X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Wed May 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Siryn does not look sleepy in person. It’s an expressive face. Very well done in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Wed May 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:44 pm
Siryn does not look sleepy in person. It’s an expressive face. Very well done in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Testimony from someone who has it in hand? Nonsense.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed May 25, 2022 6:24 pm

Objection. Hearsay.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 7:27 pm

Maggott's head shape is much too big, which throws off the silhouette. Even in the linked reference photo the back of his head is not bulbous, which seems to be a common attribute of this character. The figure has a ginormous head, and the sprig of hair sculpted like it is doesn't help.

And I remember people not liking the Classic Strange because his face was so full - people wanted their classic Strange more angular.

It's really a silhouette thing, and I don't think either of these two cut the way I envision the characters/how the characters are most often envisioned.
TacoBelmont
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed May 25, 2022 10:03 pm

I have Siryn. The face is fine. It actually looks pretty good in hand. The hair is a bit too orange, but still not far off from the source material. Overall, it is one of the better female MLs thanks to the better articulation. The cape and lack of a screaming head are the biggest issues with it.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 4:24 am

Made this observation in the Mojo thread, but it's more relevant here: Not only are the straps too high on Morph's legs, they are also too tight - they cut into his thighs, not wrap around them. Which also makes the straps look oddly flat.

Hasbro tried to hide this by not turning his legs in any of the shots, but it's clear the straps cut into his thigh muscles:

They also posted the back of the box and the render is much better than the actual figure:
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 5:10 am

They just keep dropping the ball with this line.
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Thu May 26, 2022 5:34 am

I'm excited to finally get a Legends Morph to replace my old custom... but that normal head sculpt feels off. It's not a bad looking face sculpt, I just don't automatically think of Morph when I first see it.
Anyway I ordered two since he's my favourite character from the show. I'm not really collecting this animated line, but I think I'd be down for Beast if he has a cartoon accurate head. Otherwise I think Morph will be my only purchase from this line. (unless we get some more unique characters).
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:09 am

MAFEX got the straps right on Cyclops. But that's comic based. For Morph, I'm betting they used his old toy as the reference

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:35 am

I saw someone mention it in the wave thread I believe, that the Syrin head looks like Amber Heard. Once I read that, I can't unsee it. To me, it looks pretty close. And that, to me, makes the head garbage. If they rerelease her with that head and a screaming one, I will probably never display the neutral, or find a replacement.

Morph's straps on those new legs being probably reused later for redone Cyclops just make me happy, so I don't have to rebuy him to "upgrade." I'm fine with the Cyclops I have. Pinless inaccurate legs aren't gonna make me rebuy him. I am a little sad they may use it for the training suits though. I hope they don't, but odds are they will. At least with the training suits it would be more uniform with each other. So I could excuse it. But if they look bad, I'll skip those too, if they ever happen. I'll get a retro Morph, because the straps don't look as bad on *him*, if they ever make one without cell shading.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 am

JPC wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:41 am
Storm's hair is not right.
I have seen this complaint so often so I must ask; what exactly is not right about it? I mean I have plenty to complain about the costume design, but that is irrelevant.

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:19 am

I think the Morph head looks like Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones).
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:33 am

maschine9 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 am
JPC wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:41 am
Storm's hair is not right.
I have seen this complaint so often so I must ask; what exactly is not right about it? I mean I have plenty to complain about the costume design, but that is irrelevant.

The shape is good for the cartoon look, I think people just don't like that it's a big block of white plastic. If it had cell shading or a bit of a wash to bring out the detail of the sculpt, it would probably look better
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 7:56 am

if they do release Apocalypse in his cartoon colors, how much do you think that'll cost? I think the AoA version was $30 back when regular Legends were $20. These are at $28 for regular-sized characters.

Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 8:00 am

This new Storm head sculpt looks much better to me, then THIS

Her hair even looks like a dirty mop.

"Straps too high on Morph's legs". They were in the series. Depends on the frame. In one they are high, in the other they are low. But as long as they don't constantly fall off- I'm good.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”