Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Future MCU Spiderman/ No Way Home Legends Speculation and Discussion

Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:20 pm

I’m trying to keep an open mind, but I can’t believe that in this day and age where marvel prides themselves on amazing comic accurate costumes that they aren’t doing the animatronic goblin face they tested in 2002
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:20 pm
I’m trying to keep an open mind, but I can’t believe that in this day and age where marvel prides themselves on amazing comic accurate costumes that they aren’t doing the animatronic goblin face they tested in 2002
I still have hope. It's a long movie, they obviously had unfinished vfx in the trailers, and I forget my third point. But still, maybe.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:14 am

Villain merch is finally being revealed by other companies. I think we’ll be seeing the Legends soon.

PresidentJuggernaut
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm

I think we may have to wait to see some villain Legends because of who will be joining them in their waves/2-packs, a la the Ghostbusters: Afterlife Plasma Series 2-pack that Hasbro held back until the movie release. Little Phoebe was the main character, she was conspicuously absent from the toys, and they still held her back because of who she was packaged with. If Tobey and Andrew Garfield are in the movie, and most seem convinced they are at this point, it seems like Marvel and Sony are not going to put them in the marketing and certainly not allow Hasbro to spoil them either. Some spoilers and merchandise embargos still don't leak, even in this day and age.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:41 am

PresidentJuggernaut wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm
I think we may have to wait to see some villain Legends because of who will be joining them in their waves/2-packs, a la the Ghostbusters: Afterlife Plasma Series 2-pack that Hasbro held back until the movie release. Little Phoebe was the main character, she was conspicuously absent from the toys, and they still held her back because of who she was packaged with. If Tobey and Andrew Garfield are in the movie, and most seem convinced they are at this point, it seems like Marvel and Sony are not going to put them in the marketing and certainly not allow Hasbro to spoil them either. Some spoilers and merchandise embargos still don't leak, even in this day and age.
That's a fair guess on 2-packs. Still leaves a lot of antagonists unreleased, though- and it feels like the two most significant foes are both from the Raimi movies, so... Gonna be some disappointed collectors if it works out that way only.
I'll be gutted, personally, if we don't get them all. Such a massive opportunity for hugely popular and aesthetically great toys.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 am

One way to do it, using only pairs:
Spoiler! :
Holland Spider-Man with Green Goblin

Maguire Spider-Man with Doc Ock

Garfield Spider-Man with Electro

Lizard with Sandman.
joshsquash729
CROM!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:22 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to have another wave with Holland's Spidey and the villains, maybe a Ned, Build-an-Ock, and a deluxe Goblin. I do have a bad feeling that, after seeing how the Ghostbusters: Afterlife thing was treated, that Maguire and Garfield's Spideys might be put into a store exclusive 2 pack. I can only imagine the backlash that would receive, but it's totally in Hasbro's wheelhouse to do. It's so hard to say, because someone like Goblin could potentially be done as a regular release- we've gotten the comic Goblins with their gliders as regular releases, but I'd assume the MCU glider, with its articulation, would be a deluxe offering. Then again, I'd imagine the same for MCU Lizard, who is bigger, and probably all new sculpting. Heck, maybe even throw in Aunt May in a 2 pack; with a bigger star like Marisa, I could see them doing a store exclusive like they had to do with Angelina and Salma for Eternals. I'd say most likely, the next No Way Home wave is akin to the Infinity Saga line, with multiple single releases (with the added BAF piece), and a few deluxe 2 packs. I just hope and pray that it's all as easy to get as possible.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:07 pm

If Hasbro fully commits to this and gives us everything in one fell swoop, I will be a happy camper. That being said, I totally expect it to go something like this (which I'll take as a compromise since 100% all-new tooling is likely too much of an ask for them and could mean missing out on someone):
Spoiler! :
Lizard and Garfield Spidey: unless we're incredibly lucky, Lizard is almost certainly going to be a repack/repaint with maybe a new head, new tail, and the lab coat if that's still in the final cut of the film, as the design appears minimally changed from the trailer and would be the easiest of the old figures to reuse. As a standalone I don't see him as having a ton of consumer appeal, so that's why I think he'll be packed here with the infinitely more sought after Garfield Spiderman. I expect him to be a brand new sculpt, masked and unmasked heads, raised webbing that was missing from before, just a phenomenally done figure, which will hopefully make up for the minimal newness of Lizard.

Electro: given that Jamie will actually be visible as the character this time, I fully expect him to get a standalone release, as he is recognizable and has more mass appeal, while also appearing to have a larger part than Lizard or Sandman. While I would like a new figure, I think they could potentially reuse the Luke Cage mold with a harness overlay and new forearms to create the Electro look, but that might make him too big. I don't think we'll get the jacket look, unless it's like Moira and it's an arm swap option. Hoping for two heads, one with the Star mask, and one without, and maybe some lightning effects if we don't get the jacket. If he doesn't come standalone, this could be a good way to get out the updated Black and Gold suit with the corrected forearms.

Tobey Spidey with Green Goblin: this pack is where a lot of the tooling money will go, as both need new sculpts. The saving grace could be the glider, as I could definitely see them reusing the old Toybiz one if they have access to it. If not, then that'll be new too, but likely simplified. Tobey Spiderman needs a new figure all around, masked, unmasked heads, maybe a young and old one if we're lucky, but that might be how they recoup costs, rerelease the figure later as an anthology version with the younger head. Goblin will also need to be all new, and could possibly serve as both versions ala StarForce Captain Marvel/Minerva. Add the accessories for the new, un-helmeted look, scarf, satchel, pumpkin bombs, razor bats, as well as the original helmet and there you go. They could also go the same route here and release just the new one in this set and reuse some/most of the tooling as an anthology for the original look later.

Doc Ock: standalone deluxe for this guy, likely all new or mostly new tooling would be needed. They could try to use one of the existing large bucks for the base body, buy I think the arm harness will need to be sculpted to retain stability. I imagine we'll get the red nano arms from the trailer instead of the plain ones, one head with glasses, one without, and hopefully fully articulated arms.

Sandman and either Iron Spider or Integrated Suit with Iron Spider legs: Sandman could likely re-use an existing sculpt with some new effects pieces, and a new head. It seems like he will be mostly in his large form from what we've seen, so there may not be much to go off of here, but it will depend on how different his design is from the previous movie. Iron Spider could do with a rerelease, given its presence in the film and the limited availability last go round, but thematically it would make more sense for an Integrated repack, which will presumably use the arms in the film. Add in battle damaged Holland head and corrected paint on the hands, voila, minimal new tooling.

Sadly, though I would like to see them both done, I doubt we will get Aunt May or Ned this time around, as the lineup is just too crowded with heavier hitters, and given the choice between either of those two and the more action oriented villains, I don't see Hasbro taking that gamble. Hopefully we'll get them one day as part of some anthology line, but they could always surprise us.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:24 pm

I'd love a two pack of MJ (Michelle) & MJ (Mary Jane from one of the Raimi films) would be cool to tie the new film with the anniversary of Spidey 1.
XMenLegacy
Avengers Assemble

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:58 pm

If this line gives us Dunst's Mary Jane and Stone's Gwen, I'd be the happiest collector ever.

Glad we already have Zendaya's MJ, but hoping they can give us this new look from No Way Home:

I'm obviously ecstatic about all the possibilities with the villains and...
► Show Spoiler
but I hope the ladies aren't completely sidelined. Tomei's Aunt May would be great as well.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:34 pm

XMenLegacy wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:58 pm
If this line gives us Dunst's Mary Jane and Stone's Gwen, I'd be the happiest collector ever.

Glad we already have Zendaya's MJ, but hoping they can give us this new look from No Way Home:

I'm obviously ecstatic about all the possibilities with the villains and...
► Show Spoiler
but I hope the ladies aren't completely sidelined. Tomei's Aunt May would be great as well.
100% agree, if there's no limit to what they're looking to give us, I would absolutely take all 4 of the leading ladies. I always thought that the Absorbing Man wave Spider-Gwen had a passing resemblance to Emma Stone, so my head-canon was that in some alternate universe we got a TASM3 where they brought Stone back as Spider-Gwen and this was some byproduct of that. I would've liked to see that kind of story play out, as crazy and unrealistic as it might've been.

I just wonder whether we have room given how packed this next year is already going to be, and I'm wondering if it's a stretch that we will even get all of the villains this first time out. I am a sucker for live action Marvel though, MCU or otherwise, so if they make it, I'll buy it. I loved that we got anthology releases for X-Men and Deadpool, and would definitely support this type of thing expanding to Raimi and Webb Spider-Man films, Fox F4 (maybe only the first 2), Affleck Daredevil, Nick Cage Ghost Rider, Jennifer Garner Elektra, etc.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:42 pm

I don't care if she ever appears on film that way, but I would totally buy an Emma Stone Spider Gwen.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:I don't care if she ever appears on film that way, but I would totally buy an Emma Stone Spider Gwen.
I understand maybe waiting on Miles because he’s tangentially inferred on Homecoming, but I’m a little surprised there aren’t Spider-Gwen rumors for NWH. Tobey and Andrew are expected; Emma Stone would be an amazing surprise.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:47 pm

I agree. I still have a tiny bit of hope she is something they managed to keep hidden.

I'm sure one day live action Miles, Miguel, and Spider Gwen will happen tho.
Ben_Reilly
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:59 am

Anyone think there’s a chance we finally get another comic Rhino soon? I’ve been wanting to sell mine and get the select version but even a KO select seems to be around $50. Kind of hoping rhino gets the gamerverse abomination treatment and gets a new larger figure.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”