X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:00 am

Looking forward to purchasing the empty boxes on eBay.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:21 am

I got an e-mail saying Mr. Sinister would be shipping soon. Sinister and Morph are the only 2 I'm getting from this line, as I feel they go with the regular collection just fine. The other ones, while cool looking, feel out of place with the regular comic collection, or they just feel like they are too much the same to figures I already have to merit the cost.

If this was truly an animated series Marvel legends line, and they sculpted the heads to look like the cartoon, like they did with Wolverine, I'd be all in.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:21 am
I got an e-mail saying Mr. Sinister would be shipping soon. Sinister and Morph are the only 2 I'm getting from this line, as I feel they go with the regular collection just fine. The other ones, while cool looking, feel out of place with the regular comic collection, or they just feel like they are too much the same to figures I already have to merit the cost.

If this was truly an animated series Marvel legends line, and they sculpted the heads to look like the cartoon, like they did with Wolverine, I'd be all in.
those will be offered next year as a deluxe for $14 more.

i never liked the cartoon but i do like these figures for some reason. i'll probably keep buying them but they better start pumping out more. they won't be anywhere near my other legends figures.

i'll need an area now for figures that it really makes no sense to spend money on....like the carbonized star wars figures, unpainted mcfarlane, transformers that don't transform (R.E.D. and ultimates).
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:41 am

I hope that we get a Friends of Humanity member, for this line. :D I like the animated look the best.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:55 pm

Did anyone’s Sinister and Storm actually ship? They charged me last week but no movement yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:00 pm

Nothing yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:19 pm

I just got a shipping notification for Sinister. I was charged last Friday for that one. Still waiting on Storm. Shipping via UPS.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

X-Men The Animated Series

Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Just got my shipping notification for Sinister and Storm within a minute of each other but in different boxes. So inefficient.

Threash
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:04 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:56 pm
Just got my shipping notification for Sinister and Storm within a minute of each other but in different boxes. So inefficient.

Speak for yourself buddy, i use every single one of those free boxes :)
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Sinister and Storm both arrived yesterday from Pulse. Kind of nice to have preordered something as recently as February and have it already delivered, that definitely hasn't happened in awhile. Sinister is what he is, a straight repaint with an adjusted neck. They didn't do anything to improve the cape or the odd way his feet look. Fair to question where the extra money is going to on this guy, but also can't deny I like the look of the figure and it helps that I don't own the prior version. His shading is done in a slate gray, almost a graphite or silver, which is odd. I think it would have looked better if they just did black. It's a curious decision, but I do think he is the best shaded character in the line so far.

Storm is just okay. Her shading looks logical, just half done because her costume really calls for a third color in it to be properly cel-shaded. The hair looks fine, they did shade the underside of it with a blue, but I wish they had applied some of that to the part of her hair that's actually visible just to give it something. As a lump of white plastic, it's just kind of bland and blends in with her costume. It also makes her really top heavy and I suspect she'll need a stand. That's also partly because the quality of the plastic on her is really gummy. The right leg on mine even appears slightly warped and curves in. The inaccuracies are also still a bummer like the lack of heeled boots and the absence of a second head to pair with her effect parts, which also are just okay. The whole piece is cast in translucent plastic so the portions that are her hands are painted and look out of place. I don't know if I'll even use them in my display or just find a flight stand to pop her on and call it a day.

I guess to summarize, I like Sinister even if objectively speaking the value is terrible. He really should have some accessories, but he has none, but looks good enough to be my second favorite in the line so far after Wolverine. Storm I'm more tepid on. She's not as bad as Jubilee and will at least blend into the display much better, but she also could have been improved upon with a little more attention to detail. It's like Hasbro feels we should just be happy if we get any new tooling and she at least satisfies that.

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:33 pm

Your Sinister looks great. I wish they put as much effort into Siryns glide-wings as they did into that Storm's, and that's not saying much considering some people's experiences with Storm's wings in the past.

Update: I received my own Sinister today and he only has one eyebrow painted on. I don't know how Hasbro's QC paint apps continue to be such garbage. Out of Wolverine / Sinister / Jubilee that I ordered, Jubilee's was the only one that didn't have glaring paint issues. After Morph I may be giving up on this wave, it's a hassle to keep contacting Hasbro and showing them what was botched this time and waiting for a return.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:04 pm

That's a bummer about your Sinister, he definitely needs that eye black to pull the look off. The more I mess around and look at Storm the less I like her. I though I'd like her better on a shelf, but now what stands out is just how she's mostly a brick of white. They really needed to differentiate between her hair and the costume. There are definitely shots in the show where the white of her costume matches the hair, but there are just as many where her costume has a hint of blue or gray (like the opening credits) which I think just looks better and gives her costume the illusion that it has a shiny quality to it. I've liked all of the box art so far, maybe they should just consult with Dan Veesenmeyer on how to color these figures before going into production.
TheeCollector
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:27 pm

Sinister really is the highlight of this line for me so far because his paint is just THAT good. Looks incredible in person.

Wolves is a close second but needed the additional line work. As is he was just ok. Same for Jubilee and Storm.
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 pm

Got Storm and Sinister from Pulse on Friday. The Sinister figure is great, but the VHS-style packaging was very beat up.

As for Storm, her packaging was in good shape, but her cape tore when I was switching out to the lightning hands. I had to get replacements for both from Hasbro.

When I got the Wolverine figure a month or so ago, I had to get a replacement because the figure had a large black paint spot on the chest that couldn’t be removed. So far, Jubilee has been the only one I’ve got without issue.

I love the concept for this line with the cel shading and VHS-style packaging (and already have the comic versions of these figures, so not trying to use this line as a way to get figures I missed), but the consistent issues are concerning.

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:32 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:18 pm
Got Storm and Sinister from Pulse on Friday. The Sinister figure is great, but the VHS-style packaging was very beat up.

As for Storm, her packaging was in good shape, but her cape tore when I was switching out to the lightning hands. I had to get replacements for both from Hasbro.

When I got the Wolverine figure a month or so ago, I had to get a replacement because the figure had a large black paint spot on the chest that couldn’t be removed. So far, Jubilee has been the only one I’ve got without issue.

I love the concept for this line with the cel shading and VHS-style packaging (and already have the comic versions of these figures, so not trying to use this line as a way to get figures I missed), but the consistent issues are concerning.

Dan Who has had a couple really bad paint app issues on some windowless package items. For the extra cost at a MINIMUM you'd hope easy stuff like that would be addressed, especially since you can't see the product inside. That was one of the initial concerns many had you'd hope would be considered a little more closely all things considered by Hasbro.

They better have a pain-free return/exchange policy with this kind of stuff given the cost. How was the experience in getting replacements?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”