2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Nik
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:42 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:33 pm
argh... my Noir got the "backorder" listing
Mine too, but thankfully my Iron Spider should be here tomorrow. Even though it's been in my area for 2 days, when UPS gives you a delivery date, they may be late sometimes, but they're sure as shit never early. Those MFs will hold a package in my town for days before delivering it to me.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:50 pm

Nik wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:42 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:33 pm
argh... my Noir got the "backorder" listing
Mine too, but thankfully my Iron Spider should be here tomorrow. Even though it's been in my area for 2 days, when UPS gives you a delivery date, they may be late sometimes, but they're sure as shit never early. Those MFs will hold a package in my town for days before delivering it to me.
yeah, everything else shipped, so friday in theory i could have the entire anniversary run outside of Noir and Mr.Negative
stack32
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:03 pm

Received my Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man from Target yesterday. It's my first experience with the plastic-free packaging and I absolutely despise it. I'll make sure that box goes in the landfill just for you, Hasbro. Luckily the paint is actually good. I'm mostly satisfied with the articulation besides that the head is more limited than I'd expect and the butterfly joints in the shoulders don't seem to move much. The underarm webs barely work at all, they fall out if you look at the figure too hard. The full set of hands and webline are nice to have, this is one of the few MLs I've purchased recently that actually feels like a complete product because of those additions.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Received my Target order for RYV and Iron, happy to report that there weren't any missing parts or paint issues. My Iron is a bit loose all around, but it's ok. I also don't see any paint not matching, he looks similar all around (Like Modular Ironman). I know that was a point of controversy with this figure.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:56 pm

Just got the AF Spidey and Iron Spider and both are absolutely spectacular. Some amazing work from Hasbro on display here. Figures are really well done and no QC issues present here. Interestingly every X-Men fig I've received with the plastic free packaging has some (usually minor) paint issue but every one of theses 60th Spidey figures I've gotten so far have thankfully been pristine. I may not be a fan of the packaging but at the end of the day, once they are out of package I really don't care anymore and the quality of figures I'm seeing here are enough to overlook the unfortunate price bumps (that honestly I forgot all about until just now).
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:21 pm

I’ve gotten Iron Spider, Noir, and Peter/Ned from Target between yesterday and today. So far I’ve only opened the spidey’s; they are both great, but I can’t help feeling like they’re missing hands. Noir could use what should be the standard Spidey accessories (fists, web-shooting, wall-crawling), but I’d have settled for just the first two. The paint on this Spider-Ham is better than the flat one that came with Gwen, but I’d rather have had the hands. Iron Spider should have had wall-crawling hands. It would have been nice for his Waldo’s to be the same color as his shin/forearm bracers, since they appear to be cast and not painted. Mine are a little warped, but I’m sure I can fix them.

It really just should be the standard for the character, and I don’t know why “deluxe” price figures still feel incomplete.

Both figures are perfect on QC though, so 2-in-a-row for me on window-less packaging.
Ninjak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:51 pm

stack32 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:03 pm
Received my Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man from Target yesterday. It's my first experience with the plastic-free packaging and I absolutely despise it. I'll make sure that box goes in the landfill just for you, Hasbro. Luckily the paint is actually good. I'm mostly satisfied with the articulation besides that the head is more limited than I'd expect and the butterfly joints in the shoulders don't seem to move much. The underarm webs barely work at all, they fall out if you look at the figure too hard. The full set of hands and webline are nice to have, this is one of the few MLs I've purchased recently that actually feels like a complete product because of those additions.

You may need to free up those butterfly joints my good man. One of my AF Spideys had sticky butterfly joints, but I just stuck him in the freezer for 20 minutes and then popped them loose and now they work with their full range of intended motion. Which is pretty decent.

Also, the range of movement on the head is one of the things I like best about the figure. He can literally look all the way up and all the way down. Makes for some great wall-crawling and crouching poses.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:13 pm

I just got 60th and Iron Spider.

60th anniversary Spider-Man is the perfect teen body. Not overly muscled, and the right height with awesome articulation. Hasbro has no excuse now not to get teams like New Mutants, New Warriors, Original X-Men, Young Avengers, etc. made.

Iron Spider - Man I'm glad I got him on the Target sale, because had I paid full price, I'd be pissed.

His torso and crotch pieces are the shiny material, while the rest of his body isn't. His waldo arms are weak as [email protected]#$. You can get lucky and pose him on them for a few seconds, but the weak-ass plastic will quickly give away. Absolutely not worth a deluxe price. In any way. I hope, though I don't expect it at all, that when this is re-released in the black outfit, they use stronger plastic for the waldo's.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 am

TFitz wrote:

60th anniversary Spider-Man is the perfect teen body. Not overly muscled, and the right height with awesome articulation. Hasbro has no excuse now not to get teams like New Mutants, New Warriors, Original X-Men, Young Avengers, etc. made.

Iron Spider - Man I'm glad I got him on the Target sale, because had I paid full price, I'd be pissed.

His torso and crotch pieces are the shiny material, while the rest of his body isn't. His waldo arms are weak as [email protected]#$. You can get lucky and pose him on them for a few seconds, but the weak-ass plastic will quickly give away. Absolutely not worth a deluxe price. In any way. I hope, though I don't expect it at all, that when this is re-released in the black outfit, they use stronger plastic for the waldo's.
So the legs and arms are not shiny? I am confused about the complaints people have with him. Mine seems to be shiny all around and everything looks the same.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:23 am

mattmurdog wrote:
TFitz wrote:

So the legs and arms are not shiny? I am confused about the complaints people have with him. Mine seems to be shiny all around and everything looks the same.
Maybe a running change? The arms/legs/head on mine def. don't have the swirly shiny plastic. If I find out that's the case, I'll chance getting another and swap them.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:40 am

TFitz wrote:

Great point. Good news, Hasbro. Two of the five necessary body types are now done.

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:09 pm
- A lithe body for acrobatic types. The closest analog is probably the Sunfire body. This can serve the likes of DD, BP, and Mr. Fantastic. Spider-Man is 5'10, 167lbs, so this could fit him, too. Though Spidey is such a popular hero that he may warrant his own mold, like Wolverine.

- A tall and muscular body for those in between. This can serve the likes of Cyclops and Silver Surfer (6'4, 225lbs).

- A superheroic body for most heroes. Vulcan is already ideal. This serves Hawkeye, Vision, and Magneto. Most of the Marvel Universe, really. In that way, it is a Bucky Cap replacement.

- A brawler body for the big boys. This is your Hyperion or Hercules body. It serves the heavy-hitters like Luke Cage.

There's also a need for a teenage body, but the four bodies mentioned about would cover 80% of Marvel's male heroes.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 am

Bombastic Bag Man shipping this weekend!
I could kick myself.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:56 am

I got Silk and Doc Ock, and am very pleased.
Doc is basically the same as before but with better paint on the heads. I wish the color on the orange and green was the same as the single release, just because I wanted to give the one I already modified 2 fists, but thats not a deal breaker.
Silk is phenomenal. The alt hands are all good, the body has PHENOMENAL articulation and paint, and the heads might be the best that we have seen on a Legends female.

Very pleased with the set. I think Bagman is all thats left of the 60th sets for me now (As far as I remember).
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:33 am

TFitz wrote:

I wish they's use the AF body for Iceman. I'm assuming they didn't in the Amazing Friends 3 pack because the mold was ALREADY in use at the same time making Amazing Friends Spidey.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:00 pm

TFitz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:23 am
mattmurdog wrote:
TFitz wrote:

Maybe a running change? The arms/legs/head on mine def. don't have the swirly shiny plastic. If I find out that's the case, I'll chance getting another and swap them.
The whole figure is shiny but the torso has a different swirly paint from the arms, legs and head. It's very noticeable in person.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”