Ghost Rider: Year of Vengeance in 2022. Any chance we see anything in Legends?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghost Rider: Year of Vengeance in 2022. Any chance we see anything in Legends?

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:05 am

Surprised that Hasbro hasn't done a Riders Danny Ketch.
He'd be a perfect fit for that line.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Re: Ghost Rider: Year of Vengeance in 2022. Any chance we see anything in Legends?

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 am

My two most wanted would be 90s Ketch version and a redo of the Johnny Blaze version with a lighter blue and a red bike. I did a custom repaint but I'd buy the real thing without question.

2099 version would be a very close third.
YinzerToyGuy
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:42 am

Made myself a Danny Ketch, an Old West GR, and a Zero Cochrane GR 2099, but I'd take official versions of all of them, and then some.

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 am

I find it hard to believe they thought it was a good idea to release space Ghost Rider with all new sculpt but won't release a Ketch Ghost Rider.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:27 am

+1 for Danny Ketch.

Still unbelievable that the Toy Biz ML release of him came with the bike and was like $7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:29 am

YinzerToyGuy wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:42 am
Made myself a Danny Ketch, an Old West GR, and a Zero Cochrane GR 2099, but I'd take official versions of all of them, and then some.

These are amazing! When I saw the thread, I was going to advocate for Danny Ketch GR and Caretaker. Now that I've seen your customs, I'm thinking I might attempt my own. Mind sharing the recipe for Ketch and Caretaker?

BTW, I would add 90s Johnny Blaze to my list of Ghost Rider wants.
YinzerToyGuy
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:36 pm

maczero wrote:

These are amazing! When I saw the thread, I was going to advocate for Danny Ketch GR and Caretaker. Now that I've seen your customs, I'm thinking I might attempt my own. Mind sharing the recipe for Ketch and Caretaker?

Danny is mostly a Hasbro Johnny Blaze GR. Jacket and maybe? some of the arms from 2-pack Havok. Spikes all removed from Toybiz Danny and repainted and attached. Toybiz bike, the rest is paint.

Caretaker is actually a suit upper body and hips, Old Man Logan 2 pack jacket, arms, hat, ankle and feet. Overwatch McCree Legs, gin, and belt, with a knee swap on the left leg from a 2nd McCree. Head is the one from Magik, repainted. Hat band from Jacosta's leg band. Flame effects from the head and from AoA Sunfire. Chain from Michael's. Horse is a LOTR Ringwraith Horse with Hot Glue flames, painted with Tamiya clear paints. Chain from Michaels.
maczero
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:51 pm

YinzerToyGuy wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:36 pm
maczero wrote:

Danny is mostly a Hasbro Johnny Blaze GR. Jacket and maybe? some of the arms from 2-pack Havok. Spikes all removed from Toybiz Danny and repainted and attached. Toybiz bike, the rest is paint.

Caretaker is actually a suit upper body and hips, Old Man Logan 2 pack jacket, arms, hat, ankle and feet. Overwatch McCree Legs, gin, and belt, with a knee swap on the left leg from a 2nd McCree. Head is the one from Magik, repainted. Hat band from Jacosta's leg band. Flame effects from the head and from AoA Sunfire. Chain from Michael's. Horse is a LOTR Ringwraith Horse with Hot Glue flames, painted with Tamiya clear paints. Chain from Michaels.
Thanks for the info. I may attempt Caretaker first since the chances are less likely Hasbro will do such an obscure character.

BTW, your GR 2099 is impressive as well.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:18 am

The Hasbro team did an interview with Boog and confirmed they know '90s Ghost Rider needs to be made, but no plans yet. So I'm assuming probably not until 2023 at the soonest..

https://youtu.be/QhXZmmE0N7s?t=626
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:41 am

Only interested in a Johnny Blaze / Dan Ketch and whatever Ghost Rider it was that was a slave during the Civil War era that had a horse and is in the background of that previously posted mural. The rest I don't need. Though Dan Ketch should come with both colored flame heads at least.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:57 am

Storm of the Vale wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:05 am
Surprised that Hasbro hasn't done a Riders Danny Ketch.
He'd be a perfect fit for that line.
Know who else would be perfect for it?
Yup, that guy every blogger kept wanting to be on Wandavision, Mephisto.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:59 pm

Handsome wrote:
The Hasbro team did an interview with Boog and confirmed they know '90s Ghost Rider needs to be made, but no plans yet. So I'm assuming probably not until 2023 at the soonest..

With nothing new on the horizon for the Legendary Riders format I wonder if it is pretty much on hiatus for the time being? It's hard to get a sense of how successful it has been. Personally some of the coolest releases they've done have come in that format, and no surprise that two Ghost Riders top that list!
ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:18 pm

It boggles my mind that Ketch Ghost Rider wasn't in the cards for this latest Legendary Riders run. Instead we got Squirrel Girl who warmed those shelves good and may have killed the line.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:54 pm

H-bird wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:59 pm
Handsome wrote:

With nothing new on the horizon for the Legendary Riders format I wonder if it is pretty much on hiatus for the time being? It's hard to get a sense of how successful it has been. Personally some of the coolest releases they've done have come in that format, and no surprise that two Ghost Riders top that list!
Now they can bite the bullet, and give us a Legendary Riders: Devil Rig, complete with flaming semi! Yeah. I’ll just be over here holding my breath in anticipation. Yeah. It’ll be soon. Really.. it will…. Aw, dangnabit…
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Tell me more about this Devil Rig. A Ghost Rider with a semi?? That sounds rude.

Squirrel Girl was definitely an overreach on their part, putting the first crack at a demanded character in this high dollar format. All of the other a-listers at least made sense with their rides (Black Widow, Cap, Wolverine, Deadpool, Punisher). SG seemed a bit of a money grab.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”