X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Handsome wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:06 pm
How do their shipping rates compare to Pulse?.
Sometimes shopdisney offers free shipping for orders over $75 but the code doesn't always apply. Their standard shipping rates will depend on weight, but they're average. I've got Pulse Premium, so I don't know what shipping costs for non-members.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:22 pm

The shipping rate was about the same to me in California, but the figure itself is a dollar cheaper. And don't have to wait, so I canceled my pre-order from Pulse and got him from Ship Disney.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:32 pm

Shop Disney is also pretty slow to ship product, but since Morph is only available there, it's not like that's much of a consideration right now. Maybe I should see if my daughter needs a new princess dress for Halloween to hit that free shipping amount...
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 pm

Misfit wrote:Shop Disney is also pretty slow to ship product, but since Morph is only available there, it's not like that's much of a consideration right now. Maybe I should see if my daughter needs a new princess dress for Halloween to hit that free shipping amount...
I’ve actually found them to be fast to ship and deliver (at least in NYC for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:46 am

Normally I would have waited for a free shipping deal that shop Disney normally does but for morph I can’t wait
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:50 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:46 am
Normally I would have waited for a free shipping deal that shop Disney normally does but for morph I can’t wait
SHIPMAGIC code worked for free shipping for orders over 75.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:09 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 pm
Misfit wrote:Shop Disney is also pretty slow to ship product, but since Morph is only available there, it's not like that's much of a consideration right now. Maybe I should see if my daughter needs a new princess dress for Halloween to hit that free shipping amount...
I’ve actually found them to be fast to ship and deliver (at least in NYC for me).

Maybe it's regional. I live in Mass and am married to a Disney fanatic so I buy a lot of stuff from that website and it's always been slow for me. I usually assume it's going to take about 2 weeks from when I place my order before I see it.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:01 pm

MCU Collector has a review of Mystique up.

https://youtu.be/OfmyKX5Wig4

She looks to be more of the same, about what you'd expect from this line.
yojoebro82
Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today

Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:03 am

RoyalCollector wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:27 pm
They all turned out ghastly during production, but I'm still gliding on nostalgia and promo shot promises.

What could have been.
Thanks for sharing those pics. I never knew there was such a difference. Had they turned out as intended, I'd probably have held onto them.

I saw some people mention that TB Phoenix is pretty good, and I agree. That body mold wasn't too bad. I do like TB Storm as well.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Daughter wanted an Elsa Halloween costume this year so I went ahead and grabbed Morph too. Shop Disney must have saw my critique on their shipping speed because that was the fastest I ever got anything from them (to be fair, the pj’s I got my son are still in transit).

Morph is…fine. The new legs are good and the placement of the straps doesn’t bother me. The cel-shading on the coat is bad, Jubilee bad, and there’s basically no shading on the front of it which I guess might actually please some people, but not me. The default, stoic, head is kind of useless. There’s none of Morph’s personality captured in it. The secondary, evil, head looks great though.

Ultimately, it’s all right, but if Hasbro was going to go all out for a release in this line it really should have been Morph. Even if it needed to be priced at animated Venom levels to get more paint on it and more expressions. He really needed to be smiling, and maybe a scared or “Wolverine! Fall back!” third option would have been awesome. That and a gun with a hand to hold it. Some probably would have loved optional arms for a coat on or off look, or gloved hands too, but I probably would have always displayed him with the coat so I can’t complain there.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:01 pm

My Morphs were supposed to be delivered Friday, but the USPS misdelivered them to a parcel locker four zip codes away. This is the fourth time this has happened in the last few months with collectibles from legit companies like Disney that print the correct address on the label (all of which have been X-Men related like the full Bonebreaker case, which is very suspicious).

These packages are never delivered, and the local post office supervisors aren’t helpful to the point of basically being “you’re shit out of luck.” I’ve lived here two years and never had an issue until June.

A carrier is either stealing my stuff or is dumping it at a particular spot to keep their delivery metrics up. I opened up a fraud case to at least get their attention.

Ugh.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:34 pm

That sounds super frustrating. When I lived in a condo a few years back I lost a few small packages where the post office claimed they must have been placed in the wrong mailbox and there was nothing they could do about it. I was able to place a hold on all of my packages after that and I just picked them up at the post office. It was annoying, but less annoying than lost mail.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:50 pm

Misfit wrote:That sounds super frustrating. When I lived in a condo a few years back I lost a few small packages where the post office claimed they must have been placed in the wrong mailbox and there was nothing they could do about it. I was able to place a hold on all of my packages after that and I just picked them up at the post office. It was annoying, but less annoying than lost mail.
Trust me, I’ve thought of mail holds it the like, but my post office actually ignores them completely. Like I’ll put a hold on mail or packages for the holidays or for when I’m on vacation and get a confirmation email, but it won’t be followed at all. Before I go on any trips longer than a few days, I change the delivery address on all outstanding preorders to my parents’ house to give my packages somewhere to go. It’s gotten even more important to do so with the completely unpredictable release dates now.

The USPS in NYC completely sucks. It’s gotten to the point that I go with UPS or FedEx when given the choice usually.

Speaking of which, I ordered two other Morphs from Disney via UPS. I’m trying to get a refund for the misdelivered items, but who knows how Disney will be.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:05 pm

I don't have any Legends hands I could give to Morph, but I do have lots of NECA TMNT Foot Soldier hands. Those fit fine in Morph and the scale is okay for those looking for gripping hands. NECA paints their stuff, so the flesh tone is a little more saturated than I'd like. I posed it here with the hand by the head to draw attention to that, but if posed away from the head it looks passable on a shelf. The gun in his hand is the MCU Deadpool handgun which I think is what Mystique is coming with just painted blue. I might go with that for Morph when she arrives.

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:04 am

Got my replacement Morphs from my lost package from Disney today!

Both figures do a great job of representing the animated style with fitting in with the ML house style for head sculpts.

For me, this figure is a grail. I would’ve never thought he was possible even just over a year ago before Hasbro introduced the VHS line.

I know Morph as a character hasn’t had a big impact really, but my first introduction to X-Men was on Halloween 1992 seeing the sneak peak of the series premiere. Seeing a character get killed in a cartoon blew my seven-year-old mind — and then watching him come back as a tormented bad guy in the second season was fun.

I still remember how excited I was seeing that they were releasing a Morph figure in the Toy Biz 5” line from Wizard Magazine’s recap of the 1994 NY Toy Fair. Got the same feeling today while opening these Image.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”