X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm

You can't make a speech after saying you're speechless, that's against the law.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Fri May 27, 2022 9:59 pm

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:You can't make a speech after saying you're speechless, that's against the law.
In my defense, I was typing the entire time. My lips were not moving. You have my word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:41 pm
Aleks wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:40 pm
Super glue is a collectors best friend.
I don't do glue. Not anymore at least...
May I ask why? Cause I love super glue.
It's sticky, rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

But seriously, I don't like to use it on new figures. If something is broken beyond repair - sure, why not.

And It's easier to sell an old Cyclops figure when they announce a new one. Especially if he doesn't have glue on his legs.
Blackestday
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 27, 2022 10:29 pm

anybody use the egg roll baggie yet? does oil soak through?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 3:48 am

panther10 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
NORM wrote:Aw man, I just assumed that newly sculpted claws would have also attempted to be better quality than previous claws. They're as bad as Toy Biz claws?? That's no good.
Just things I've read. I don't have it to actually compare.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
His claws are fine. Stop spreading campfire stories.

CTVampSlayer wrote:lmao "just things i've read"
Hey, some of those comments were on this site, when he was first getting to people. I just try to be informative lol.

But I'm glad they're not as bad as the TB claws.
Aleks wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:41 pm
Aleks wrote: I don't do glue. Not anymore at least...
May I ask why? Cause I love super glue.
It's sticky, rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

But seriously, I don't like to use it on new figures. If something is broken beyond repair - sure, why not.

And It's easier to sell an old Cyclops figure when they announce a new one. Especially if he doesn't have glue on his legs.
I get that. I guess I just don't ever plan on reselling anything. I'd rather have my straps not fall off and the figure look and function well then worry about resale value. If I were to ever sell stuff, I would end up putting disclaimers on anything that I modded, glued, or repainted, which is quite a lot. Pretty much every Power Ranger figure I have has been altered somehow. Most of my new SW figures because of the way they make them have been altered. And quite a few ML. I usually glue down belts or straps glove cuffs or any other floaty bits since they look ****in stupid (imo) just kinda hanging there. Also hate moving or posing a figure and his belt or straps just move around, and then I have to readjust it. Part of my OCD I guess. If you're just displaying it you could use double sided tape instead. Not sure how well it would hold, cause I don't use it for figures. But could be an option if you're not gonna mess with the figure too much.

panther10

Sat May 28, 2022 4:27 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:Just things I've read. I don't have it to actually compare.

His claws are fine. Stop spreading campfire stories.

Hey, some of those comments were on this site, when he was first getting to people. I just try to be informative lol.

Being informative only works when you have pertinent, first hand information right in front of you. Otherwise you might as well be saying the moon is made of cheese lol.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 7:59 am

panther10 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
panther10 wrote: His claws are fine. Stop spreading campfire stories.

Being informative only works when you have pertinent, first hand information right in front of you. Otherwise you might as well be saying the moon is made of cheese lol.

It may be, you don't know. They coulda faked the whole moon landing thing. Image

Jk lol.

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 8:49 am

panther10

X-Men The Animated Series

Sat May 28, 2022 3:11 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
panther10 wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:Hey, some of those comments were on this site, when he was first getting to people. I just try to be informative lol.

It may be, you don't know. They coulda faked the whole moon landing thing. Image

Jk lol.

Lol yeah well trust me, we are well past the dark ages of this

This isn’t my pic but still…woof…

And the worst part is not only remembering that this isn’t even the worst example of how bad the Toy Biz era claws could warp. Those things were basically twist ties. I still get PTSD over all those wasted hours and minutes that I had spent running back and forth from my kitchen in my youth trying to do the hot water trick in an attempt to reset those claws but I just couldn’t get them to stay straight for the life of me.

The new XTAS are leaps and bounds better. Are they made of a softer plastic? Sure. But the advantage here is that these claws are springy so they hold their shape and they always want to go back to center. Even if they are a little warped out of the box. A simple 3-4 second dip under the sink will reset the plastic and they’ll be good as new. No muss no fuss. I haven’t had a single problem. I even took the figure with me to my haircut yesterday to show my mom and packed it back up in the box with the accessories and still the claws didn’t warp when I came back home. So I think these are going to be fine

In other news, Jubilee arrives today so I’ll open her up when I get the chance

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 6:26 pm

Just opened both Wolverine and Jubilee now that my doubles arrived. I opened the ones where the figures and accessories seemed less secure in the package. Wolvie is cool, the claws are great. As far as round claws, rather than flat, I like them, but they seem thin. I'm sure the nuance of how much larger I'm asking them to be would be hardly noticeable. He comes with a second set of grip hands, but they don't have the claw caps on the back under the knuckles. Just generic hands. Enough to grip the silly frame. The cel shading is ok, but I think there's too much contrast. They could have pulled off something more subtle to the same effect. As is, it looks like he peed himself. For anyone curious, the base yellow of the plastic matches the 80th 2pk FA version and the Love Triangle figures.

Jubilee is fine. The head sculpts are where it's at for this figure. I think the one with the sunglasses not attached is actually an all new sculpt. At least the hair might be, as it has gutters in the sideburns for the glasses to fit. I don't remember that on the original figure. And the BAF head is an excellent alternative. I like both of these heads a lot. The two sets of sunglasses are different, not like the doubles packed with the original figure. One is opaque, one is translucent. On my translucent pair, there's blue blotches from the top rim across the painted reflections, so it looks awful. Won't use those. The lips on the head without sunglasses are painted just slightly left of center. Not a huge deal, but I notice it.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Sat May 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Just got wolverine and jubilee but I’m going to have to bug them for a replacement jubilee because my box came all dented. For how little effort they put into her and how expensive they are I better at least get a good box. Especially since I’m displaying the boxes.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 1:38 am

Got Wolverine today and wow am I impressed I was excited to get this guy but it just looks like it jumped off the show. I love this figure so much that I ended up going back a getting the figures I passed on so far from this line. I know most are repaints and not everyone’s cup of tea but I am very happy with this figure
panther10

Sun May 29, 2022 2:19 am

I just opened Jubilee and I like her. I definitely think that she’s somewhat better than the Jubilee from the Caliban wave because of the addition of the Baf head and the muted colors on her shirt and shorts that are featured with this edition. My one complaint though is that I think her raincoat should be longer and they should have brought the BAF raincoat back from 2015

MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 5:38 am

There you are, Wolverine!

panther10

Sun May 29, 2022 8:49 am

MaximumCrapping wrote:There you are, Wolverine!

Nice!!

I remember my jaw dropping when I first saw wolverine in this exact sequence from the show because my only prior experience with the character was through the Arcade game, the Pryde of the X-Men cartoon, the talking wolverine figure with the backpack that came out in 1991 and then a graphic novel that I had of the character that came out that same year. So in pretty much every instance he wore his brown and tan costume across the board. So when wolverine showed up in this tiger stripe costume in the show, I literally turned towards my parents (who were watching the pilot with me when we rented it from blockbuster) and we all just simultaneously went ….”That’s Wolverine???????”

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”