Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 5403
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:16 am

Or they just want us to let our guard down!
User avatar
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1844
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:43 am

You’d think a retro matte Vision will make its way out to match the recent matte Scarlet Witch. Never understood why they were shiny. Oh yeah. To sell them to us twice. Hopefully they at least do a cord on Vision’s cape this time
User avatar
TheLoneToyman
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:39 am

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:43 am
You’d think a retro matte Vision will make its way out to match the recent matte Scarlet Witch. Never understood why they were shiny. Oh yeah. To sell them to us twice. Hopefully they at least do a cord on Vision’s cape this time
Hell, they could just re-release vision with some open gesturing hands and I'd rebuy him. It bugs the hell out of me that he just has fists
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 19016
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:43 pm

Saw Loki at GameStop today and had a $5 coupon that expired tomorrow so I grabbed him

Image

While I much prefer the gold on the original, the new face paint and the vibrant green on the retro are great. Wasn’t expecting the green to have a little wash to it as well. I went ahead and unplugged and reglued his hair to lose the windswept look.
User avatar
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seattle
Posts: 19759
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:29 pm

The face does look much better.

But Loki still needs a unique sculpt.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 11215
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 pm

I'd still buy a unique sculpt of this costume, but I'd prefer a Simonson version next.
User avatar
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:22 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:03 am

september_death wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 pm
I'd still buy a unique sculpt of this costume, but I'd prefer a Simonson version next.
Word.
For reference
Image
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 20800
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:31 am

fingfangfoom wrote:
september_death wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 pm
I'd still buy a unique sculpt of this costume, but I'd prefer a Simonson version next.
Word.
For reference
Image
Yeah that version of Loki would be great!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}
Posts: 9952
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:12 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:47 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:43 pm
Saw Loki at GameStop today and had a $5 coupon that expired tomorrow so I grabbed him

Image

While I much prefer the gold on the original, the new face paint and the vibrant green on the retro are great. Wasn’t expecting the green to have a little wash to it as well. I went ahead and unplugged and reglued his hair to lose the windswept look.
Is it the perspective, or is the retro Loki taller?
User avatar
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 19016
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:32 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:24 pm

I had to do a double take at my own picture too, but I think it’s mostly because my original Loki is a bit bowlegged compared to the straight legs of the retro, with a touch of perspective in there, because they’re absolutely the exact same parts.
User avatar
FlexionDynamo
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: CT
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:56 pm

The new Comic Loki has to be on par or better than the Trickster Loki. That figure is sooooo good. I don't think they will do Retro Vision again on the Retro Card, but in a wave or maaaaaybe......Wonderman and Vision 22 PACK !?!

But that makes too much sense....
4LOTT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:03 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:57 pm

Is Wanda’s crown glued in place or can it be snapped off? If it is glued on does anyone know how?
User avatar
Thundarr
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:19 am

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Tue May 24, 2022 9:06 pm

Entertainment Earth just re-stocked the long retired Vision/Hawkeye/Panther/Wasp/Ant Man wave . Limit 2 of each per customer.

Edit: as expected Vision already sold out after about 10 minutes.
Edit: and a minute later there goes Hawkeye.
Both average over $100 on ebay so no surprise. Hope those that wanted them for their own collection got them.
User avatar
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Attilan, Moon
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Tue May 24, 2022 9:14 pm

Thundarr wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:06 pm
Entertainment Earth just re-stocked the long retired Vision/Hawkeye/Panther/Wasp/Ant Man wave . Limit 2 of each per customer.
Yup, no Scarlet Spider and Vision is sold out.
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... re/hse5533
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... re/hse5534
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... re/hse5535
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... re/hse5530
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

Wed May 25, 2022 12:14 am

Dang.

Anyone not using the Ultron head that came with Retro Vision? I could use one! :)

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”