X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Tue May 24, 2022 3:17 am

Can anybody tell what base buck this is? There are some folks over at Marvelous news that think it is Vulcan. If that is the case, not only are those straps in the wrong place, anyone else who uses those leg pieces could end up looking like Schwarzenegger. That buck is a little larger than the Grim reaper body. Isn't morph supposed to be a little smaller than normal? I can't wait to see this figure next to one we know the size of. If it is the Vulcan buck, Morph might end up bigger than Firelord or Moon Knight. Seems wrong. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 4:02 am

The more I see of this line, the more disappointed I am.

It's just so phoned in and it's obvious whoever is running this doesn't have a passion for the source material.

Jean Grey was the one that made me cancel everything.

I was going to pick up Morph based off the box art, but with the head reveals it looks nothing like him (or even the box art for that matter).
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 5:41 am

Yup. Morph was the only one I was considering because of how bad the rest are, and at that price as well. So now I'm skipping him. The new legs are wrong. For me it looks like the straps are above the thigh cut, when they're supposed to be much lower. And the normal head looks nothing like him. And then they used the wrong jacket. Do they not remember the Peter Parker jacket exists? I coulda swore that one was closer to his look then the OML jacket. Turned my dream line into a shitty cell shaded knock off lookalike. Hopefully the rerelease looks better when they do a non cell shaded one, but odds are he'll still have the wrong parts too, just no cell shading. At least I have the comic looks for the animated costumes. This is where I glued my straps for both Cyclopsss and Havok. I even cut them and trimmed them a bit to fit tighter.Image

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MaximumCrapping
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:09 am

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm
I find that wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cut into squares works better than nail polish remover. It takes much longer but it doesn't harm the plastic. Nail polish remover is much quicker but you don't want to let it linger on the plastic.

That said, as bad as the normal head is, I have to wonder if the black hair is a compatible swap from the evil head to the normal one. The brown hair sculpt looks like it belongs on a 6th grader.
To be fair, in the "Courage" episode, Morph did have brown hair. As a shape shifter, I suppose you can rationalize Morph wanting to change his hair color. It seems that Hasbro decided just to split the hair color between the two head sculpts. I'd hate to buy two, but your helpful suggestions I can remove the cell shading and the bags under the eyes and have a regular smiling expression.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:19 am

There's nothing regular about that expression - both of his faces are as weirdly sculpted as Retro Sue.

He kinda looks like a roided jock - neither of which are words typically used to describe Morph.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:24 am

Are these all Hasbro Pulse exclusives?
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 am

MaximumCrapping wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 6:09 am
JTMarsh wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm
I find that wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cut into squares works better than nail polish remover. It takes much longer but it doesn't harm the plastic. Nail polish remover is much quicker but you don't want to let it linger on the plastic.

That said, as bad as the normal head is, I have to wonder if the black hair is a compatible swap from the evil head to the normal one. The brown hair sculpt looks like it belongs on a 6th grader.
To be fair, in the "Courage" episode, Morph did have brown hair. As a shape shifter, I suppose you can rationalize Morph wanting to change his hair color. It seems that Hasbro decided just to split the hair color between the two head sculpts. I'd hate to buy two, but your helpful suggestions I can remove the cell shading and the bags under the eyes and have a regular smiling expression.
Good luck, the magic eraser trick works but you're scrubbing quite a while and the pieces disintegrate quicker the smaller you cut them. It should be no big deal removing the cel shading, the eye makeup however, will take a bit more finesse. Fine detail work is a little more difficult when you're right up close to paint you don't want to harm. So best to take your time and go slow with it. Also I did find out when I used too much nail polish remover on my X-Men Deadpool, that while it does seem to make the plastic more gummy if you over-do it, so long as you didn't go hog wild with it, you can run the figure under cold water to harden the plastic up again somewhat, and then use more wet magic eraser to buff it back to looking more or less like normal plastic again.

Do share how yours turns out.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 7:36 am

My Wolverine shipped from Pulse. Guess it's too late to go back on this line now!
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 7:53 am

mattmurdog wrote:
My Wolverine shipped from Pulse. Guess it's too late to go back on this line now!
You can always give this figure to the orphans. It's not too late.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 am

I like his second head sculpt. But this one looks like a middle aged Tom Holland.

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 am

I think they just decided to sculpt Graydon Creed, and stick what they thought should be Morph's hair style on it. Then they can reuse the head for Graydon, and maybe put a some glasses on it for Gyrich and then finally a mustache for Trask before it's fulfilled its use. It's very generic looking.
Bleuboia
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 24, 2022 11:31 am

Aleks wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 am
I like his second head sculpt. But this one looks like a middle aged Tom Holland.

They don't have lips in the animated series. At least the men don't. That's one of the things that stick out the most. They could've struck to the style of all the other Marvel Legends and not painted his lips.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 11:40 am

mattmurdog wrote:
Thanks, you reminded me to go and double check that I canceled him and Jubilee. Although I do feel Wolverine is the one passible figure that we've seen so far. I think I COULD have lived with just getting him and rested buying the rest of the team. But, nah....I just don't need a one-off cell shaded Wolvie.
Popoman
CROM?

Tue May 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Got charged for Wolverine. I think I'll just stick with him, honestly. Rest of the line is iffy.
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Eh, I actually really like the Morph figure. He's not from the regular 616 universe and wouldn't really have a place in my display because of that, so I'm totally cool with the cell shading. We have a hundred other heads we can probably plop onto ol' Morph to give him that '94 action feature feel, too. The thing I like most about this is that Hasbro OFFICIALLY has an X-Men training uniform buck now. They can literally print money with this thing. Banshee, Joseph, and the whole gang, really. Wolverine and the babes would require some new tooling, but that shouldn't be too bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see a boxed set of them for their 50th Anniversary next year.

The best thing about this? Getting a new Cyclops without the annoying, sliding leg bands. The Cyke, Havok, and Bishop figures we have are cool and all, but trying to pose them without their little cuff gimmicks slipping down is SOOOOO annoying. I can't wait to get a respectable Cyclops out of this and trade the others in for some serious store credit at the comic store.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”