X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:42 pm

kailryu wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:57 am
CaptainRon wrote:I dig the Sentry head for Joseph. I need to find suitable arms to swap to the discounted Morph I bought yesterday. Looks like the cyclops were an easy enough swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the pegs are identical so it’s a straight boil and swap - if you care enough to add some yellow to the shoulders then you could make it more accurate, or wait for Gambit and use those arms.

The downside I will mention is that these jacket sleeve arms are reused from Gambit/Multiple Man and don’t get a good bend if you want to have Cyke’s fingers to his visor, nor do the shoulders sit straight down by his sides in a neutral pose, but I can live with it.

Another thing I forgot to mention, I really like how the chest straps are an inlay and not an overlaid piece, it makes having the jacket on him move without the chest strap riding about awkwardly so as iffy as I am about the leg straps positioning the chest straps are very well executed.

When this figure gets a non-cel-shaded version on a retro card or a deluxe release with an updated blast effect head I’ll definitely be getting that too

To make an accurate Joseph you would need yellow for the shoulders. If you’re just looking to do a non-jacket Morph though then the yellow isn’t needed. The artists never continued the yellow onto his shoulders in the show. He would need some flesh-colored paint for the forearms though.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:54 pm

That body Gambit is on is gonna get so much mileage...
KEWOOSKI
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:28 pm

This Cyclops is gonna replace all other Cyclopses on my X-Men/mutant shelf.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:30 pm

I have the warlock one, the love triangle one, the dark Phoenix two-pack one and the mafex one and i have to admit, im tempted. Even with the conan face.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:55 am

For those who liked the crazy head more than the calm head on Morph, this guy removed the dark circles that made him look deranged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt-FFEVnV34
Ruckus
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:33 pm

Still holding off on Morph. As much as I've heen waiitng for him, he could have been so much better. I expect another release without shading, possibly no jacket and some multiple heads. I can be patient for now. Hopefully he's on the horizon
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:53 am

Leaning towards canceling the VHS Cyclops due to ugly head.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:19 am

PurpleLantern wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:53 am
Leaning towards canceling the VHS Cyclops due to ugly head.
The visor looks jacked for sure. His signature visor shouldn't look like it was sculpted out of playdoh. I've seen one that looked good, the rest looked botched.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:00 pm

Even if the head is shit, I have the Love Triangle set so I don't mind. I can use one of those heads. Not ideal but it is what it is.
LipSmack
Avengers Assemble

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:30 pm

Anyone pulled the jacket and arms off morph yet? I assume it can be swapped onto cyclops ?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:36 pm

LipSmack wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:30 pm
Anyone pulled the jacket and arms off morph yet? I assume it can be swapped onto cyclops ?

Previous page:
kailryu wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:08 pm
Got my Cyclops today and it was a five second pause before I decided I wanted him to have a jacket so he and Morph went straight in the bath…

He feels more Children of the Atom now and an upgrade to the love triangle figure, which I’m quite happy about as I’ll be downsizing Morph to a Bucky cap body kitbash to improve the relative scaling.

Unfortunately my Cyke also had a messed up visor so I took a file and scalpel to him to even out the eye slit and after a paint touch up he’ll be sweet

And since I now had some spare parts…

I’ll probably go with the Old Man Hawkeye head but I didn’t know where it was right now

PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:36 am

The Cyclops visor looks too swollen like I should be able to put in another Cyclops' optic blast effect in there or a hotdog. Don't like the lipstick either. The hair does look like Conan O'Brien.
SymbiSpidey
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:32 pm

I can't quite remember if it was always the case, but it seems like Cyclops' release date has been changed to December 12th and Pulse has marked it as shipping soon
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:18 pm

Cyke was originally scheduled to ship around the 1st of the new year, but this has been pretty par for the course with this line as the estimated ship dates have been pretty generous. Which I personally like. There's nothing more annoying than watching a preorder release date just get moved every first of the month for months on end.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:35 pm

I got an email from Hasbro saying Cyclops would be shipping soon. The release date changed from either February 1st or January 1st to December 12th.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”