How do you prefer getting your Marvel Legends news?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

How do you prefer getting your Marvel Legends news?

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:04 am

I miss the old days prior to 2020 when we looked forward to the two major times of the year (Toy Fair & SDCC) and other Cons to get reveals and news about upcoming figures. Over the past two years we have been receiving figure reveals piecemeal via multiple stream such as Fan First, YouTube influencers, Pulsecon to name a few. This I personally found to be very drawn out, frustrating and annoying, having to sit through interviews with people who I cared nothing about or have to wait weeks excitedly just to be let down by the low quality and quantity of figures revealed. So my question to everyone is how do you prefer getting your Marvel Legends figure reveals, in bulk at SDCC or Toy Fair or via multiple reveals throughout the year like we have been getting over the past year?
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: How do you prefer getting your Marvel Legends news?

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:15 am

I like the fan first streams. It was nice getting big reveals during cons but I feel like that we get to make each reveal seem more special than at a con where there’s so much
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:19 am

I’m definitely not a fan of the last few months, starting with Star Wars pipeline reveals, where they show something and it’ll be available someday by some method. I begrudgingly have accepted the fact that retail isn’t reliable (Eternals brings back great memories of seeing more than one case at a time in stores).

So yeah, if it’s a one-off, put it up immediately. If it’s a wave, say it’s a wave for Q-whatever. It’s not like there being 2 Spidey, 2 X-Men, a vintage wave every year, plus a summer event and a wave for every movie. It doesn’t need to be a huge secret.
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:31 am

I prefer all the little reveals. I definitely prefer the Fwoosh not crashing every SDCC.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

fac
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:36 am

I like the monthly streams, but I'd prefer to get info on a whole wave at once just as it is about to be put up for pre-order. Same with the box sets, fan channel (maybe announce 3 months at one time), exclusives, whatever. If I can't preorder I've decided I don't need to know about it yet - including hints about it - and wonder when and how it will be released.

The odds and ends strategy makes sense if you want to avoid gaps in interest, but with 100+ figures a year new things come up for preorder every few weeks anymore. With the shipping delays I am up to over 60 preorders to keep track of again (some things are out in the wild but I haven't been sent, so more than most I expect), many of which are for 6+ months from now. Not sure I need to know yet about a single figure that may be in the April 2022 wave or box set or something or that D'Spayre will appear sometime in the next 12 months.
Chooch
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:37 am

I'd like something between. I don't mind more reveals - it keeps conversation going. I very much don't like reveals that say "coming sometime next year." I understand not announcing the timing (especially in today's world), but not knowing if it's part of a wave or will be an exclusive makes planning more difficult. Add that to a larger percentage of product being exclusives that sell out far, far too fast on too short of a notice and the long string ends up being constant headache.
Apocalypse2020
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 am

No contest, the monthly reveals are hands down so much better for me
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:51 am

From a kid on a bike throwing it onto my porch.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:04 am

Definitely prefer this. I like things being sprinkled every month. Gives me something to look forward to on here that's not just speculating for 8 months out of the year (not that there's anything wrong with that)!
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:14 am

I don't need a damn presentation. This could just be an email.
joedick
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:16 am

Whatever works. I don't mind getting info through leaks. As for the official reveals, I much prefer the shorter more frequent fan first streams. I loved looking forward to a new reveal every day when the youtubers were unveiling the wolvie stuff.

Sure the pulse con show was light on reveals but that doesn't bother me cause I'm sure there'll be some new reveals popping up in the next few weeks. Yes, this last one was a bit drawn out for some but there's no obligation to watch it live. Just watch it later and skip the parts you don't like.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:18 am

At first I was not a fan of the more frequent but smaller reveal schedule. I really used to like flipping through the 300 photo galleries sites like ToyArk would post from Toy Fair or SDCC.

But then I started to change my perspective. It’s fun to have not only a monthly hour stream with usually one wave fully revealed and put up for preorder alongside some odds and ends but also getting the constant drip of one-off figures.

It gives me something to constantly look forward to, which, come to think of it is why I collect toys and comics in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrDucksJr
Faster than a speeding bullet

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:26 am

The current way is fine, we end up with at least one reveal a week now which is nice. Also, people complaining about the interviews could just simply just go look at the homepage later instead of sitting through everything.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:54 am

Yeah, I miss the big shows for sure, but I'm ok with the pace of the reveals now. I guess I've just adapted to it.

The thing that bothers me now are how many of the "reveals" are just digital renders without any physical prototype. That's certainly not something that's limited to the Legends team (seems Hasbro does that across the board now), but it doesn't generate the same excitement for me as seeing physical figures at SDCC, NYCC, etc. The Star Wars team has recently been doing "pipeline" reveals for the Black Series/Vintage Collection where they'll simply show an image from a movie or tv show to announce a new figure is coming, and for me the digital renders are just a step up from that.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:18 am

Regular weekly reveals from the team works fine for me. I don't have time to hunt through different social media channels trying to find interviews so come here for news that gets posted.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”