X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:46 pm

I think the exact quote was more along the lines of them not wanting to focus on the entire team right now because they still have a finite budget and have to delegate between a dozen different marvel legends sub-lines including movies, Disney+, comics, Gamerverse and the retro carded lines. So it might take a few years but more characters will come out in the X-Men animated line in a somewhat steady pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:54 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:36 pm
They aren't planning to do the entire team?? Eek...

I'm definitely skipping (or cherry picking) the villains but was hoping to get at least the main X-Men team all in the same style. (Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Jubilee and Morph)
They didn't say they aren't, they're just non-committal as it's a new line and the sales have to be there. They did say it's going to be a slower moving line, so they're not going to drop in waves (which is already evident). The solicitation already mentions additional characters so I would assume we would have seen them at Toy Fair, and maybe they'll show some stuff next month. I'd be very surprised if they're not already mapping out the main roster since they can handle all of them with repaints with minimal need for new tooling. Maybe they're less certain with Xavier since he's more involved. And I'll be shocked if they don't do Morph since everyone is asking for him. I'd be less certain on secondary characters like Cable and Bishop and the villains don't seem like a certainty outside of maybe Magneto.
MarvelLegendsMan
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:58 pm

They'll repaint any and every X-Men figure they can in the Animated Series look as long as the figure bears a passing resemblance to a character that appeared in the series, with some minor new sculpting/overlays/accessories where needed. In some, extremely rare cases, there might be a large scale upgrade or revamp, or an altogether new release.

What a great way to get plenty of idiots - myself included - to buy the same exact figures again.

Maybe it won't extend to characters like Dazzler or Polaris, for example who had such minor appearances in the cartoon, but I suspect it'll extend to the likes of Archangel, Iceman, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cable, Bishop, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:09 pm

Sure, they love an easy repaint. But they can only release so many figures. They have to do other X-Men figures that aren't cell-shaded, other comic figures, both BAF waves and Retro waves, MCU figures, Disney Plus figures, Gamerverse figures.

Ryan said the goal is to EVENTUALLY get the main cast, but couldn't promise they would all be released.
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:12 pm

I hope we see Jean and Storm before Wolverine and Jubilee ship. If they don't include any new parts or anything special I'll have to decide if I want to invest in this line.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:18 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:58 pm
What a great way to get plenty of idiots - myself included - to buy the same exact figures again.
But will I buy 9 more Multiple Man because he's in his green jacket!? :lol:
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:21 pm

Dang, it's cool that Jubilee has two heads featuring her sunglasses rather than one with loose sunglasses, but RIP the bubble-head. I suppose nothing a dremel can't fix... EDIT: Just realized, this new Jubilee has the BAF's head? Wow. The new paint job really makes a world of difference...

Mr Sinister looks fantastic. I feel like the first release was worth more than I paid, so this is the only figure here that feels like it's worth the price, to me. Tempted to buy this new one but I'm pretty happy with the first one.

If you were into these cel-shaded coloring styles, you could really have a neat collection across brands and series over the past few years. It's not my thing but a loaded display with cel-shaded Marvel, Star Wars, DC, TMNT, all looking like they're straight out of a comic book, would be a great collection.
Darth_Drakonis
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:53 pm

Anyone think we get all 76 episodes of the X-men animated series as a complete DVD or Bluray set?
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

X-Men The Animated Series

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:55 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:Anyone think we get all 76 episodes of the X-men animated series as a complete DVD or Bluray set?
I mean possibly one day, sure…but the entire show is available on Disney+ for no additional fee so you can watch it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:02 pm

They are doing just enough to get me to buy these.

Wolverine, new heads
Jubilee, new/old head that is miles better than the actual head we got with the Caliban wave
Sinister, exposed neck
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:06 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Anyone think we get all 76 episodes of the X-men animated series as a complete DVD or Bluray set?
I think I got the 5 DVD sets within the last 10 years. Now that it's on D+ we might be SOL for a bit. They are using this to drive subscriptions after all.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:09 pm

Darth_Drakonis wrote:
Physical media is dying out, and the whole series is streaming, so I don't know if there would be a large market for it. But if they put the episodes in the proper script order, I'd be in.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:29 pm

Anyone who never got the Jim Lee X-men MLs, this line is your chance.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:48 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:29 pm
Anyone who never got the Jim Lee X-men MLs, this line is your chance.
Until they make a Jim Lee line, which I am sure they will do. You can't really get a Jim Lee line until we get a Jim Lee Psylocke who was barely in the cartoon
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:40 am

[broken record]Pulse.eu please[/broken record]

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics