X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 pm

I have long wondered where the line was that would break my Marvel Legends completionist compulsion and this is it. I am not a fan of the cel shaded animated decos. The few NECA TMNT figures I've bought with that deco I have repainted to look "normal". This is one sub-line I can happily skip. I have the characters done well by Hasbro already - no need to pay the new higher price for these.

I loved the show when it came out. It was amazing to see the stories I loved from the comics on screen like that. But I just don't have any need for these variants in my collection.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:07 pm

panther10 wrote:Dan Yun confirms on Twitter that they will be going deep on this line. So don’t fret fellow collectors. More animated x-men figs are coming

[URL][

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where does it say deep? We know it’s continuing since storm and Jean grey are in the product description. Deep would be obscure one off characters.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:02 pm

Maximoff wrote:
panther10 wrote:Dan Yun confirms on Twitter that they will be going deep on this line. So don’t fret fellow collectors. More animated x-men figs are coming

[URL][

Where does it say deep? We know it’s continuing since storm and Jean grey are in the product description. Deep would be obscure one off characters.
I meant deep in the sense that there will be some longevity to this line. It won’t just be a one off

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 pm

That sir, is not deep. Deep is the main X-Men team, all of the villains from the final shot of the credits, and some Friends of Humanity.

If I had to guess I'd say we might get most (likely not all) of the main team (Wolverine, Jubilee, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Beast Gambit, Rogue) and Magneto. Anything beyond would be a welcomed surprise... but most definitely a surprise.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:12 pm

panther10 wrote:
Maximoff wrote:

[URL][

I meant deep in the sense that there will be some longevity to this line. It won’t just be a one off

Gotcha but even if they get through the main team that wouldn’t be deep into the characters of the series. My collection consists of basically anyone who has appeared in the series. So unless they are going to cell shade and repackage alpha flight or x-factor then this isn’t a deep dive into the show. Like Neca is doing for TMNT where their goal is to make every character even if they were on screen for 2 seconds. Continued line was already assured by the mention of 2 more characters. Beyond that who knows. I could see main team and maybe magneto. I don’t even know if beast would work in that packaging. Might be too beefy.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Enforcer wrote:That sir, is not deep. Deep is the main X-Men team, all of the villains from the final shot of the credits, and some Friends of Humanity.

If I had to guess I'd say we might get most (likely not all) of the main team (Wolverine, Jubilee, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Beast Gambit, Rogue) and Magneto. Anything beyond would be a welcomed surprise... but most definitely a surprise.
As I said, it’s not an unreasonable expectation to assume that Hasbro could produce around 30-40 characters from the tv show. That would account for around the entire main team including morph, 10-12 of the more memorable villains and then an equal number of side characters. And because they aren’t constrained with requirements like retail space and most of the work is being done in house outside of the original artists who helped craft the show for the VHS style packaging, I’m sure Hasbro has free reign to list however many units they want without having to worry about allotment numbers or assortments. Whatever figures are next in the pipeline will go up on the pulse site as they see fit

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:25 pm

panther10 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 pm
Enforcer wrote:That sir, is not deep. Deep is the main X-Men team, all of the villains from the final shot of the credits, and some Friends of Humanity.

As I said, it’s not an unreasonable expectation to assume that Hasbro could produce around 30-40 characters from the tv show. That would account for around the entire main team including morph, 10-12 of the more memorable villains and then an equal number of side characters. And because they aren’t constrained with requirements like retail space and most of the work is being done in house outside of the original artists who helped craft the show for the VHS style packaging, I’m sure Hasbro has free reign to list however many units they want without having to worry about allotment numbers or assortments. Whatever figures are next in the pipeline will go up on the pulse site as they see fit

That's a great point - say these figures perform exceptionally well, and they are sold exclusively through the Pulse site as the army builders are, there is no reason to think this could continue a few figures at a time beyond the actual year of the 30th anniversary. I wouldn't be... psyched personally since it would most certainly be repaints of figures I already have... but it's fantastic for fans of the show who missed out on the main cast in their original release.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:31 pm

I would order the entire main team in the VHS line, but nothing beyond that. Hopefully they don't pass up on any of the main crew in order to accommodate for the more obscure characters. Save those guys for the regular ML line I say!

When I say main crew, I mean:

Prof X
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Jubilee
Beast
Storm
Gambit
Rogue
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:41 pm

My expectation, for now, is the main team plus Morph. Maybe minus Xavier since the hoverchair is a more costly item (maybe he gets a special packaging release as a con exclusive or something), but the main X-Team makes the most sense. After that, you have a handful of villains I'd consider iconic and their existence may be more dependent on sales. Magneto and Sinister are easy re-tool/re-paints of existing figures, but Sabretooth is kind of his own thing. Apocalypse is a big boy and might also require a special release. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. One thing I'm not worried about is the package being a hindrance. For one, it's an oversized VHS styled box so it should accommodate most figures, and if it needs to get bigger I don't see that stopping Hasbro from doing a figure. Just like how NECA's deluxe TMNT figures come in a variety of box shapes.

As long as we get the main team I'll be content. I'll feel disappointed we didn't get any villains, but not scorned or anything. And beyond the main team, I feel like my order of importance would be something like:

Magneto
Sabretooth
Mr. Sinister
Apocalypse
Juggernaut
Colossus
Bishop
Cable

If Hasbro has any designs on going that deep, then I'll be ecstatic.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Hmm...I wonder what this could be referring to:

FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:09 pm

IF the only way I can get a Beast, Jean and Cyclops for a reasonable price is with cell shading, then so be it.
Doober
CROM!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 pm

I just hope they only make characters in this line that have been previously released in the regular ML line. I'd hate for Morph to show up in this line and not in the regular ML line. Same for Toad and Avalanche.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:22 pm

Doober wrote:
I just hope they only make characters in this line that have been previously released in the regular ML line. I'd hate for Morph to show up in this line and not in the regular ML line. Same for Toad and Avalanche.
I'm pretty sure Morph is going to show up in this line since he only existed in the animated series. Might as well get over it now and save yourself the aggravation for when he's officially announced.
SYNNER
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:25 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:22 pm
Doober wrote:
I'm pretty sure Morph is going to show up in this line since he only existed in the animated series. Might as well get over it now and save yourself the aggravation for when he's officially announced.
ONLY!?!?! ONLY!!!!?????!!!!
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 pm

Doober wrote:
I agree. I'll still pick up a cell-shaded Morph just because there's no other option other than a custom. But I'll definitely hope they eventually make one without the cell-shading. If this past Pulse-Con taught us anything, it's that Hasbro loves to release re-paints.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”