X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:59 pm

I setup my X-Men display again today, and now I'm eyeing them up to see which ones have had better figures released in the last few years that I can upgrade. My setup is loosely based on the animated series lineup, so I think VHS Cyclops is enough of an upgrade, maybe the same for Wolverine. Retro carded Beast looks like an improvement, but is still more Jim Lee comics vs Animated.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:26 pm

It literally just dawned on me that earlier this year Dwight said that even though he promised to retire after he made banshee, he felt like he still hadn’t lived up to that promise just yet because he made the strike team costume this time around. But what’s gonna happen when the animated line resumes in 2024 and they make the toon version of Banshee? Because he was green and yellow in the cartoon. Dan and Ryan aren’t going to throw a farewell party for Dwight in 2024 are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:18 am

Of all the animated characters that appeared a few times you think this would be spot for Banshee? There's a long line from that show before we get to a toony Banshee.
panther10

X-Men The Animated Series

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:43 am

Enforcer wrote:Of all the animated characters that appeared a few times you think this would be spot for Banshee? There's a long line from that show before we get to a toony Banshee.
Well he appeared in costume during the Phoenix saga. So I have to figure that once most of the main characters and heavies are out of the way that he would be one of the many major side characters that Hasbro would want to tackle first.

RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:52 am

There's still more than a few animated series figure higher up the list to do aren't there? I really don't know, never cared to watch it, but I would think by that time a green Banshee would already be in the main line somewhere.
panther10

Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 am

RoboKillah wrote:There's still more than a few animated series figure higher up the list to do aren't there? I really don't know, never cared to watch it, but I would think by that time a green Banshee would already be in the main line somewhere.
For the main team they still have to do Gambit, Rogue, Beast and Professor Xavier. For some of the more notable villains we have Sabretooth and Magneto, Blob, Pyro and Juggernaut . That pretty much does it. We’re probably also going to get Colossus, Bishop, Cable and Archangel at some point. If you ask me, Banshee is inevitable and he’s probably a lot higher on the list of tertiary characters from the show than guys like Mastermold or even some of the Morlocks or even Lady deathstrike. Hell I think he has just as many appearances on the show as Apocalypse did? He was in at least 8 or 9 episodes of the show overall. I know he was in at least 4 of the 5 parts of the Phoenix saga but I think he was also in the Beyond Good and Evil 4 parter and I think he was in a small cameo in the Sanctuary episode, also from season 4.

TacoBelmont
Super Poseable

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:11 am

panther10 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:18 am
RoboKillah wrote:There's still more than a few animated series figure higher up the list to do aren't there? I really don't know, never cared to watch it, but I would think by that time a green Banshee would already be in the main line somewhere.
For the main team they still have to do Gambit, Rogue, Beast and Professor Xavier. For some of the more notable villains we have Sabretooth and Magneto, Blob, Pyro and Juggernaut . That pretty much does it. We’re probably also going to get Colossus, Bishop, Cable and Archangel at some point. If you ask me, Banshee is inevitable and he’s probably a lot higher on the list of tertiary characters from the show than guys like Mastermold or even some of the Morlocks or even Lady deathstrike. Hell I think he has just as many appearances on the show as Apocalypse did? He was in at least 8 or 9 episodes of the show overall. I know he was in at least 4 of the 5 parts of the Phoenix saga but I think he was also in the Beyond Good and Evil 4 parter and I think he was in a small cameo in the Sanctuary episode, also from season 4.

Even though Banshee had more appearances, I think you might see Psylocke before him as well, because her and Bishop joined the team when Jean and Cyclops left. Bishop is an absolute lock. I think he was the most commonly encountered character outside of the main team. Cable is way up there too.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:15 am

They’ve only done 8 figures with no guarantee of even a 9th one. Banshee is way down the list of priorities for this line. I personally think it’s more likely we never see another release in this line than we do a Banshee.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:36 am

Yeah, I assume this VHS line is done. With the “X-Men ‘97” show on Disney+ next year, there will be lots of new characters we’ll want that will be in animated style (but maybe not cel shaded). Hasbro has gone kind of deep on “What If…” I think the new X-Men cartoon will get even more support beyond the leaked wave.

panther10

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:42 am

gpmartin414 wrote:Yeah, I assume this VHS line is done. With the “X-Men ‘97” show on Disney+ next year, there will be lots of new characters we’ll want that will be in animated style (but maybe not cel shaded). Hasbro has gone kind of deep on “What If…” I think the new X-Men cartoon will get even more support beyond the leaked wave.

When they teased the Spider-Man animated line at SDCC, they said the x-men line is taking a one year hiatus to focus on Spidey but then they are picking right up where they left off on the VHS line

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:44 pm

They did not say that. They said they're taking a break and Dan added "That doesn't mean we can't come back to it," as they know if they announce it's dead, people will stop buying what's available and be angry about the team not getting filled. And they don't commit so people can't get mad a year from now if it doesn't come back. If you want to feel optimistic about it, some of the figures have since sold out so perhaps the sales goals are being met. I guess keep tabs on artist Dan Veesenmeyer too on social media. He likely won't explicitly say it's coming back as that is for Hasbro to announce, but maybe he'll tease something if it is. Hasbro hired him to do the box art last January or February so if it is coming back on a similar timeline he'll be one of the first to know.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:07 pm

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Pulse is getting ready to charge for Cyclops.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:49 pm

We are getting the whole X-Men The Animated Series\97 wave next year, If we consider the leaks to be true.

But, I'm more interested how these figures will look like. Considering, we already have Wolverine and Storm. It's also "case of six". Maybe it's another vintage wave.
Spoiler! :
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Aleks wrote:We are getting the whole X-Men The Animated Series\97 wave next year, If we consider the leaks to be true.

But, I'm more interested how these figures will look like. Considering, we already have Wolverine and Storm. It's also "case of six". Maybe it's another vintage wave.
Spoiler! :
Well, Gambit, Storm, and Rogue have already fairly recently gotten retro figures in X-Men ‘92 style. I don’t think Hasbro would double dip with have a wave.

I imagine this will be X-Men ‘97 style, which appears to be somewhat stylized based on the art that’s been shown.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:03 pm

Aleks wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:49 pm
We are getting the whole X-Men The Animated Series\97 wave next year, If we consider the leaks to be true.

Spoiler! :
I'm curious as well. It could easily be another collection of repaints, but sometimes Hasbro surprises and sculpts figures to match the art style (i.e. Into the Spider-Verse) so they might go that route. The show looks like the characters are stylized just enough that a Rogue or Gambit from the line won't be an accurate stand-in for the 92 series, but it's not as if a lot of the characters in the VHS series match that show's style to begin with either so maybe Hasbro will call it "good enough?"

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”