X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 pm

itsmejoee wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:19 pm
Have we seen any in-hand images of Jean? Several people have her VHS box on their shelves in some Instagram posts I’ve seen but I’ve yet to see any photos of her beyond the images on pulse
ive only seen the boxes from the legends crew themselves... not an inhand jean though
MarvelLegendsMan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm

PharOOO wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:29 pm
I pre-ordered this figure right away because Apocalypse is one of my all-time favorite comic book characters and easily the best part of TAS, even if I could never understand why they chose to make him so...purple. I wish he was less purple in the show, but I can't fault Hasbro for the color choice, even if it looks ridiculous. Those were the colors in the show. Kudos on the hand cannon, also.

But my problem with this figure is the same problem I had with the BAF: the body proportions. Ideally, he'd be a little taller and a tad less bulky. He's just too short and wide compared to the way he's usually drawn. It's not as egregious as the hideous, ape-like original Toy Biz Legends Apocalypse, but the proportions are a far cry from the beautiful Toy Biz Apocalypse BAF. I wish they'd make a Poccy with the the aesthetic of that old BAF and proportions somewhere between that figure and this new current reveal.

As a newer collector, I don't have that Toy Biz BAF, though I frequently consider buying it. For now, I'm hoping the upcoming Select release will scratch that itch. If not, I may end up picking up that Toy Biz figure after all. Hopefully all these new releases cause it to drop in price on the secondary market.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
While checking eBay for my new obessession, older 1990s ToyBiz X-MEN figures, I came across this auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175327512817

I thought I'd post it in-case you were interested. Look at the seller's name, I think he's also a YouTube figure reviewer?
I don't think that's the guy you're thinking of (J Hernandez), but thank you anyway! I think I'm still going to wait and see how the Marvel Select version turns out before I pay $100 for this old Toy Biz BAF, and these don't seem to be very scarce on eBay (unless something has changed recently). I'm a huge fan of the Original Five/X-Factor, so Apocalypse, along with Magneto and Mr. Sinister, are my most beloved villains. One way or another, I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually.

Still, very nice of you to post the link. Some people around here could learn a thing or two from you.

PharOOO
Avengers Assemble

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm
PharOOO wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:29 pm
I pre-ordered this figure right away because Apocalypse is one of my all-time favorite comic book characters and easily the best part of TAS, even if I could never understand why they chose to make him so...purple. I wish he was less purple in the show, but I can't fault Hasbro for the color choice, even if it looks ridiculous. Those were the colors in the show. Kudos on the hand cannon, also.

But my problem with this figure is the same problem I had with the BAF: the body proportions. Ideally, he'd be a little taller and a tad less bulky. He's just too short and wide compared to the way he's usually drawn. It's not as egregious as the hideous, ape-like original Toy Biz Legends Apocalypse, but the proportions are a far cry from the beautiful Toy Biz Apocalypse BAF. I wish they'd make a Poccy with the the aesthetic of that old BAF and proportions somewhere between that figure and this new current reveal.

As a newer collector, I don't have that Toy Biz BAF, though I frequently consider buying it. For now, I'm hoping the upcoming Select release will scratch that itch. If not, I may end up picking up that Toy Biz figure after all. Hopefully all these new releases cause it to drop in price on the secondary market.

While checking eBay for my new obessession, older 1990s ToyBiz X-MEN figures, I came across this auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175327512817

I thought I'd post it in-case you were interested. Look at the seller's name, I think he's also a YouTube figure reviewer?
I don't think that's the guy you're thinking of (J Hernandez), but thank you anyway! I think I'm still going to wait and see how the Marvel Select version turns out before I pay $100 for this old Toy Biz BAF, and these don't seem to be very scarce on eBay (unless something has changed recently). I'm a huge fan of the Original Five/X-Factor, so Apocalypse, along with Magneto and Mr. Sinister, are my most beloved villains. One way or another, I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually.

Still, very nice of you to post the link. Some people around here could learn a thing or two from you.

Thank you, man! I really appreciate the very nice comment!

This board has been very helpful to me in the past with BAF parts, posting sales, or when things go live for pre-orders so, when I see an opportunity to help another collector out, I'm more than happy to try.

Sure, I read a lot of things unrelated to figures/collecting here that I partially or completely disagree with posted (and practically everywhere else online, lol) but I keep my opinions to myself.
I highly doubt that I'd be able to sway anyone's opinion to my viewpoint anyway, so I avoid those conversations all-together.
Although, I will always read the posts I disagree with because I'm extremely fascinated by other people's viewpoints regardless of how drastically different they might be from mine.

Anyway, thanks again and I'm also really looking forward to seeing the Marvel Select version of Apocalypse. If it is looks anything like the original V2 ToyBiz figure from the 1990s, I'm buying 2!
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:55 pm

Dan Yun posted an in-hand shot of Evil Morph. This is likely how I'll display him as this look definitely turned out well. Hopefully the shading on his jacket isn't as random as Jubilee's.

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:42 pm

Hoping Storm, Jean Grey, and Morph ship soon. The displays for these will really pop with multiple characters.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:54 am

See, like that, Morph doesn't look bad. That head works for him. The other one does not. The straps are still too high, but it doesn't look bad on Morph. It would look awful on Havok and Cyclops. They need to be lower for those 2.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:35 pm

The straps have been drawn all over the place on the thigh. It's a matter of personal preference at this point. I always hike Cyclops' up higher as they seem to fit more snugly.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:09 pm

yeah i like that morph head alot
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Just got an email from Hasbro about Storm shipping soon. Hopefully Sinister and Jean Grey aren’t far behind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:32 pm

I got the same email for Storm. Apparently some are getting emails for Sinister too, which I have yet to see come across my inbox.
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:19 pm

Got the same email for Storm as well.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:54 am
See, like that, Morph doesn't look bad. That head works for him. The other one does not. The straps are still too high, but it doesn't look bad on Morph. It would look awful on Havok and Cyclops. They need to be lower for those 2.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Seems to match the animation, but yeah Mafex nailed Cyclops and I would like Hasbro to match. Straps lower and thicker, but we shall see.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:33 pm

I got the same email for storm. Went to double check my order on Pulse and it looks like Sinister is expected to ship by next Thursday as well if you check the product page

gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:40 pm

Mystique never went up for sale, right?

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:26 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:Mystique never went up for sale, right?

No she hasn’t but that might change in time for SDCC

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”