Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
redkomic
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:37 am

JPC wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 am
Y'all have so much insider knowledge of how toys are manufactured!

This movie released the day before the holiday break for a lot of companies. So, they've had TWO weeks to work on digital renders they legit may have just SEEN for the first time.

Also, keep in mind - this movie didn't finish shooting until around March of last year. That is hardly enough time to get the product they DID get to shelves to shelves. This movie had a severely crunched production. Nine months is how long it might take for figures to go into production and arrive in the US - not from concept, to budget, to design, to APPROVAL? Sorry, not going to happen. Especially when assets are hard to come by and oh yeah - pandemic.

A little perspective, please.
this. all of this. People need to give hasbro some time. They can't just slap together figures. That lead to the second Black Panther wave which was made up of repaints and reused parts.

Hasbro will get to the villians and the other spider-men. breath. they want your money.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:02 am

garrettlcustoms wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 pm
I think some form of formal "stuff is coming" statement would go a long way. Even if it is that vague, at least it would be a tease for something.
pretty sure Dan has tweeted something along those lines already. Plus do you really "need" to hear that? i mean... there's really zero reason to doubt that nothing else is coming. it's also not going to silence anyone.. they're just then going to keep hounding them with "when"
we're looking at another Endgame situation where we wait well over a year to even get the core cast.
I think its time you accept that this is how it works, considering it also happened with black panther as well (and likely even doc strange 2) rather than getting "surprised" and "angry" about it while coming up with conspiracy theories.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:08 am

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:The thing I think is so odd is even if marvel didn’t show hasbro concept art of the villains and other 2 Spider-Man, they KNEW they were in this. Everyone knew, even if it wasn’t confirmed. What would’ve been the harm in starting production on Raimi trilogy figures and tasm figures in an anniversary wave that would theoretically be releasing now?
1) you need the go ahead

2) you need both marvel and Sony to sign off of it.

3) the xmen were easy peasy to do, disney owns them now. Sony still owns spider-man and id wager doing merchandise for past films = new deals and contracts to use the Sony owned property.

4) we know at one point marvel got full merchandise rights for spidey, but we have no clue what the current situation is and what deals marvel/Sony made to do no way home and future tom Holland films.

5) because of all of the above, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's a very real chance we might not even get the Raimi and Webb film's figures outside of the characters versions appearing in No Way Home.

We just don't know. And we've never been clued in at all if they will ever do those versions. We might just be only getting the No Way Home versions

blobfrombeyond
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:12 am

It’s like the movie Carnage ML figure we know is coming….just not sure when.
There are reasons why it wasn’t released to coincide with the movie’s theatrical release.
Sony’s fault? Hasbro’s?
Whatever. It will come eventually.
And so will the NWH villains.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
pretty sure Dan has tweeted something along those lines already. Plus do you really "need" to hear that? i mean... there's really zero reason to doubt that nothing else is coming. it's also not going to silence anyone.. they're just then going to keep hounding them with "when"
we're looking at another Endgame situation where we wait well over a year to even get the core cast.
I think its time you accept that this is how it works, considering it also happened with black panther as well (and likely even doc strange 2) rather than getting "surprised" and "angry" about it while coming up with conspiracy theories.

That's a good point about MOM, and likely several other upcoming MCU movies. There is usually one or two characters people add to their wishlist after most Marvel movies but seems like the next bunch are gonna expand those lists pretty drastically. This is MCU collecting now.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:00 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 am
spideyboy1111 wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:

That's a good point about MOM, and likely several other upcoming MCU movies. There is usually one or two characters people add to their wishlist after most Marvel movies but seems like the next bunch are gonna expand those lists pretty drastically. This is MCU collecting now.
It will be hard for Hasbro to keep up with the sheer volume of content Marvel Studios is now pulling out. The villains of the D+ shows will be the ones to suffer the most IMO. Like, Agatha surely will be made (she is getting a show) and maybe more popular ones like He Who Remains will be done, but less popular ones like Karli I see being the next Whiplash/Malekith of the world. The one and done villains I mean. Lately, Hasbro is mostly good about the movie's main villains (with some exceptions). But I think the D+ shows one and done villains will be very back burner priority
Yarlick
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 pm

I can wait, I just wish these characters that we’re getting are top notch.

Can’t wait to have an updated Raimi Spidey suit aswell as a Garfield suit.
I prefer having accurate figures than what we got with that lame black and gold suit.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:09 am

I finally finished Armadillo!

Does anyone have the ankle fix I remember seeing in here somewhere bookmarked? Please & thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk

Mysticmanjrf1
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:00 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:08 am
4) we know at one point marvel got full merchandise rights for spidey, but we have no clue what the current situation is and what deals marvel/Sony made to do no way home and future tom Holland films.

Disney does indeed have full merchandise rights for Spider-Man. Still makes sense to avoid spoilers with the early toy releases, but no doubt we will be eventually getting all of these figures.

Spider-Man is so popular that....(spoilers for movie ahead)...
Spoiler! :
Daredevil was the 8th most-viewed show on any streaming service last week. Just by appearing for 2 seconds in a Spider-Man film. No way Marvel/Hasbro is passing up the dollars from their biggest cash cow.
kojigritton
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 am

Finally. Hoping the Legends team has stuff to show off soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:53 pm

I have an unexpected day off today, so naturally when I have the house to myself I stand and admire my Legends shelf and begin to speculate on all the exciting possibilities to come.

I realize pondering the existence of a second NWH wave has become like beating a dead horse at this point. But hey, that's why these forums are here right? So I was thinking about how every single movie wave since Guardians Vol2 has included some combination of 2pack, store exclusives, or Deluxe to accompany the wave. Phase 4 alone:
Black Widow (Deluxe & 2pack)
Disney+ (Deluxe & 2 store exclusives)
Shang-Chi (1 store exclusive) (This one seems like it should have had another store exclusive "usually" there are 2)
Disney+ 2 (Deluxe, 1 Exclusive)
Eternals (2 exclusives & Deluxe)

Then we get to Spider-Man... maybe I'm forgetting something but he hasn't had any additional figures to the main NWH line. Do we count Deluxe Vulture as part of the NWH release? I don't lol. No 2packs, no exclusives, no deluxes.

So I started thinking, let's say Hasbro started working on a 2nd wave this month. It gives them time to see the movie, realize it's popularity, get settled back to work after all the holidays, and get to work on some amazingly screen accurate Spidey MCU figures for a second wave. So to my knowledge (unless I'm wrong) figure production can take a minimum of 6 months. 6 months from now puts us almost in August. August is typically when the "anniversary" waves drop. Since this year's anniversary wave is Spidey that can't be a coincidence right?

One thing I found odd about the leaked list of Spidey anniversary figures is the lack of movie figures. This could explain it, I'm thinking Hasbro is gonna release a second NWH wave along side the anniversary wave and essentially fill the entire toy aisle with Spider-Man! Spider-Man is one of the biggest merchandise properties ever and I'm willing to bet several companies are gonna promote this Spidey anniversary. So it makes since to push out as much as possible to go with all the excitement.

Since the anniversary sets are mostly comic I'd like to hope the NWH 2nd wave will be all MCU. I'm sure I haven't made any points most of you haven't already thought of but that's my theory that I'm sticking to lol.

And for fun here's my wave prediction/want when the time comes

1. Spider-Man (accurate inside out suit)
2. Electro (w/masked head)
3. Sandman (w/bigger sand parts)
4. Aunt May (Pleeeaaaasssseeeee)
5. Lizard
6. Spider-Man (accurate integrated suit)
7. Doc Ock
BAF: Doc Ock Tentacles (sorry not sorry)

Deluxe: Goblin (w/Glider, pumpkin bombs & alt hooded and goggled head)

2pack: Tobey & Andrew (w/unmasked heads) (you could include young and old heads but the anniversary set is rumored to have young Tobey and Andrew has barely aged soooo)

Anyways, August 2022 Spidey-PALOOZA!!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:32 pm

Vulture came out with the rest of the Spider-Man stuff, so I think Hasbro counts it
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:46 pm

Hot Toys has done the unimaginable. For the first time in twenty years, I've looked at that Goblin design and thought, "that doesn't look too bad."
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm

sepster wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:46 pm
Hot Toys has done the unimaginable. For the first time in twenty years, I've looked at that Goblin design and thought, "that doesn't look too bad."
I think that the lighting helps. I don't necessarily even hate the rami goblin design and I hope it gets a legend alongside the new one but yeah it looks especially good there
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:05 pm

I really wish he also came with the purple Hoodie and additional belt accessories so you could choose which way you want to display him

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”