Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 pm

e-rock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm
e-rock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 pm

But like I have stated before, without any concrete strategy on how these will be distributed, I have nothing to at this point get excited about. Right now it would seem another wave is off the table. Given what we know about Spider-Man stuff already due this year and rumblings that the other Spider-Man wave could be Across the Spiderverse themed. So, how long will the trickle take for these to come? Could be quick if they do exclusives and such. Or could take years like Endgame. Without information, the only experience I can have at this point is frustration. Especially cause I think signs point to it being a slow trickle.

As for it being perceived as whining, everyone on this forum whines about something. The forum is effectively for venting and finding information. Since I don't care about the vast majority of ML, my whining is focused on movie stuff. Like this. So consider it my focus I guess
Ahhh hey.... sure. Focused whining. Whatever you like.

Hopefully there are some announcements soon. Or even an on the record "figures are coming." Even with the explanations and justifications from the last few pages about why nothing is out now - it would be silly to at least not acknowledge what a juggernaut this movie is and let us know they intend to capitalize on it with many of toy.
I think some form of formal "stuff is coming" statement would go a long way. Even if it is that vague, at least it would be a tease for something.
Sure. And while we can't give you that - this movie will make Endgame money. We all know it's coming. It's just a matter of when. I look at my Endgame shelf compared to when the move come out and a year and a half later. We're gonna get a lot. All Spider-Men, costumes, and villains.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:17 pm

e-rock wrote:
I dont remember seeing Dan say that, but I don't frequent the Twitter pages, so possible I didn't see it.

On related note, based on the Spidey 60th listings, if Tobey is coming there I would not need him in a hypothetical wave or anything. I largely don't do unmasked heads, so I really would only need 1 Tobey Spider-Man figure since his costume was essentially the same with minor changes movie to movie. Only other Tobey figure I would want would be the black suit from SM3. So that would in a hypothetical 2nd wave be a figure I think wouldn't be needed if that pans out.
Now see - I can't guarantee you a black costume release, but maybe we get a surprise like the Amazon Jackman Wolverine. Looking at all of the random releases Hasbro has between regular assortments... there is a lot of room here. Plus stores like Target and Walmart are gonna be throwing cash their way for exclusives based on the hot tamale.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:26 pm

Enforcer wrote:
e-rock wrote:
I dont remember seeing Dan say that, but I don't frequent the Twitter pages, so possible I didn't see it.

On related note, based on the Spidey 60th listings, if Tobey is coming there I would not need him in a hypothetical wave or anything. I largely don't do unmasked heads, so I really would only need 1 Tobey Spider-Man figure since his costume was essentially the same with minor changes movie to movie. Only other Tobey figure I would want would be the black suit from SM3. So that would in a hypothetical 2nd wave be a figure I think wouldn't be needed if that pans out.
Now see - I can't guarantee you a black costume release, but maybe we get a surprise like the Amazon Jackman Wolverine. Looking at all of the random releases Hasbro has between regular assortments... there is a lot of room here. Plus stores like Target and Walmart are gonna be throwing cash their way for exclusives based on the hot tamale.
I feel pretty good that a black suit version will be made. Maybe not when the 60th line comes out, but if they do a Tobey Spider-Man, that is a super easy variant for Hasbro to do, so I think it will happen eventually. Maybe a later exclusive like Ash Deadpool.

I would even be happier if they did black suit Spider-Man with interchangeable parts to make him Venom. Yeah, I know the physiques don't match and there are differences. But I doubt SM3 Venom gets made again, so doing him Spider-Carnage or Cap Wolf style would be good enough for me. But, that would just be a bonus. Not something I would expect.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm

e-rock wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm
e-rock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm
But do I believe they didn't here who was in the movie when rumors about who was in it were the worst kept secret in Hollywood? Absolutely not.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make to explain/justify your frustration here. I'm sure they heard the rumors, just as everyone else did. Jamie Foxx was a leak by the actor, and not an official announcement BTW. So even if they heard about the rumors, so what? You can't develop anything based on rumors. You need official photos and concept art. You know... stuff beyond... rumors.

You can absolutely repeat ad nauseum your disappointment about not having toys in your hands right now. And we can ignore it. Most will just see an impatient whiner. Especially given the pretty comprehensive understanding and acceptance as to why we will need to wait, with the utmost confidence we will get the figures we're hoping for especially after the financial success of the film. It might actually be a good thing the figures come later, as the brand will have the confidence to add all the bells and whistles.
But like I have stated before, without any concrete strategy on how these will be distributed, I have nothing to at this point get excited about. Right now it would seem another wave is off the table. Given what we know about Spider-Man stuff already due this year and rumblings that the other Spider-Man wave could be Across the Spiderverse themed. So, how long will the trickle take for these to come? Could be quick if they do exclusives and such. Or could take years like Endgame. Without information, the only experience I can have at this point is frustration. Especially cause I think signs point to it being a slow trickle.

As for it being perceived as whining, everyone on this forum whines about something. The forum is effectively for venting and finding information. Since I don't care about the vast majority of ML, my whining is focused on movie stuff. Like this. So consider it my focus I guess
keep in mind, a spider-verse wave with 2 or 3 figures in it based on that movie.. someone would still call a spider-verse wave. it really means nothing.

i also highly doubt they're going to re-do (in a wave) the same spider-verse characters they just spit out) i'd say 2099 is definitely coming, but i wouldn't be shocked to see the others in multi-packs. And even if there's some in a wave.. doesn't mean No way home figures cant be in it too.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:30 pm

Enforcer wrote:
e-rock wrote:

there's also no word yet on what's a Amazon exclusive and they always get at least one in these anniversary waves
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make to explain/justify your frustration here. I'm sure they heard the rumors, just as everyone else did. Jamie Foxx was a leak by the actor, and not an official announcement BTW. So even if they heard about the rumors, so what? You can't develop anything based on rumors. You need official photos and concept art. You know... stuff beyond... rumors.

You can absolutely repeat ad nauseum your disappointment about not having toys in your hands right now. And we can ignore it. Most will just see an impatient whiner. Especially given the pretty comprehensive understanding and acceptance as to why we will need to wait, with the utmost confidence we will get the figures we're hoping for especially after the financial success of the film. It might actually be a good thing the figures come later, as the brand will have the confidence to add all the bells and whistles.

keep in mind, a spider-verse wave with 2 or 3 figures in it based on that movie.. someone would still call a spider-verse wave. it really means nothing.

i also highly doubt they're going to re-do (in a wave) the same spider-verse characters they just spit out) i'd say 2099 is definitely coming, but i wouldn't be shocked to see the others in multi-packs. And even if there's some in a wave.. doesn't mean No way home figures cant be in it too.
That is true. But given that I think at least 2 spots are going to be for comic figures (if not 3) and def there will be a new Miles and I agree about 2099, that would be 4 or 5 spots. But yeah, in that wave if they tossed on Electro or something, that would be cool.

At this point I am holding out hope on Ock and Gobby being deluxes
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:39 pm

e-rock wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:

That is true. But given that I think at least 2 spots are going to be for comic figures (if not 3) and def there will be a new Miles and I agree about 2099, that would be 4 or 5 spots. But yeah, in that wave if they tossed on Electro or something, that would be cool.

At this point I am holding out hope on Ock and Gobby being deluxes
i do think like most big ensemble marvel films (excluding eternals as that was not only an anomaly, but everyone was suppose to be treated equally, and outside of them, Dane was really the only character to do) these are going to be sprinkled in most likely. you might even have to wait 2 years to even get everyone

hell.. the ned coming in the 2 pack this year is "Homecoming" Ned... not Far From Home, not No Way Home... "Homecoming".

but just know, you WILL get them eventually
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:05 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
garrettlcustoms wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:27 pm
I've NEVER bought Dan saying they were finding out about stuff just as we were. There's simply NO WAY, this would be literally the first time that happened and it's also simply bad business to hold back your biggest moneymaker/draw from a very successful toy company.

Clearly other companies knew, we had Spider-Men shirts... what? A week after release? We got promo art on the Marvel site around the same timeframe. There is no way that there weren't merch/promo/marketing people who knew this stuff so how could Hasbro of all people not know/have concepts?

That's why I'm more inclined to be pissed at Hasbro for screwing this up than being mad at Sony or Marvel for holding back designs.

again.. see above.

T-shirts and socks? you know how long it takes to produce a shirt or socks? (not very long) you can get the art done in less than a day, and it printed and shipped in less than a week...

its takes figures 9 months.
I'm not saying it's anywhere close to the same, I'm saying they had to have at least known, not that product should necessarily be on the shelves or even up for PO yet. I mean, it should be ready for PO by now, at least the villains. I'd get waiting a while longer for the Spideys, those would make semse to keep under wraps but the villains should have been announced by now with at least digital renders like the Hawkeye figures got.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:10 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Hopefully there are some announcements soon. Or even an on the record "figures are coming." Even with the explanations and justifications from the last few pages about why nothing is out now - it would be silly to at least not acknowledge what a juggernaut this movie is and let us know they intend to capitalize on it with many of toy.
I think some form of formal "stuff is coming" statement would go a long way. Even if it is that vague, at least it would be a tease for something.
pretty sure Dan has tweeted something along those lines already. Plus do you really "need" to hear that? i mean... there's really zero reason to doubt that nothing else is coming. it's also not going to silence anyone.. they're just then going to keep hounding them with "when"
I don't think anyone is saying "They're not coming!" they're saying this was woefully mishandled and they're rightfully pissed that we're looking at another Endgame situation where we wait well over a year to even get the core cast.

Hasbro could easily have gotten the other Spideys rendered by now and they could have even done it a while ago intending them to be for the Anniversary stuff this year but also knowing in the back of their minds that they'd be dual purpose since they were DEFINITELY showing up in NWH.

JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:26 pm

Enforcer wrote:
e-rock wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Sure. And while we can't give you that - this movie will make Endgame money. We all know it's coming. It's just a matter of when. I look at my Endgame shelf compared to when the move come out and a year and a half later. We're gonna get a lot. All Spider-Men, costumes, and villains.
And Aunt May! Haha that's my 2 cents.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:38 pm

It's funny... I get the excitement and frustration, totally, but I may be the only one here totally fine waiting several months to a couple years for these heh. I know we've discussed this before, but I would prefer it over the mad scramble to blindly preorder figures of characters or versions that may be incorrect or barely in the film at all.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:41 pm

The thing I think is so odd is even if marvel didn’t show hasbro concept art of the villains and other 2 Spider-Man, they KNEW they were in this. Everyone knew, even if it wasn’t confirmed. What would’ve been the harm in starting production on Raimi trilogy figures and tasm figures in an anniversary wave that would theoretically be releasing now?
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:46 pm

garrettlcustoms wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:10 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
e-rock wrote:

pretty sure Dan has tweeted something along those lines already. Plus do you really "need" to hear that? i mean... there's really zero reason to doubt that nothing else is coming. it's also not going to silence anyone.. they're just then going to keep hounding them with "when"
I don't think anyone is saying "They're not coming!" they're saying this was woefully mishandled and they're rightfully pissed that we're looking at another Endgame situation where we wait well over a year to even get the core cast.

Hasbro could easily have gotten the other Spideys rendered by now and they could have even done it a while ago intending them to be for the Anniversary stuff this year but also knowing in the back of their minds that they'd be dual purpose since they were DEFINITELY showing up in NWH.

Saying this was woefully mishandled is a lot like a fat guy eating nachos in a bar criticizing an NFL quarterback. To you - you see Tobey, you want Tobey. Why no Tobey!? Me angry!

They had product on the shelves in time for the movie release that didn't spoil anything. It's selling. They will continue to release product based on a very successful movie, and it will sell. Just as the Endgame stuff did - a year after the movie came out. They couldn't make anything for release now because they had nothing to work with. No images. No reference art. Nothing. Knowing Tobey and Andrew were in it is not the same as knowing what their costume was going to look like, and you can't expect a company to have things ready to go without stuff like that. Sony/Marvel PURPOSEFULLY held all of that back to avoid leaks. Even if Hasbro said "Woa, we KNOW these guys are going to be in the movie, let us develop something in time for the release" Sony/Marvel would have said no because the line ups get leaked months in advance.

Did they "woefully mishandle" this? No. The logistics of the situation dictated that it couldn't happen right away. Are people "rightfully" pissed at a situation it seems like they don't fully understand? I dunno? Probably not. They are toys and a really stupid thing to get pissed off about in general - and the whole life satisfaction question comes into play - but beyond that, maybe understanding the reality of the situation would and has calmed rational minds on the subject. No one is taking away your god given right to be pissy and complain. That's just all some people can do. For the rest of us, it's pretty clear these will be coming and that there was a good reason why they aren't here now.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:47 pm

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:41 pm
The thing I think is so odd is even if marvel didn’t show hasbro concept art of the villains and other 2 Spider-Man, they KNEW they were in this. Everyone knew, even if it wasn’t confirmed. What would’ve been the harm in starting production on Raimi trilogy figures and tasm figures in an anniversary wave that would theoretically be releasing now?
if I had to guess they couldn't find space in the production window and knew this year and next would be balls deep in Tobey and Andrew stuff along with the Spidey 60th.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 am

Y'all have so much insider knowledge of how toys are manufactured!

This movie released the day before the holiday break for a lot of companies. So, they've had TWO weeks to work on digital renders they legit may have just SEEN for the first time.

Also, keep in mind - this movie didn't finish shooting until around March of last year. That is hardly enough time to get the product they DID get to shelves to shelves. This movie had a severely crunched production. Nine months is how long it might take for figures to go into production and arrive in the US - not from concept, to budget, to design, to APPROVAL? Sorry, not going to happen. Especially when assets are hard to come by and oh yeah - pandemic.

A little perspective, please.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”