxe rerelease later. Glad Ock is getting the deluxe treatment; hopefully this entails movable tentacles.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Hbhf wrote:
BAF is 100 percent the glider unless they do a deluxe rerelease later. Glad Ock is getting the deluxe treatment; hopefully this entails movable tentacles.
For the record, the tentacles were described as "bendable", but I'm not sure if that's definite.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:11 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:07 pm
Hbhf wrote:
For the record, the tentacles were described as "bendable", but I'm not sure if that's definite.
which is also why i question Rek...

he almost never get's costume descriptions for a character and to get details about what somethings made out of is even further into bizarre territory for his normal reporting.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:07 pm

Even if it ends up being 90% wrong, it still gives us more constructive shit to talk about compared to the weeks and months preceding.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:41 am

How often has Rektangular been wrong?

I really can't recall anything he was dead wrong about?

With the unmasked Peters coming I wonder how many cancelled that overpriced three-pack.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:15 pm

Hawkeye with the skycycle was the one big blunder I recall, if that was even him. Not a fan of the guy but whatever his sources are usually tend to pan out for him.
joshsquash729
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:28 pm

Hmm. A bit conflicted on the list too. I get that it's hard to anchor a Spidey wave without Spidey himself, but unless the new Holland Spidey has something significantly different like a battle damaged/bloody head or something, I'm not sure I need it. I hope it comes without a BAF piece so it's not integral, but knowing my luck, it'll probably come with both a BAF and the cube thingy that contains the spell. If ever there was a wave that could work with no Spidey, it would be a No Way Home wave.

Eager to see the differences, if any, on the Maguire and Garfield Spideys. Maybe the single releases will come with unmasked heads? That's probably the only way they'd get me to double dip. I'd probably cancel my 3 pack order, since the singles will undoubtedly have BAF pieces. Guess I'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't reveal this wave until after the 3 pack ships so people can't cancel once they see.

Weird seeing no Lizard or Electro, especially the latter. Maybe they're store exclusives or a 2 pack or something? I'd always figured Lizard would be the BAF, but the more I think about it, the glider really does seem like the most likely option. I can't imagine they just wouldn't do them, especially when we're supposedly getting another MJ. I know it might be heresy to say, but I'm not sure I NEED Matt Murdock from this, when we're getting a new Daredevil show down the road that they could (and probably will) throw him into the wave for. I'm happy to get it, of course, but I'm in the camp that would prefer May.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:39 pm

The three Spidermens were specifically said to be unmasked, so I was wondering if they're ONLY unmasked heh. No masked head included. I do agree with erock now that the Holland Spider-Man may be the FFH insideout suit (black and gold) with corrections (even if the unmasked Holland head sorta makes more sense to be the Integrated suit when put in a wave with the other two guys). And did the 3pack figures have the articulated necks? Meaning they could have like the Infinity Saga Iron Man and have removable necks rather than heads for the unmasked versions?

but it's funny how this wave is pretty close to what a lot of people were hoping for several months ago.
PresidentJuggernaut
Avengers Assemble

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:39 pm
The three Spidermens were specifically said to be unmasked, so I was wondering if they're ONLY unmasked heh. No masked head included. I do agree with erock now that the Holland Spider-Man may be the FFH insideout suit (black and gold) with corrections (even if the unmasked Holland head sorta makes more sense to be the Integrated suit when put in a wave with the other two guys). And did the 3pack figures have the articulated necks? Meaning they could have like the Infinity Saga Iron Man and have removable necks rather than heads for the unmasked versions?

but it's funny how this wave is pretty close to what a lot of people were hoping for several months ago.
The solicitation images don't seem to have that type of neck joint carved in, but they're just 3D model images, so anything is possible. I would hope that there is no way Hasbro would only include unmasked head sculpts, but a lot of their decisions have been head-scratching recently, so I think the possibility is there. I also expect more mileage out of the new Tobey/Andrew sculpts. If Lizard isn't the BAF, maybe a Andrew/Lizard 2-pack. And if the Green Goblin has the NWH costume changes in this wave, maybe a more standard 2002 Green Goblin would be put in another 2-pack with the Tobey Spidey.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Thank you for the observations on the 3pack necks! yeah, you never know either way.

It would be cool if they did a set with Lizard and Electro. Would make total sense, and Lizard would be most, if not all, re-use as well. but yeah, sets with the other Spider-men makes sense with their affection for getting the most out of their molds.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics