Retro AVENGERS & WEST COAST AVENGERS

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Retro Avengers Wave

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Falcon, Loki, trickster Loki, white Vision, and Scarlet Witch revealed so far.
Discogod
prefers hot chicks to Fwooshers

Re: Retro Avengers Wave

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Are Tigra and Herc not part of this, or are they separate Fan Channel releases?
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Still need new classic deep v falcon !
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:57 pm

Discogod wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm
Are Tigra and Herc not part of this, or are they separate Fan Channel releases?

Those two are separate Fan Channel figures.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

When did falcon wear this costume we’re getting? Wasn’t the “chase” TB figure the same as this?
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Is that the exact same Lady Loki from the A-Force set aside from the new extra fist hands? They said she was a re-paint, but I compared her to my figure and didn't spot paint differences.
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Trickster is a must for me. Classic Loki us still kind of "meh". Never got the original release even when it was 12 bucks. I use the new Select Loki with Legends, but he isn't in that classic look. Probably will look good with Trickster though. If Falcon had different wings I would consider it, but it just doesn't look different enough for me. Again, maybe on clearance.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

effigy
Customized

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Is this actually a wave? I thought they were just saying they release 2 every year or so and these are the 2 (well 3 with Trickster but I'm assuming they might be sold apart from each other since they are both just called Loki on the box) they are releasing.

If it is a wave it’s off to a slow start for me. The new Loki isn’t much different or better than the last one, and it’s way too soon for another Falcon, especially one that isn’t in the classic look that they also told us is coming.
CFFJR
Super Poseable

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:29 pm

I'll grab Falcon. I never got around to buying the one from the Joe Fixit wave, and I like this one better.

I have the lady Loki from the A-force set, so don't need that. Nice to see it coming back as a single release for the people that missed the set though.

And I skipped the last classic Loki, but this one is a maybe.
Littlemidget312
CROM!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:47 pm

These 3 are obviously a result of the Disney + series that they they hope will attract new consumers. Being priced at 23.99 a piece for 3 figures I basically already own isn’t gonna cut it for me. Maybe on clearance?
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:54 pm

My guess for the remaining three reveals is a white Vision repaint of the Avengers retro wave 2 release, Shang Chi repaint (or straight re-release) from the 2020 Demogoblin wave, and a comic version of Yelena Belova. Hawkeye is coming out close to Christmas, but I am still hoping for a Legendary Riders version of classic Hawkeye and his skycycle.

Classic Loki is still so disappointing.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:03 pm

"We listen to our fans - here's classic Shocker, Armored Spidey and a sculpt dedicated to Hammerhead... and not that classic Falcon you wanted but a modern hybrid we can't even tell you what the costume is from or the Loki with sculpted chain mail you wanted but this one has two heads and daggers..."
"Loki with daggers" = "Malibu Stacy with new hat"

If this is the rumored Avengers wave for 2022, it's, um... interesting. Three comic characters tied to the MCU that are mostly repaints with new heads. Hopefully the last three will be:
If they re all MCU tie-ins: comic Sersi, Mantis, Swordsman, Skurge, Yondu, M'Baku, 1st appearance Monica, 1st appearance Carol, 1st appearance Wasp, Yellowjacket update
Brand new characters - Stingray, Blue Marvel, Moondragon, Jack of Hearts, Crystal, America Chavez, Count Nefaria, Graviton, Titania, Firebird, Attuma, Molecule Man
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:55 pm

Beamish wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:03 pm
"We listen to our fans - here's classic Shocker, Armored Spidey and a sculpt dedicated to Hammerhead... and not that classic Falcon you wanted but a modern hybrid we can't even tell you what the costume is from or the Loki with sculpted chain mail you wanted but this one has two heads and daggers..."
"Loki with daggers" = "Malibu Stacy with new hat"

If this is the rumored Avengers wave for 2022, it's, um... interesting. Three comic characters tied to the MCU that are mostly repaints with new heads. Hopefully the last three will be:
If they re all MCU tie-ins: comic Sersi, Mantis, Swordsman, Skurge, Yondu, M'Baku, 1st appearance Monica, 1st appearance Carol, 1st appearance Wasp, Yellowjacket update
Brand new characters - Stingray, Blue Marvel, Moondragon, Jack of Hearts, Crystal, America Chavez, Count Nefaria, Graviton, Titania, Firebird, Attuma, Molecule Man
Not to be that guy (but I am), but Falcon wore this costume in Ed brubakers run after his more modern suit was destroyed (by AIM I think?). The Ed Brubaker run is arguably the best and most classic run on Captain America of all time…so. There’s a market for this look
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:10 pm
Is that the exact same Lady Loki from the A-Force set aside from the new extra fist hands? They said she was a re-paint, but I compared her to my figure and didn't spot paint differences.
Mine looks exactly the same as well. And rereleasing that peg warming Loki with no real changes is ridiculous. They could have at least not included the head from the smart hulk wave. Loki really needed to be released on a different buck, like the pizza spidey buck. Or something other than the reaper body. The only reason anyone would buy that Loki would be the card.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:30 pm

That Falcon is a totally shameless cash grab and a wasted opportunity for a classic Falcon they obviously know we are waiting on.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”