X-Men The Animated Series

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Apocalypse2020
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: X-Men The Animated Series

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:51 pm

Im really not digging the cel shading but it is what it is.

I always kind of thought the retro carded x men were kind of based of the animated series even if not cometely accurate just more so because of the bright colors
Apocalypse2020
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:52 pm

Also i was really hoping to get the rest of the x men line up on those orange retro cards but thats a little less likely anytime soon now
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:01 am

Apocalypse2020 wrote:Also i was really hoping to get the rest of the x men line up on those orange retro cards but thats a little less likely anytime soon now
What are you talking about??? Those retro carded figures are for retail chains and the X-Men animated series figs are limited edition exclusives that are only available at Shop Disney and pulse. There’s room for both. Why does this message need to be drilled into everyone’s heads over and over again? Hasbro is known for building up teams and eras from across the spectrum. It doesn’t matter what the source material is or what decade it hailed from. You’ll get both and more.

Bottom line is that Hasbro does not do one offs. They are after something bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:26 am

panther10 wrote:
Apocalypse2020 wrote:Also i was really hoping to get the rest of the x men line up on those orange retro cards but thats a little less likely anytime soon now
What are you talking about??? Those retro carded figures are for retail chains and the X-Men animated series figs are limited edition exclusives that are only available at Shop Disney and pulse. There’s room for both. Why does this message need to be drilled into everyone’s heads over and over again? Hasbro is known for building up teams and eras from across the spectrum. It doesn’t matter what the source material is or what decade it hailed from. You’ll get both and more.

Bottom line is that Hasbro does not do one offs. They are after something bigger.

I do wonder how many of the X-Men retro cards we will get. Of the Spider-Man, Marvel Super Heroes, and X-Men retro card waves, X-Men has had the fewest releases — only one true wave and some one-offs and exclusives. Spider-Man has had the most and the general Marvel line is starting to catch up.

I have to wonder if they haven’t released more X-Men retro cards to save the figures for the VHS releases. At some point, different sub-lines do cannibalize each other.

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:41 am

Nothing wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:23 pm
Misfit wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 pm
This line will probably have to sell like crazy in order for Hasbro to do a toon sentinel. I don’t see that happening, but never say never, I suppose.
There's no reason why they can't do a 12" deluxe one, a la Surtur or Hydra Stomper, and sell him for $50-$60. Seems like a no-brainer to me, and every X-men ML collector would buy one.

There are so many dumber/obscure super-deluxe figures and sets being put on the retail shelves than Sentinel. It would sell like hotcakes.
My comment was in response to a Haslab style release. Maybe they’ll do a compromise release, but I think they’d just get a bunch of griping if so. I personally wouldn’t be interested in a sentinel the size of the Hydra Stomper, but maybe I’m in the minority.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:49 am

Misfit wrote:
Nothing wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:23 pm
Misfit wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 pm
This line will probably have to sell like crazy in order for Hasbro to do a toon sentinel. I don’t see that happening, but never say never, I suppose.
There's no reason why they can't do a 12" deluxe one, a la Surtur or Hydra Stomper, and sell him for $50-$60. Seems like a no-brainer to me, and every X-men ML collector would buy one.

There are so many dumber/obscure super-deluxe figures and sets being put on the retail shelves than Sentinel. It would sell like hotcakes.
My comment was in response to a Haslab style release. Maybe they’ll do a compromise release, but I think they’d just get a bunch of griping if so. I personally wouldn’t be interested in a sentinel the size of the Hydra Stomper, but maybe I’m in the minority.
Oh nonono when I posed my question I was thinking of the Marvel Universe 3 3/4” scale sentinel but stripped down of its bulkier armor in favor of something that’s a little more basic so it looks like the Mk. II armor from the comics and the cartoon. I doubt we’d ever get another Haslab sentinel. That seems hella unlikely at this point.

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 am

Gex wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:12 pm
I believe this line will be a complete pass for me but Is the packaging and cell shading worth the price increase?
It's probably the paint that's jacking up the price. I'm a sucker for X-Men so I'm all in. I hope they don't expand this line otherwise I'd be tempted to be a completionist.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:20 am

I'm a sucker for a well done Wolverine head sculpt, and just got Jubilee because I didn't want to have to go try to track her down later. Plus the VHS boxes lined up was a smart marketing tactic for completionists. I just hope they don't do EVERY character from XTAS, as I can only really justify the main team to myself before I start doing the "Dude Where's My Car" "...and then..." Magneto "...and then..."" Mr. Sinister "...and then..." Sabretooth "...and then..." Apocalypse... and before I know it I'm in for 2 different Archangels, an Omega Red, a Nightcrawler and a Colossus that didn't even appear in costume; and I've rebought all the characters I already own.

Plus there's the issue of whether the heads look more like the original art direction, or start to look more like the phoned-in animation style from the Philippines that showed up later in the series, of which I only sorta' liked Rogue and Gambit's looks.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 am

If I had any affinity for the show, I'd definitely get all of these just for the packaging. I'm not a MOC collector, so I can't imagine I'll ever say that again.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 am

Hasbro really does need to fix the claw ports being missing on Wolverine's second set of hands though. They're on the clawed hands and conspicuously absent on the non-clawed hands. Fix this please if you're going to charge us $27 bucks and claim it's animated series accurate!
LivingTribunal
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 am

I wonder if the Wolverine heads will be cel shaded or not as the tenders are, but the physical sample shown isn’t :?:
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:45 pm

The packaging profile shot is the biggest temptation to me to get these. I don't need cel-shaded XTAS releases at a premium price point. But that packaging is a stroke of genius.
Aleks
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:39 pm

Don't really care much for Haslab Sentinel, too big for me and needs screwdriver... but if Hasbro make more classic, smaller version for 50$ ( like Surtur), I would buy 5...or even more. You can even use it for your Master Mold.

That's not gonna happen any time soon though. Maybe after a year or two.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:46 pm

I would love one that size too I passed on the haslab it was just to big but one that size would be awesome
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:11 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 am
Hasbro really does need to fix the claw ports being missing on Wolverine's second set of hands though. They're on the clawed hands and conspicuously absent on the non-clawed hands. Fix this please if you're going to charge us $27 bucks and claim it's animated series accurate!
That's my only gripe with Wolverine. I would like them to fix that, but since I'm unlikely to pose him without the claws I can't get too upset, but it's a bizarre oversight. I'm hoping when they get to a plain clothes Wolverine (because they love to make more Wolverines) we get the season 1 error hands that had the claw ports on them and some without. If they're not going to include them on a standard Wolverine though, then I'm guessing they won't do so for a different release.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”